Author Topic: Opinions?  (Read 3481 times)

Offline hot440roddin

Opinions?
« on: December 24, 2010 - 01:56:03 PM »
Saw these, kinda question them a lil, lookin for some opinions on them... Will be street use and am looking for the 1.6 ratio...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-383-400-440-Stainless-1-6-Roller-Rockers-Shafts-/330388798938?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cecb4fdda

Offline Roppa440

Re: Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010 - 04:22:07 PM »
Look OK to me. Not as strong looking as the RAS versions but you don't need bullet proof for the street and they have to be better than the stamped steel originals.
Dave
1970 Challenger R/T
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010 - 07:56:59 PM »
I have been using the PRW ones , they look a bit stronger for the same $$

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline hot440roddin

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010 - 11:31:23 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PRW-Stud-Mount-Stainless-Roller-Rockers-Mopar-383-440-/330505532218?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf3aa333a
If these are the ones you're talking about, they are a lil more money, looks to be about a $70 difference, guess it's not that much lol. I've already got studs in the heads from a rocker set that I got that ended up being messed up (all that's been taken care of), I just got to find me a set of roller rockers that are in a 1.6 ratio....

Offline femtnmax

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010 - 12:19:57 PM »
Neil, do the intake rockers have the pushrod offset??  I can't tell by the photos.  thanks.
Don't the OEM small block and big block intake rockers all have the pushrod offset?
Phil

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010 - 02:05:37 PM »
The PRW use the stock offset so they will work with heads like the Bulldog & Stealth & are available in 1.5 ,1.6 or 1.7 ratio 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010 - 10:44:47 PM »
 :iagree: 
MOPARTECH.NET ( come over and visit some time )
RESTO PICTURES
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=71096.30

Offline hot440roddin

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010 - 06:09:42 PM »
I can't recall what my spring pressures will be, but I'm sure these will be good enough since I'm running a hyd flat tappet cam with single spring set up plus damper spring... I'd like to find a nice used set that isn't messed up that's a roller design and a 1.6 ratio... I've got on ahead and spec'd everything using the 1.6 ratio instead of the 1.5 ratio... Plus, I already have the converter...

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010 - 06:18:07 PM »
I dont see anything in those link what kind of open pressures they are good for!  :2cents:

I was just going to comment on that. and also how thick the shaft tubes are

Offline hot440roddin

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010 - 07:00:24 PM »
Well then what if I threw this into the works?
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/hurain.html

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010 - 09:54:46 PM »
ok , im sold ! the indy rockers from them are good too..
RESTO PICTURES

Offline hot440roddin

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010 - 10:24:26 PM »
ok , im sold ! the indy rockers from them are good too..

The rocker arms that I have sitting out side are the Indy 1.6 ratio aluminum roller rockers. I like them except for the fact that 13 out of 16 are messed up and can't be used... I still have both shafts, stud kit, and spacers though... The stud kit I'm gonna reuse, but all else I'd rather replace than be sorry down the road... Now with this being said, the guy I got them from didn't know they were messed up, he went to T&D rocker arm set up because he added a bit spring pressure... When they first came in, they looked nice, when messing around under a Flouresent tube light, the cracks jumped out big time, the majority of them were actually cracked by the roller that rides the valve, but a couple were cracked at the adjuster (most common area). The guy who I got them from didn't realize it, was gonna make it right by sending me the other set he had until he got to looking at his others one, and found them to be in the same condition, he'd never seen them crack at the roller tip like they did.... Either way, he made right and have nothing but good things to say about him, and I would hold no reserve against dealing with him and hope to again later on.

Either way, it don't help my current situation lol. I got to have the set of rocker arms that I'm gonna run so I can figure out what length pushrod I need, also the Indy's are ball/cup design, but not all roller rocker arms are the ball/cup design (obviously) so.... And no, I want run the factory pushrods that were in it...

This is why I got to figure out what to run, but it will have to be a 1.6 ratio, and I do prefer the roller rocker arm design... Don't know why the r.r. design, but I do ::) :smokin:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010 - 08:59:09 AM by hot440roddin »

Offline hot440roddin

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010 - 08:54:43 AM »
I'm confused here! You need to figure out what pushrod length needs to be but comment you want to use the
Pushrods that are in it?

I do not want to reuse the factory push rods, guess I need to go back through my post and make sure I didn't do a mistype again lol.

The heads are a set of worked Stealths (done by Modern Cylinder heads). The cam is a VooDoo 60303. The total valve lift is under .550 on both exh and int sides. If I had a set of pushrods that were a ball/cup style laying around I could probably use it, turn it by hand, and make sure of the chamber clearances.... But only thing I have laying around are the ball/ball style push rods.... Most of the roller rocker set ups that I've seen are ball/cup style so...

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010 - 10:15:34 PM »
soo dont use the indy rocker arms ?  i would call indy and ask what load spring could be used with them or tell them what is happening . you have 2 sets to prove it . as i heard they dont have good customer service . call mancini and ask let them know what is happening .
RESTO PICTURES

Offline hot440roddin

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010 - 06:44:37 PM »
soo dont use the indy rocker arms ?  i would call indy and ask what load spring could be used with them or tell them what is happening . you have 2 sets to prove it . as i heard they dont have good customer service . call mancini and ask let them know what is happening .

They Indy Rocker arms are nice, I don't suggest using them with solid roller cams where there is a lot of spring pressures.... If you're gonna be doing like me and running a hyd flat tappet cam, or anything with low spring pressures, then I'd say by any and all means... The guy I got these from had to go to T&D rocker arms b/c of the added spring pressures that he went to, he didn't know that this set had gotten messed up, had he known, he woulda tossed them and not sold em... This was the first time that he'd ever seen these cracked a the roller, I'll see if I can get some pics showing the cracks and post them for reference...

Here's a clickable thumb nail, the green arrow is pointing to the crack, several have this crack in this spot, some have a crack in a different spot but still at the roller tip, the others have the crack at the adjuster... But only two or three are cracked a the adjuster alone.... Some have cracks at the adjuster and at the roller tip... Either way,13 out of 16 are messed up so...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010 - 07:17:03 PM by hot440roddin »