Author Topic: hit by a semi today  (Read 18281 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: hit by a semi today
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2011 - 11:46:33 PM »
Great job on the auto portion of the claim. Do not sign a medical waiver for AT LEAST a year. My problems did not start showing up for 6 months. Congrats, hope you get your car back on the road quick.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2011 - 05:03:48 AM »
Great news, they knew that they didn't have a leg to stand on, it is a lesson to us all not to take any ##@% from the insurance companies, I take delight in making them pay the full amount.   :money:
Dave

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011 - 10:44:43 AM »
Claim Settled!!!!! :money: :money:
$20,000 on its way here and i keep the car! :woohoo:
thanks for all the support.
i had to call the trucking company and tell them that a good friend works at our local new station and  wants to do a storie about companys pushing their drivers to hard and they wanted to interview me! about a hour later i got a call from the insurance offering the money i requested. which to me is a reasonable amount.
thanks
again
andrew
Ps need to build another shop to fix this car.

Damn!! thats awesome!
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2011 - 09:10:19 PM »
have fun with your new years present!!! :2thumbs:
MOPARTECH.NET ( come over and visit some time )
RESTO PICTURES
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=71096.30

Offline sadil340

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2011 - 06:33:22 AM »
Great news and a lesson for everyone about not getting pushed around. Good job!  :clapping:
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2011 - 07:28:38 AM »
its a good thing and a bad thing. ive been telling my wife i would get her a motorcycle for a long time now. ive been through 2 since i told her i would get her one, so im off to monroe today to buy her a new kawasaki vulcan 500 ltd. Ive had my eye on a new kawasaki contours 14 a 1400cc sport touring bike and found one out the door for 11,000 so looks like im buying it. now dont worry still have money to fix and paint the car and buy a gear vendors unit. im holding off on the shop till next year for the wright off.
andrew
73 challenger rally 340

Offline sprecks

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2011 - 07:40:26 AM »
its a good thing and a bad thing. ive been telling my wife i would get her a motorcycle for a long time now. ive been through 2 since i told her i would get her one, so im off to monroe today to buy her a new kawasaki vulcan 500 ltd. Ive had my eye on a new kawasaki contours 14 a 1400cc sport touring bike and found one out the door for 11,000 so looks like im buying it. now dont worry still have money to fix and paint the car and buy a gear vendors unit. im holding off on the shop till next year for the wright off.
andrew
I'm really happy you got a settlement that you are happy with. Now I'm going to make a prediction. This car will never get fixed. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd bet I'm not.  :2cents:
you can call me Jay
I've seen sicker dogs get well.

1971 Challenger Vert - 472 Hemi EFI
1969 Road Runner 440/Auto
2017 Ram Laramie 1500 - Hemi

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2011 - 07:46:08 AM »
the car is not near as bad as i was putting it out to be. i wasnt sure if the insurance was watching. my trunk floor is perfect. $300 to rent the frame rack for a day and most of it will be stright. and then primer and the trim peices and tail light buckets and the dodge emblems and its better than the accident. im thinking i like the white better than the deep silver poly  and challenger gary is working on making a 71 r/t stripe with 340 instead of r/t, we will see how it turns out.
andrew
73 challenger rally 340

Offline 71chmark

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2011 - 10:30:26 AM »
the car is not near as bad as i was putting it out to be. i wasnt sure if the insurance was watching. andrew

Tsk Tsk Methinks a little self reflection is in order here
I may be schizophrenic,
but at least I have each other

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2011 - 12:57:05 PM »
Tsk Tsk Methinks a little self reflection is in order here

:dunno: Are you simpithizing with the Insurance company here?? They have every right to inspect a car before they pay out so I don't see the problem.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 71chmark

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2011 - 05:03:45 PM »
:dunno: Are you simpithizing with the Insurance company here?? They have every right to inspect a car before they pay out so I don't see the problem.

Um. Nevermind.
I may be schizophrenic,
but at least I have each other

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2011 - 09:11:26 PM »
Um. Nevermind.

karma bites everybody,,we all pay insurance ,,for a reason,,yea it sucks but pays when you need it,, :wavingflag:,,
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline VTMopar

• '70 Challenger Convertible, '74 Challenger Rallye,
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2011 - 09:47:51 PM »
A few years back I saw a survery where over 1/3rd of the respondents thought it was perfectly fine to "overstate" the value of a claim against an insurance company.      :clueless:

VT Mopar
VT MOPAR

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2011 - 10:07:34 PM »
Just proves the point why body shops would rather do Ins. jobs than resto's.
The money is great and the parts and work aren't prolonged with a one time payout.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2011 - 04:27:00 AM »
As an ex panel shop manager I can assure you that the insurance companies screw everybody, customer and panel shops. The only good thing now days at least here in Australia is that the insurance will pay the panel shop within 48 hrs of the job being finished and there is regular work coming all the time.   :money:  Private jobs are usually a hassle as the customer wants a top shelf job done but only prepared to pay bargain basement prices so those jobs are fitted in around regular work to help keep the price down for them. There are dedicated panel shops for classics but you have to be careful to find the right one.   :bigsmile:
Dave