Author Topic: RT Specialties?? Still in business .... No Answer......  (Read 10829 times)

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
Re: RT Specialties?? Still in business .... No Answer......
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011 - 04:41:15 PM »
for just the door.? Not sure i will have to look them up.
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline chaps70rt

• 70 Challenger R/T Hardtop in Progress (Canada)
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011 - 04:38:40 PM »
Hi Dave ... yes ..... for the doors and for the top of the quarters where the side quarter window is.   I understand that it is a combination of 3 types of clips???    My originals have a slip on style square shaped piece with a threaded hole  that accepts a bolt from underneath for the very front section.

Separate request ..... do you have the mounting hardware for the 70 Challenger headlight bezels?   U-clips and screws?

Also ... I sent you an email to inform that I am ready to order the shaker parts.   Please send me a response and I will get the money over to you.   Before something more pressing gets the dough ..... ha ha.

Hope to hear from you shortly.

Cheers .... Gary

chapsdw@rogers.com

White 1970 Challenger R/T
440 - 4BBL - Shaker
Daily Driver - 2014 Dodge RAM 1500
Stouffville, Ontario Canada

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011 - 07:34:44 PM »
pm sent
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline RT Dude

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011 - 09:30:40 PM »
 >:( Now I know why I havent had an answer to my emails.
It seems unusual a company would advertise in magazines and then be impossible to contact.
Brent

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011 - 08:42:28 AM »
I've said this elsewhere here, but I think this is a hobby for him, and he doesn't expect to make lots of money from it. Just my guess, but I've never had him contact me, out of four attempts.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline William H Meister

• And so it begins...
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011 - 01:17:29 PM »
I placed an order on line and after a couple of weeks of calling was able to speak to them and give my payment info. The order shipped fairly quickly. When an item had to be returned for exchange I sent it back and have not had any response yet.  Bill

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011 - 11:39:01 PM »
AW CRAP!  I wish i had read this before i placed an order. Now i dont know if i will get it or not. All i ordered was a couple little spring washers to keep my trunk hinges on. They cost $1 a peice and over $9 to ship. I would have thought a postage stamp would get them here. I think i will try and cancel my order.   :pullinghair:

Offline Slotts

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011 - 03:28:33 AM »
No worries on those spring washers. Most hardware store have them.

I would question the hobby idea. That two page full color ad in MCG every month costs some serious coin.  :2cents:

Slotts

Offline chaps70rt

• 70 Challenger R/T Hardtop in Progress (Canada)
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011 - 07:56:20 AM »
For the Record .... although Tom didn't respond to my emails, I did place an order and receive it within a few weeks.   I think that the above comment is correct .... this parts business is not a high prioity and it may be more of a hobby business.   The only one that can answer is the owner himself ........

All parts received from R/T Specialties have been excellent.   Some that I could not find anywhere else .... and I have needed a bunch.

CHAPS
White 1970 Challenger R/T
440 - 4BBL - Shaker
Daily Driver - 2014 Dodge RAM 1500
Stouffville, Ontario Canada

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011 - 09:19:44 AM »
AW CRAP!  I wish i had read this before i placed an order. Now i dont know if i will get it or not.

FWIW, I've never heard of him not delivering something he's sold. He just doesn't seem to care if he actually sells anything or not.

I would question the hobby idea. That two page full color ad in MCG every month costs some serious coin.  :2cents:
Slotts

You might be right, but I can't call it a business if he doesn't concern himself with actually making sales. I suppose he might fall under the category of vanity business: "I really like the idea of doing this. I just don't like the reality of doing this."

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011 - 11:51:08 PM »
Well i got to wipe the  crap off my face   :-[   I owe someone an apology. all that worry for nothing. I got my stuff from RT/specialties today.  I went searching earlier today to several hardware stores to find the spring washers. nobody had them. When i got home, my ordered ones were there.  The shipping was even less than quoted by half.    :bigsmile:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011 - 10:30:00 AM »
Maybe Tom realized a long time ago that some people want to talk about Mopars for hours then never place an order or order 2 little $1 clips.   Placing the order online seems to get shipped quickly.

I'm always working on my cars. I have a couple of friends that call and say " I was just calling to see what you were doing".  I say, " working on my car and if yo were working on yours, your 12 year project will get done".

Sorry to vent but life is too short.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011 - 04:09:39 PM »
Maybe Tom realized a long time ago that some people want to talk about Mopars for hours then never place an order or order 2 little $1 clips.   Placing the order online seems to get shipped quickly.

I'm always working on my cars. I have a couple of friends that call and say " I was just calling to see what you were doing".  I say, " working on my car and if yo were working on yours, your 12 year project will get done".

AMEN

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011 - 12:48:51 AM »

Each of my four attempts to buy from him were online, and each time his website ordering system said "Wait to hear from me." Twice I called him anyway; no answer, left messages, no response. Frankly, my 30 year project would have been finished a lot time ago if there weren't people like Tom between me and the parts and services I want.

Sorry to vent, but life is too short to deal with "Toms"  :ylsuper:

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline acudanut

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011 - 10:30:49 AM »
Talk for hours ? That would be his fault too...I would just ask, if I were him...: "Now what do you want to get today, I have other callers holding"