Author Topic: Tag Review  (Read 4635 times)

Offline 71383bee

Re: Tag Review
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010 - 05:17:35 PM »
The body and vin numbers match.  So the fender tag I guess doesnt matter right?   I made the post about people converting their cars over to something else isn't illegal, just makes it harder and harder to find what is actually what a car really is.  Once you get past all the red flags, you can actually make a decision about to purchase or not.  i hope people have given up trying to buy a car as an investment for resale or retirement.  Many a snake out there now adays.

Point noted.  Not sure on the body #'s though.  Only the VIn and fender tag as available in the pics.  Since I am considering a trade with my for real WM23N1E FC7 Super Bee I want to know that what I am getting is legit.  To be honest the seats and different dash & mirrors don't bother me that much.  The car still looks fairly solid from the photos, BUT  I do want to know if I am trully getting a real R/T.  That fact does matter to me. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010 - 06:23:19 PM by 71383bee »
71 - 383 FC7 Super Bee

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010 - 08:41:05 PM »
the vin tag looks real so it probably is an r/t,,but u need to inspect it before trading away your ride,,as noted earlier the rear bumper isnt straight and you need to see if it was just thrown together or if it just not lined up as well as the rest of the car,,also check the other areas like the radiator support to see if the numbers stamped there match the vin as well as the other places that have some of the vin numbers stamped on them,,i dont know were there all at but there are a few areas
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010 - 10:45:35 PM »
The other body number to look for on this car would be on top of the cowl.

Then, you need to do what you can to make sure those numbers were not re-stamped or welded in from another car.

Offline 71383bee

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010 - 12:23:12 AM »
Thanks for the tips guys.  At this point I think that this is not quite the car i want in trade anyways.  I really want a 340 4 speed car or a nice RT/SE.  I appreciate the tips though.  I am new to ebody's.  It seems that they are most often cloned or faked and i wanna make sure i get what I am putting into it.   

BTW Barry i was reading the faked tags post on moparts and i want to let you know that I am totally on your side of the camp and appreciate what you do for the hobby.   :thumbsup:
71 - 383 FC7 Super Bee

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010 - 01:39:05 AM »
Thanks.

I have learned from it some & some of it is just plain funny. Entertaining for sure.  :cheers: