barn find: WIW '70 Cuda 318 auto ** updated 03/28/2005 **

Author Topic: barn find: WIW '70 Cuda 318 auto ** updated 03/28/2005 **  (Read 5808 times)

Offline PocketThunder

Re: WIW '73 Cuda 318 auto
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2004 - 10:16:34 PM »

Hey, I too am in Wisconsin....Where abouts is it, if you don't mind disclosing the location?  I found a few nice cars this past trip through Madison from my home in the Northeast.  I am already planning on stopping by two different barns off 151 to talk with the owners about their gems they have sitting out....One is a smaller farm with three MoPars sitting together (only noticed the yellow A-body at first, but now I can confirm there's two B-bodies sitting by that same car) and there's a Challenger in some used car dealership only about six more miles up the road.  I can't wait!!!!! :grinno: :tongue: :thumbs:  I'll be equipped with my photos of my '73 Challenger and have my camera phone with to snap a few shots of them.  Maybe I could score a good deal on that A-body....It'd be cool to build a wild car out of it. :guitar: :cool:
Where do you go to college at?  Plateville?  I went to Stout.  The car is near my Gramma's house, does that help?  J/K  its in western wisconsin. 
'70 Barracuda.  '69 Charger 500.  '68 Charger XP.

Offline PocketThunder

Re: barn find: WIW '70 Cuda 318 auto ** updated w pics Sun 11.28.04 **
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2004 - 10:23:07 PM »
The car is obviously too far gone to bring back (its only a 318 car) but it still has lots of good parts on it.

Heater Box: $700 to $1200 (last one on E-Bay sold for over $2000 but was in mint shape

Rubber Bumper: $500 to $800

Glass: Couple of bucks depending on if its scratched or not

Plastic Dash Bezel Pieces: $20 to $45 again depending on condition

8 3/4 Housing: $100 to $200

any other little knick knack pieces. there are plenty of items specific only to 70's that are on that car absolutely worth trying to bring home and part out. Even if ya drag it out of there and to a local junk yard and take off what you want and can sell or keep and crush the rest. Id like to know if it still has the original gas cap on it and it also looks like a 2 tag car?? any other info on it??

I think the gas cap would be orignal...  :dontknow:

I forgot to take a picture of the tags  :spank:

It belonged to a distant relative.  I heard from one of my Dads buddies this weekend a little story on the car.  The owner had a problem with a Fram oil filter plugging up and not letting the oil thru.  The filter ended up wrecking the original block so they had to replace it.  They sent in the filter to Fram and Fram ended up paying for the new engine. 
The car was in an accident, hit in the front end.  Then it was towed to this farm and sat there ever since.  Some little old lady owns the property, my Dad is gonna give her a call this week to see if i can go get it.   :drool:

I have two Chargers that need restos so this will probably get parted out to pay for Charger parts.......

Plum6Pak

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2004 - 06:24:09 AM »
 :grinyes: Hey PT, some of those parts when cleaned up will bring some real good money. Do you have eBay experience? If not, get some tips before putting those parts for auction, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting top dollar out of your items. I love those pictures, you need to send them to the cars in barns website. Good Luck!!  :thumbs:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2004 - 10:53:12 AM »
Pocket, you guessed right the first time.  I'm at U.W.-Platteville sweating it out my first semester in college.  Only three more years and I'll be doing something I really want to be doing the rest of my life!!!  It's just getting through college that takes so long... :nopity:  Keep us informed with the 'Cuda. :thumbs:
As for a suggestion for eBay, be sure to take a little time to clean up the plastic with Armor All or something similar (the stuff in the green bottle) and for any chrome items, Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish is the best.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004 - 11:01:24 AM by Street_Challenged73 »
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline PocketThunder

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2004 - 12:54:00 PM »
Pocket, you guessed right the first time.  I'm at U.W.-Platteville sweating it out my first semester in college.  Only three more years and I'll be doing something I really want to be doing the rest of my life!!!  It's just getting through college that takes so long... :nopity:  Keep us informed with the 'Cuda. :thumbs:
As for a suggestion for eBay, be sure to take a little time to clean up the plastic with Armor All or something similar (the stuff in the green bottle) and for any chrome items, Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish is the best.

I'd rather be in college than working, it was much more fun.  Whats the guy girl ratio there these days?  i think its like 7 to 1!!!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2004 - 07:15:48 PM »
Well, we actually made a Platteville record this year with the overall enrollment of girls.  It was something like 53% women and 47% men.  Then there's always Madison just 65 miles away for the real fun. :fire: :drool:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2004 - 04:44:12 PM »
Those door handles look pretty good.  Seriously, restoring that car would be a lot of work but for someone with an unlimited supply of money it may be a nice challenge.  Very sad that the car will be parted out, but at least it will help someone completer their dream.  Best of luck with the car and thanks for sharing the pics with us!

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2004 - 10:19:35 PM »
yup looks like a parts car to me also.....or turn it into a drag car...thats what the 73 i was looking at looks like except worse..it has no int. peices and the passenger side quarter was cut out of it and its been sitting on the ground for over 17 years..
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Plum6Pak

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2004 - 06:08:10 AM »
:dontknow:
It's already a drag car DF, the only thing you can do with it is drag it around!

Offline PocketThunder

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2004 - 10:22:48 AM »
Well the car is frozen into the ground by now.  We're gonna leave it untill the spring.  Its not going anywhere.  Too many other project going on right now anyways.  (finishing my new garage, having a baby, trying to get a Charger ready for next summer.. um having a baby)  so i'm pretty busy. 
Yes its probably gonna be a parts car.  I dont have that much cash to dump into it.

Plum6Pak

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2004 - 06:04:19 PM »
 :thumbs:
Best of luck with your babies, hope all turns out well.

Offline PocketThunder

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2005 - 03:48:28 PM »
Update:  guess what guys and gals?  i'm gonna get this car afterall.  My Dad was able to get a hold of the lady that owns the car and she said to make her an offer and come get it outta here! 

It should be dry enough to go get it in about a month so i'll get pictures of it up on the lift for everyone whos curious. 

Now i get to be a real member and actually have cuda, instead of being just a B body guy from D-C.com. 

PT

PS anyone got two good fenders and a grill?   :newsad:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: barn find: WIW '70 Cuda 318 auto ** updated 03/28/2005 **
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005 - 03:51:29 PM »
Great news and congratulations!!  Look forward to the pics.  How can you wait for another month??? I'd go crazy.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005 - 03:58:07 PM »
Congrats!!!!!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: barn find: WIW '70 Cuda 318 auto ** updated 03/28/2005 **
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2005 - 03:58:17 PM »
WOW thats great news!!  WOOOO HOOOO  :grinyes:   :grinyes:   Yep get some pics up as soon as you get ahold of it!   I got a couple fiberglass fenders you could get pretty reasonable!!