To fill you all in on my "not yet" cuda...

Author Topic: To fill you all in on my "not yet" cuda...  (Read 2619 times)

beamtallica

To fill you all in on my "not yet" cuda...
« on: November 29, 2004 - 05:52:13 PM »
As you all know I don't have a cuda.But want one badly. I've been talk'n with a guy hemi hunter knows. He's got a 71 barracuda 318. The guy is hard to get a hold of, but really nice and I think he's willing to work with me. I know never to get my hopes up, even thoe a 71 cuda is my DREAM CAR  :drool:   :worship: . Im not going to hold my breath. But in the work of things im seting up a "cuda" saveings. A few dollers from each weekly pay check. I hopeing it would'nt take long to save, but one of my jobs just cut ALL my hours  :cry:  :mad: and my other job is cuting back my hours as well  :bs:  So all I can do now is wait and look at pics of the cuda, which is'nt helping. But what can ya do. Fell free to make donations to my "cuda fund". My gole is $4000 big ones. Which is'nt really that much. I just get a little impatient.

:nopity: ya ya i know...

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
Re: To fill you all in on my "not yet" cuda...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004 - 07:13:52 PM »
I'll be happy to fax you a check for 2000.00 hope it will help :spank:
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

beamtallica

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004 - 07:30:50 PM »
 :tongue:

chargin

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004 - 08:16:29 PM »
beam,
   i know exactly how you feel! my dream car is a 71 cuda also, but i haven't been able to convince myself to sell my truck because being a 15 year old male, i couldn't afford insurance..... still considering selling though. Hope u can get that '71.

God Bless,
            Chargin

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004 - 08:20:42 PM »
Keep us updated on the 71!
 :stomp:

chargin

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004 - 08:22:44 PM »
heres a pic of my truck

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004 - 08:57:12 PM »
By the words of emotion in your post, I have no doubt that there will be a day that the sun shines down through the clouds on you.We all wish you the best in your endeavors.  :patriot:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004 - 10:02:55 PM »
I wish i could help you out beam...but being 17 owning 4 cars and restoring 2 its draining my money i feel your pain Beam...you'll get your car...Chargin...I feel your pain also....I'm thinking about selling my truck and getting an Ebod and restoring it.........but funding for resto is way into the future and insurance is antoher...for me alone.....insurance cost 200 more than it should....Dad and i have the same exact car ..92 shadows....his is 125 and mines like 325...what the heck??
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

beamtallica

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004 - 10:37:11 PM »
Yha. I could sell my truck also. But then I would have nothing to driver.Well.. then i'd have the cuda.. but would you drive a 71 cuda in the snow? It's good to see some fellow yung guns here. Sounds like you guys know what thes cars really are. I had my first car at 16(a 70 barracuda 340) it was ruff, but i loved it. Im now turning 23 next month  :guitar: I know i'll get that cuda. And restore it with the help of cuda-challenger.com. Theres some smart people on this board, and i trust them.  :patriot:  :burnout:  :beer:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004 - 11:56:16 PM »
Beam, best of luck to you with the '71.  I know what it's like being on a tight budget, especially since I've started a full-blown restoration on my '73 Chally plus I'm going to college and plan on trying to pay my parents back asap for my tuition charges.  It's definitely tough man!  Someone will throw you a curve ball so you can get a '71...Trust me. :thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004 - 09:10:35 AM »
 ;)  beam,  it will work out.   larry is in no hurry to sell anything ;D ;D
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

beamtallica

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004 - 09:39:42 PM »
I picked up on that by talking to him.He said if i dont buy it, it's NOTfor sale.Do you think he would take a deposit? That would be grate if he did. Give me some time to sort stuff out.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004 - 04:10:33 PM »
so beam, tell us a little bit about the 71 you are talking about.  What does it need?  Have you seen it?  Don't worry, you will have your Cuda someday.  I waited 10 years for mine.  I didn't think I would ever get her, but if it is your dream, it will happen!!!!!!!

beamtallica

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004 - 05:33:05 PM »
Well first I have to say i love your pink cuda. I think its awsome to see a girl in to mopar  :guitar: Anyway. From what i've been told about the cuda, It mostly to all orig. It's a 100% complet car. But does have some rust.Nothing bad. It's a 71 Barracuda coupe 318 slap stick. B5 blue paint and int. If I get it, Wait... when I get it I will paint it black or red or green or yellow....  :dontknow: I do have a 440 that might become a 6 bbl or a stage5 hemi. But first i need to get the car. I know I WILL GET THIS CUDA  :burnout:  :dogpile:  I just dont know when  :dontknow: Heres some pics of my "soon to be cuda"  :guitar:  :guitar:  :dogpile:

Offline budrinker

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004 - 06:09:18 PM »
you must save that cuda

we should start a donation fund on paypal

i got 10 spare bucks and would be more than happy to chip it in