Author Topic: hit by a semi today  (Read 18290 times)

Offline babyelephant

• Ol' Kozmic Blues again Mama
    • WPC Club of Norway
Re: hit by a semi today
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2010 - 02:45:12 PM »
Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear you're ok.
JH23J0B
88 BMW 635 CSiA
87 Trans Am GTA
x RH23G8E

Offline 528 Hemi Cuda

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2010 - 12:37:54 AM »
I agree do not sign anything.  About a year ago our Dodge Truck was in an accident. The stupid lady was on her cell phone and hit us. She was going about 60 to 65 when she hit our Truck. We had the light to turn left and she was going straight. She did not even slow down. She admitted she was yacking on her phone and did not see her light was red. We had a lot of people that saw what happened so she could not lie her way out of it.  She told the Police she was talking to her boss and was upset and ran the red light. One of the witnesses said she had to of seen the light because she went around all the stopped cars and hit us.  Our Dodge is an 2005 and it only has 25,000 miles on it.  Thank God it is a heavy Truck. Her Insurance paid for everything. She was in a Ford 500 and it was totaled.  We were not hurt but it was upsetting to see the damage on our Truck. Her Insurance was out the same day to look at our Truck. We have not signed anything and we won't until we know for sure nothing will pop up later.  I am very sorry to hear about your Challenger.  Good luck on getting everything fixed. If the Trucking Company does not take care of it the way they should I would contact one of your News Channels and let them know what happened.  Good Luck.
Pink Ice

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2010 - 12:51:43 AM »
i got an email today from the damage appraiser and it had his report. now this guy claims to have had his own body shop and all that in the past. the forms list my car with the correct vin the guy was here for over 4 hrs looking at my car and trying to find parts. he lists my car as a 1973 dodge CHARGER.......there is 2 compairable vehicles that are 1973 dodge charger with pictures of chargers. no where lists a dodge challenger.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: what a great xmas this should add to the pain and suffering!
73 challenger rally 340

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2010 - 03:06:40 AM »
hang in there and like above, dont sign anything.   you will have your way in the end

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2010 - 04:19:11 AM »
Keep all documentation from the insurance, that will go against them later, if they spent 4 hrs checking the car and they have the correct Vin it will show that they are in-competent. Make sure that you keep notes of what you saw them doing for future reference and any conversations because later down the track you may be unsure of the sequence of events and what was said/when.   :bigsmile:
Dave

Offline Skunkworks Challenger

• Mopars forever!
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2010 - 09:24:57 PM »
Andrew, anything new to report on your car?  Don't leave us hanging!  PK :dunno:
The Brewmaster

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2010 - 09:31:28 PM »
just dealing with insurance. their proposed offer sofar is $12,803 just for property damage dont know for pain and suffering yet.

skunkworks i might need that rotisserie if not sold yet. i took the car to puget sound auto body because thats what rocket restorations recomends and to diversified custom cars because a buddy said shawn is really good.
ive been trancfered to 4 different adjusters now im at the total loss dept.
andrew
ps i will buy the car back if they total it.
73 challenger rally 340

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2010 - 01:41:22 AM »
so heres what im driving till something happens to the challenger. i built a 318 and put in it back in june just kinda lost intrest. it drives great with 3.09 gears it purs down the interstate.
andrew
ps i washed it then pressurewashed all the junk from behind the chrome.
73 challenger rally 340

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2010 - 02:41:27 AM »
i got an email today from the damage appraiser and it had his report. now this guy claims to have had his own body shop and all that in the past. the forms list my car with the correct vin the guy was here for over 4 hrs looking at my car and trying to find parts. he lists my car as a 1973 dodge CHARGER.......there is 2 compairable vehicles that are 1973 dodge charger with pictures of chargers. no where lists a dodge challenger.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: what a great xmas this should add to the pain and suffering!

This si actually good news. It shows they are idiots. Your lawyer will have a grin after reading this.

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2010 - 03:02:20 AM »
so heres what im driving till something happens ..

nice! what year model truck is it?

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2010 - 03:04:23 AM »
its a 83 dodge ramcharger
73 challenger rally 340

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2010 - 05:48:26 AM »
Are you sure-I thought it was a Ramchallenger!  :smilielol:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Skunkworks Challenger

• Mopars forever!
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2010 - 11:09:33 AM »
I like the RamCharger but would prefer the crew cab  truck.  Yes, I still have the rotisserie and have not advertised it other than on this site.  On garage size, I say bigger is better.  Good luck on the Challenger.  PK
The Brewmaster

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2010 - 11:17:20 AM »
i would be driving my 66 crewcab but it needs door weatherstriping and i want to strip the jams down to bare metal and primer them first. i have some paint bubbling around the jams. it was painted in 2000 but a poor job. and they never put the weatherstriping back in just the foam stips that you would seal a canopy to your truck bed. so it doesent seal and water runs right in.
andrew
73 challenger rally 340

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2010 - 12:08:25 PM »
Sorry this happened to you. What you are hearing from others is right, the insurance company will be all sugar to you right now trying to get you to settle cheap.

If you have not done it, get a physical like was suggested. Get x-rays and an MRI. You need to know NOW what damage is there so they cannot jerk you around later, and believe me, unless  you settle in the near future they will use everything at their disposal to make you out to be a money hungry, sue happy person. Get a good lawyer ASAP and stop talking to the insurance company directly. If they can cut out the lawyer then they reduce the amount they will have to pay considerably.

After a truck ran over me on my motorcycle in '98 it took months for symptoms and problems from 3 bulging discs and a compression fracture to show up. You might feel good now but protect yourself and if possible put an open ended medical claim clause into your settlement so if you have future problems they will have to pay medical on it even after your settlement. Good luck, I hope they make everything right.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*