hit by a semi today

Author Topic: hit by a semi today  (Read 18285 times)

Offline one54dodgetruck

Re: hit by a semi today
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010 - 11:29:38 PM »
thanks for all the suport. i think they should atleast rebuild my car and paint it to my specs. it wasent my fault their driver was cheating his log book, over his legal hrs, and fell asleep. and they should provide me a compairable rental car (mine was the highest output for the model so im thinking srt8 challenger) till my car is compleated. i would love my car to look like burdar's here is a pic of his.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010 - 02:34:03 AM by one54dodgetruck »
73 challenger rally 340

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010 - 11:35:22 PM »
i can stare at his car for hours
73 challenger rally 340

Offline challengermaniac

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2010 - 12:12:26 AM »
I too was recently rearended and I suggest you do as I did and go get a complete physical.  That way you can be on record especially if your neck, back, head, etc start to ach in the near future which commonly occurs with this type of wreck (notice that I didn't call it an "accident").  If you do have a physical issue as related to the wreck they will be responsible for your medical fees along with your "pain & suffering".  As far as the car is concerned, they are responsible for repairing it to pre-crash condition or paying you the book value for the car at which time they will likely offer to sell the car back to you for a predetermined amount that most likely would be to your benefit to accept if you are handy with body work.  If not, you will be in the market for a new ride.     
Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA

Offline 360FISH

• BS23H3B567746
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010 - 01:09:04 AM »
Ouch!  painful to see.  I hope they do the right thing and pay for the damage.
Also hope you're feeling okay in the next couple days...  you don't feel rear enders for a day or so... 
1973 ‘Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to ’72 offset

Build: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=74674.0

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2010 - 01:38:50 AM »
As far as the car is concerned, they are responsible for repairing it to pre-crash condition or paying you the book value for the car at which time they will likely offer to sell the car back to you for a predetermined amount that most likely would be to your benefit to accept if you are handy with body work.  If not, you will be in the market for a new ride.     

I was thinking that. The body looks to be in Primer, so I don't believe they would repair it beyond that stage.

There's a chance that that will greatly affect the price they'd pay out.

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2010 - 01:54:43 AM »
I was thinking that. The body looks to be in Primer, so I don't believe they would repair it beyond that stage.

There's a chance that that will greatly affect the price they'd pay out.

thats what im thinking to but im going to try to get all i can get. might not get the job now because of the wreck now my origional number matching car is no longer origional the rest of the car is pretty much ready for paint so im going to try to see what i can get.
andrew
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010 - 02:35:40 AM by one54dodgetruck »
73 challenger rally 340

Offline one54dodgetruck

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010 - 02:06:42 AM »
I too was recently rearended and I suggest you do as I did and go get a complete physical.  That way you can be on record especially if your neck, back, head, etc start to ach in the near future which commonly occurs with this type of wreck (notice that I didn't call it an "accident").  If you do have a physical issue as related to the wreck they will be responsible for your medical fees along with your "pain & suffering".  As far as the car is concerned, they are responsible for repairing it to pre-crash condition or paying you the book value for the car at which time they will likely offer to sell the car back to you for a predetermined amount that most likely would be to your benefit to accept if you are handy with body work.  If not, you will be in the market for a new ride.   
was it your challenger that got hit? if so how much were the damages?
andrew
73 challenger rally 340

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010 - 02:09:33 AM »
thanks for all the suport. i think they should atleast rebuild my car and paint it to my specs. it wasent my fault their driver was cheating his log book, over his legal hrs, and fell asleep. and they should provide me a compairable rental car (mine was the highest output for the model so im thinking srt8 challenger) till my car is compleated. i would love my car to look like burdar's here is a pic of his. mabe this will bring back the flashbacks from iraq

If the guy broke the law on his books or whatever, then he will be fined by a court, and pay court fines not you.   What year is your car?  JS or JH    340?    Either way, no paint, no new interior and what not, be prepaired to get book value of a used car in that condition.  They only have to make it like it was, nothing better than it was, or book value.  Your dealing with insurance companies, not trial by jury court.  Sorry about yer dissabillity, but the little guy gets screwed everytime.  You know the drill :2thumbs:

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010 - 01:29:14 PM »
that just sucks hope you get what you want out of it

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010 - 08:10:30 PM »
Glad you are OK, that's all that matters.  The car is secondary, but best of luck getting it back in shape.  :2thumbs:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2010 - 09:29:04 PM »
Glad your ok. Good luck with everything.

Offline challengermaniac

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2010 - 02:53:49 AM »
was it your challenger that got hit? if so how much were the damages?
andrew

Fortunately the TA was tucked away while I was in a rental car for work.
Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2010 - 03:49:01 AM »
I too, am sorry to hear of your accident.  That really sucks.  Check under your car for any new leaks whether it is trans fluid, rearend lube, or brake fluid.  Taking a hit like that can rupture things that you're not aware of immediately.

Of course, make sure that you're OK also.  I was rear ended many years ago and banged my right knee on the lower part of the dash.  Twenty five years later my knee still flares up with pain.  Don't sign off on anything medically until you know you have no pain or latent injuries.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2010 - 10:30:21 AM »
That sux Andrew!! I hope that you come out on top!! :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2010 - 02:43:34 PM »
Wow i'm glad your okay and i hope your car can be repaired. Thats one of my worst fears  :scared: 
Dennis,Ohio