Author Topic: 1970 challenger r/t all original barn find 65K original miles. Go Mango  (Read 20947 times)

Offline femtnmax

Re: 1970 challenger r/t all original barn find 65K original miles. Go Mango
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011 - 04:10:41 PM »
Looks like you have a great find.  Old cars that have sat awhile I always replace the fuel pump and water pump, and as you mentioned some new tires might not hurt.  Best of luck, let us know how it turns out. :2thumbs:
Phil

Offline babyelephant

• Ol' Kozmic Blues again Mama
    • WPC Club of Norway
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011 - 04:30:07 PM »
That's a cool find, congrats! I agree with you that all original paperwork from the seventies are nice stuff  :thumbsup:

imop a barn  find in that condition is not to be restored . you should keep it the way it is and send it through a auction so a collector can keep it the way it came from the factory.
 changing anything on that car devalues it . how may people actually have that much paperwork on a car in that condition (think about it). i would buy a car that i could modify .

Car was recently bought via eBay auction so I guess any collector possible interested would've picked her up by now.  :dunno:
JH23J0B
88 BMW 635 CSiA
87 Trans Am GTA
x RH23G8E

Offline 68427vette

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011 - 08:53:14 AM »
here is the info i have from the current owner:

"sorry that one is sold have another complete one # match 1970 R/T all tags, buildsheet etc.. in mango orange for $22,500 65K original miles needs rear lower 1/4 work not that bad at all, and more original than most ive seen in and out.in storage since 78 got running and wiped down getting ready to fix 1/4's so you can pick up for a great price before its done and going up for sale @ 40,000 - Kris"

and:

"I flew out to see the car before buying it, and if you think $16,700 is too high for it as original as it is with the documentation it has and the shape its in i think you might wanna stick to the c3 vettes  ... I got an offer of 20 already and havent even started cleaning it. I will be doing a resto and putting it back up after for 40K I have a speed shop and redo muscle cars on the side and this is one of the nicer ones ive run into. Original 383 trans rear, interior, stickers, etc... quite a find. Good luck in your search if i come across any cheap ones needing complete restos like the blue one i just got rid of youll see it on here.  Kris@All Out Auto"

ebay sale price was $16,700.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310276653322&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

cool car, good luck with the restoration and flip. keep it original for your best return on investment.

yes, i thought you paid too much, i just bought a B5, 383 R/t #s matching 4 speed car, partial restored black bucket, black top, Ft, BS(2) original title, for $5500, partial restored(motor , k member,rear, done)
several 383 cars havent topped $30K, lately. they may be upto 40K when you get fininshed, like ai said, cool car, and if the seller, and buyer are happy, it was a good deal.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011 - 09:03:27 AM by 68427vette »

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011 - 08:28:30 PM »
Words can't describe how awful it would be to take this away from original.  :walkaway:

Please sell it as is to someone who appreciates it in its current state or original configuration.  :sadwavey:

{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline PaxtonPwr

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2011 - 10:52:08 PM »
For the right amount I would gladly sell it as is, but by feb. it will be stripped and started on resto. If I flip it before or trade it for another then so be it, but because of all the documentation and papertrail history and originality I will probally wind up owning it and driving it for a bit before moving on to something else. Like I told the guy who emailed me about it above, I have a speed shop so I come across all kinds of cars bone stock original to original collectibles modded to hell and am a pretty good judge on their value on the market for a given time. Anything changed in resto (side stripe, rims/tires) will not have any effect on value because all the original parts (every last thing) is being kept with the car for me or whoever owns it and can be put right back. I think when its done (hopefully by spring summer at latest) Ill put it up for 40 and drive it have fun with it until I get an offer somewhere close enough, otherwise ill keep it until the market comes around and just keep picking up more :) . I was being honest about the price and what I would sell it for now, I expect around double that amount of profit on it when its finished. -  Once again since you were inquiring about the #match blue b5 one I had for sale before selling after owning for 3 years(30% profit on that one) - I am glad to see you found the project you were looking for, please start a thread and show us what you got with some pics too! I think everyone on here has their own passion for the Ebodies. 

Offline 1970bumblebee

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011 - 03:59:48 PM »
All I can say is WOW!!! That is an awsome find!!!! Where did you find it?
Mopar to ya!
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T JS23N0B
1971 Dodge Demon 500ci Big block

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011 - 05:17:55 PM »
thats a real find,,wish I had the money for it,,good luck with it
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline 68427vette

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2011 - 12:34:33 PM »
any UP DATES?  would love to see tear down!!!   i just bought a u code...

Offline PaxtonPwr

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011 - 08:05:10 PM »
update, dropped off at paint/body guy yesterday. Hes making his list and we going to go over it this weekend and get cracking I will post some pics as it begins haha :)

Offline fireeng

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2011 - 07:32:08 PM »
Dupont has a system to repaint the plastic pieces.  I have heard of good results as long as everything gets prepped properly.  I have also heard that the replacement plastic available for challengers is crap, so I wouldn't go that route.

Good Luck with that sweet ride!
2009 Ram 2500 Quad Diesel<-----Tow vehicle
2004 Chevy Mason Dump<----work truck
2004 GMC Envoy<------------wife's ride
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee<-----driver
1973 Dodge Challenger<------parts car
1971 Dodge Challenger<------project
My other car is a Fire Truck

Offline PaxtonPwr

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011 - 06:09:03 PM »
fireeng- any more details on what the dupont system is called or where you saw it?

Offline fireeng

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011 - 10:03:05 PM »
One source I know of is Performance Car Graphics in Florida.  They can sell you the products and even give through instructions on what type of finish and shade each different interior part should have.  The guys there are very knowledgeable.

They also do an awesome job on dash board restorations.

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/
2009 Ram 2500 Quad Diesel<-----Tow vehicle
2004 Chevy Mason Dump<----work truck
2004 GMC Envoy<------------wife's ride
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee<-----driver
1973 Dodge Challenger<------parts car
1971 Dodge Challenger<------project
My other car is a Fire Truck

Offline PaxtonPwr

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011 - 09:22:15 PM »
Have some update pics, was little bit of rust front and rear lower quarters starting so in sticking with the quality of the find, replaced quarters, fenderwells, trunk, and extensions. Will be staying original colors in/out. replacing the working original cap/rotor/wires/filters etc.. but replacing to drive more and not deteriorate any further. Should be prepped and painted within the month ill post up more, including some of the finds from within the seats/body  :)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011 - 09:30:56 PM by PaxtonPwr »

Offline PaxtonPwr

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011 - 09:36:10 PM »

Offline Charles

• :: Challenger ::
  • :: Challenger ::
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011 - 11:28:25 AM »
Pretty sweet looking car, good job finding the build sheet as well! I really like that color on the outside, not a fan of the burnt orange interior though XD (I'm probably switching mine out for black).

Luggage rack. Epic.
1970 Challenger SE - in the shop for metal work.
1970 'Cuda AAR - driving till the Chally gets back.