Author Topic: 73 'Mist Green' Plymouth / 'Pale Green' Dodge: Anyone have a picture?  (Read 9157 times)

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
Another factory color question:  My 73 Barracuda is a fairly rare 'Mist Green' car from the factory.  This one year only color was sold as 'Pale Green' on Dodges including Challengers.  I've tried to find a good picture of this color searching the web but have found a few different pictures none of which look very green to be honest.  My car has been repainted once and although the current paint is pretty faded now, I don't know if it was ever the original color which I can see in spots in the engine bay. 

Does anyone here have a good picture of either a Dodge or a Plymouth in this color?  My strong preference would be to paint the Barracuda back to the original color but I'd like to be sure what that color really is before I decide.  The rest of the options are white vinyl top, white sport stripe & white interior.  It also came with the white door guards plastic strips down the sides of the car which I will NOT be putting back on.  Ugly is ugly and that strip just looks ugly to me.

Any help identifying this color would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Jim
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011 - 05:07:16 PM by Road_Runner »
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
Re: 73 'Mist Green' Plymouth / 'Pale Green' Dodge: Anyone have a picture?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011 - 08:53:12 PM »
Taken from Dodge Challenger Colour Website - which I'm sure was put up by a member here.

JF1 Pale Green

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011 - 08:55:34 PM by _Russ_ »

Offline kissalien

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011 - 10:07:42 AM »
Yes, I put that page up. Here's a shot of a cuda.

Offline kissalien

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011 - 10:08:51 AM »
Rear view

Offline acudanut

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011 - 10:22:59 AM »
 That color does not float my boat.

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011 - 01:01:44 PM »
Its a color ya don't see offten at least i never have anyways. With a black vinal top and black stripe of some sort would sure look nicer than the white. Not my choice in color but could make it work with a few changes  :thumbsup:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011 - 01:54:25 PM »
I have never seen an Ebody in that color!  :wow:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011 - 04:06:56 PM »
Please forgive me but......... :puke:

Offline Road_Runner

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011 - 08:08:48 PM »
Taken from Dodge Challenger Colour Website - which I'm sure was put up by a member here.

JF1 Pale Green

THANK YOU!! That is exactly the color I see below the current paint.

Thanks again, Jim

Offline Road_Runner

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011 - 08:12:46 PM »
Yes, I put that page up. Here's a shot of a cuda.

UNREAL!! I always wanted to know what my car would look like repainted to the original color and THIS IS IT!!  This is exactly my car other than mines a Barracuda, same hood, stripes, top & interior all white, just no exhaust cut-outs in the back.  This site is so awesome.

Thanks again, Jim

Offline Road_Runner

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011 - 08:20:56 PM »
Thanks again to Russ & Kissalien for the terrific pics showing exactly the color of my car I've been unable to find anywhere else.  Its interesting to see peoples response to this color.  I don't know what Wally426's Wow means exactly, but everyone else seems not to like it so much.

So here's my question to all of you.  If you had an extremely original 73 Barracuda in exactly the color combination of the Cuda shown above, what would you do: Paint it a different color or embrace the unusual color combo, put it back to original even if it isn't the most 'attractive' color available that year or other years??

I appreciate your opinions on this, but even if 90% say another color I might still go back with original.  I'd just like to know other folks opinions especially from those who like me lean towards keeping these old cars looking mostly stock when possible.

Thanks in advance, Jim

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011 - 09:16:39 PM »
It's definitely a unique colour. Your car isn't some super-rare numbers matching two hundred-thousand dollar vehicle, so there's no benefit keeping it 100% original. It really does come down to what you can bare to look at. If you have a particular colour you've always been fond of, go for it!

Having said that, I don't think it's as bad as others do. Especially after looking at the 'Cuda kissalian posted. The white stripe & white vinyl roof break it up rather nicely - add the all-white interior you say it has - I think that would look pretty bloody nice actually. It'd definitely stand-out amongst the sea of Sublime/Go Mango/Plum Crazy's that are becoming all too common.

Offline 74ralley

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011 - 09:43:52 PM »
 :iagree:  I have only seen one Barracuda in this color Im thinking in the early to mid 80's sometime, it was around my area for awhile then disappeared. never saw another one. I think the white interior would look good with this color also.
The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday.

Pennsylvania

Offline Road_Runner

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011 - 10:56:36 PM »
Thanks guys, sounds like its going to be a love(like) it or hate it thing based on responses so far.  When I first bought it a year ago my plan was to go triple black, but the more I looked at it the more used to the color I got.  Now it looks right to me although the reapaint thats on it is a little more green, less grey perhaps than stock.  I think the shiny bright white stripes, top & interior would be what pops about this color combo, too.  My concern is that I know me, the more I change from original the more I'm going to want to keep changing things which is OK if that's what I ultimately want for it.  That includes swapping in a 340, a pistol grip 4 speed, etc.

Later, Jim

Offline acudanut

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011 - 09:51:35 AM »
"It's definitely a unique colour. Your car isn't some super-rare numbers matching two hundred-thousand dollar vehicle, so there's no benefit keeping it 100% original. It really does come down to what you can bare to look at. If you have a particular colour you've always been fond of, go for it!"
I agree. :cheers: