70 Hemi vert 4spd ????

Author Topic: 70 Hemi vert 4spd ????  (Read 1222 times)

Offline burnt orange

70 Hemi vert 4spd ????
« on: January 07, 2011 - 01:38:28 AM »
dodge69r on forebodiesonly.com just posted this!!!!
Another jewel coming out of hiding???

http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2906

"Hi everyone I know this sounds strange but I may have come across a 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible 4 speed car at least that is what the person is telling me.Other than checking the serial number and the fender tag how do I verify that it is for real and not a fake.I am a "B" body and "A" body kind of guy and this "E" body stuff is all new to me.The car is suppose to be in excellent shape except for the wiring which the mice have gotten to.Any advice as to what to look for would be nice and any advice as to what the car is worth would help me a lot.Thanks in advance for your help,dodge69r."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011 - 11:37:43 AM by burnt orange »
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Re: 70 Hemi vert 4spd ????
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011 - 02:54:29 AM »
This is great news!  I hope it is an unaccounted for car!  That would be great news!  I hope that the guy on FABO gets the car!

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Belgium Cuda

• Living in Belgium but beeing Swedish
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011 - 04:01:40 AM »
As much as I hope for you that this is an forgotten car with a owner that doesn't know the value but,  if this
car was for real, shouldn't the owner then propably sell it at one of the more famous auctions or contact the
collectors with big wallets? This is a car worth everything from 250K to ??? so that's why I'm a little bit skeptical.

Per
1970 Challenger Convertible - to become a Hemi tribute
1968 Charger R/T 500 cui stroker

Offline cudaized

• Ola's `cuda page
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011 - 09:33:08 PM »
dodge69r on forebodiesonly.com just posted this!!!!
Another jewel coming out of hiding???

Although it would be fantastic if that post was truly another 1970 hemicuda convertible, I highly doubt that it is a real one.

Some of you know me. Those that do not, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ola Nilsson. I live in South Florida. I have been running the 1970-71 E-Body Convertible Registry since 1997, and have been collecting information on the E-Body convertibles since 1984. I have seen most of the hemi convertibles personally and have met current or previous owners through these many years. I am familiar with the cars.

These are the known cars that have actual history:
USA
5 Four Speed
9 Auto
CANADA
1 Four Speed
1 Auto
1 Unknown Transmission
EXPORT
1 Auto

18 Total cars that are known, with V.I.N.s

I have copies, scans, and pictures of most of the V.I.N.s, Data Plates, and Broadcast sheets for them.
I have followed three other possibilities through many, many years. As much as I hope that this car turns out to be real, I highly doubt it.

If that car on the other web site was the missing CANADA spec car, that would be amazing. That car was crashed and crushed many years ago. But then again, it is only a story that people tell.....We all know how that could turn out. :drunk:

There is one Y05 auto car that is not fully accounted for. There are also partial stories of one or two Built for Export cars. I do follow up on all the leads that I get.
Maybe there will be one found that is not known? I sure hope so!
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior
www.cudaized.com

1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry
www.ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011 - 08:41:13 PM »
 :bananasmi   April fools day in January when this thread was started........  :dupe:

No pic. No vin code. :poopoke: something smells.
 dodge69r quote "other than checking the serial number   :clueless: 
and fender tag how do i verify this is real not a fake."   not on  :ebay:  :dunno:
Turn it over and check for a belly button........... :bricks1:

Gran Coupe Convertible

////////////  CUDA AAR
AARuFAST
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"