what oil pan is everyone running on a new 6.1 hemi with magnumforce front end.

Author Topic: what oil pan is everyone running on a new 6.1 hemi with magnumforce front end.  (Read 1266 times)

Offline RyanTurboTypeR

any pics. and charlies oil pan is back ordered and i want to put the motor in would i have room to clear the k member later if i install the motor without the oil pan? also what oil filter do you guys run on those motors with the tti mounts because now my oil filter doesnt have room .

Offline UKcuda

• Tell them I'm on my way

In the classic E-body section of the board I think the snag in the question is the word "everyone" which should probably be changed to "anyone".
'72 'cuda

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
I used a Charlies oil pan with a stock K member and TTI mounts and headers on my 5.7. With the stock K member you have to use the angled oil filter adapter that came on the Jeeps and some pickups. If you can't get one from the dealer Bouchillon's has them.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com

In the classic E-body section of the board I think the snag in the question is the word "everyone" which should probably be changed to "anyone".
Nope, Ryan's correct when he states "Everyone", as the new Hemi swap is becoming the "350 SBC in a street rod" swap nowadays...
1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline RyanTurboTypeR

i ment most common the oil pan that fits the mounts, the crossmemeber and dipstick.....you guys really that critical. its a damn forum.

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
Now relax, if you don't want to put up with a few unusual responses than there is always the self search button.  :bigsmile:  . I think you will find everyone here is just having a good time and more than willing to help each other out.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
 And by the way, it's not a damn forum.  It's the CC.C forum , about the best forum around.   :cheers:
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
And by the way, it's not a damn forum.  It's the CC.C forum , about the best forum around.   :cheers:
:iagree:
And unless you go with a remote oil filter heminut answered your question, except that the shield needs trimmed.

PS I am running the stock 2010 oil filter in the stock location on my motor.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011 - 03:57:21 PM by thedodgeboys »
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...