Author Topic: The rarest option  (Read 51109 times)

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
Re: The rarest option
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2012 - 02:53:48 PM »
I think I got the 6 way seat!

Offline 74challenger03

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2012 - 05:50:05 PM »
there was an option that never made it on the cuda. it was a spoiler like on the crossfire.wonder if someone  kept it,has anyone seen one in life?will put pic up this week,found it in a magazine.
What does it profit a man to gain the whole would and lose his soul.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2012 - 09:27:13 PM »
there was an option that never made it on the cuda. it was a spoiler like on the crossfire.wonder if someone  kept it,has anyone seen one in life?will put pic up this week,found it in a magazine.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline EB3-GranCoupe

• BP23 U0B
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2012 - 10:33:40 PM »
Do you still have  your 6-way seat set-up Topcat?

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2012 - 10:36:20 PM »
Do you still have  your 6-way seat set-up Topcat?

No, wish I did.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2012 - 11:11:56 PM »
My fender tags showing P6.

Hey Mike, i have seen your color combo on a 'Cuda before, but after looking at your fender tag, i see that your car really is a very rare car being a Gran Coupe with the P6 interior in gold Vinyl, pretty ironic that you asked what is the single rarest option when in fact you have one of the rarest options in your trim code buddy, your car would have been outstanding back to original Gran Coupe combo as your tag reads, and the Hemi would have been he icing on the cake along with the shaker hood.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2012 - 02:58:05 AM »
Hey Mike, this is what color your interior would have been and what style of trim pattern had you kept it a '71 Gran Coupe, first picture shows the gold interior for your car. I would bet that your complete combo had you restored your car would have been a one off color and trim combo car. Have a look at the attachments, P6 have a very different trim pattern stitched in to them, very rare option in deed. I have seen the P6B5 blue interior and there is some really wild detail in the vinyl that is used in the P6 Premium interior vinyl, it would have looked even better being a Gran Coupe with the rear of the car/tail panel colored in textured argent to set it off against the Greenish/Gold hue of the color GY9, your car would be classed as a triple Gold car with its combo :drool: But, you are too far along to change back now, and you have picked a fantastic color to paint it as a 'Cuda buddy :2thumbs: B2 Blue rocks :ylsuper:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2012 - 03:17:31 AM »
Hey Mike, this is what color your interior would have been and what style of trim pattern had you kept it a '71 Gran Coupe, first picture shows the gold interior for your car. I would bet that your complete combo had you restored your car would have been a one off color and trim combo car. Have a look at the attachments, P6 have a very different trim pattern stitched in to them, very rare option in deed. I have seen the P6B5 blue interior and there is some really wild detail in the vinyl that is used in the P6 Premium interior vinyl, it would have looked even better being a Gran Coupe with the rear of the car/tail panel colored in textured argent to set it off against the Greenish/Gold hue of the color GY9, your car would be classed as a triple Gold car with its combo :drool: But, you are too far along to change back now, and you have picked a fantastic color to paint it as a 'Cuda buddy :2thumbs: B2 Blue rocks :ylsuper:

Kenny,

You're killing me now. lol.
When I fisrt started doing the first resto on it, there was no idea back then my car had such rare options.
My car was kinda of the "ugly duckling" at H.S.  God I hated those Ben Hur spoked hub caps.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2012 - 06:48:19 AM »
Kenny,

You're killing me now. lol.
When I fisrt started doing the first resto on it, there was no idea back then my car had such rare options.
My car was kinda of the "ugly duckling" at H.S.  God I hated those Ben Hur spoked hub caps.
Yea i know :poopoke: , if only you had your time again. I was thinking i would have done as much research as possible first, and then, with your particular car being what it is on the fender tag, i would do it back to original, but i would put a 318 under the work bench and build the Hemi for it like you have and i would paint a flat hood and a Shaker hood, have everything extra you are doing, but put all the original standard issue parts away and fit all the cool 'Cuda parts you have and enjoy driving it that way. Hindsight, like you said........... :bigsmile: Then, sometime in the distant future, you could offer it up for sale being as rare a car as it really is, and would be able to do a simple panel, engine and wheel swap out back to fender tag specs, Extremely rare car, it is the color but more so that P6 trim code option makes it so special.

I have helped my Brother break down all the codes on his car when he first got it too, he had plans of building it as a 'Cuda clone and had a really cool color picked out when he first bought his '71 Gran Coupe, the more we looked around to find pictures and information, the more we realized we had to put his car back to original condition because of how rare his car is, His car is factory B2 Glacial Blue with a W3 Sno-white painted roof, and is coded P6B5, top of the line Gran Coupe Blue vinyl interior L code 2 barrel 383 auto car, i think by memory it is 1 of 161 Gran Coupes built with a 383 2 barrel for 1971, in fact if my memory serves me right, the 383 2 barrel Gran Coupes were only available in an automatic in that combo. So we are doing it back to its original fender tag combo, except he does not have the original 383 engine, but we are sourcing parts and putting the stock spares away for later on in its life, he is doing the same as you and fitting 'Cuda parts like the Shaker and gilled fenders and slipping his Hemi on it as well. But he is keeping the Gran Coupe tail panel paint out on his.

As you would already know, it is so hard to reference for a car when there are no other examples available to look at, just like finding good pictures of a '71 Barracuda in B2 is hard enough, it is nearly the same searching for pictures of your GY9 color also to compare against.......... We are all damned if we do and damned if we don't............. :dunno:

Your car will still always look way cool, it is just now that you have found out how really rare your car truly is buddy.
Any one else have a rare car and does not know how really rare it is  :dogpile:

Sorry Mike............................... :faint: :wave:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012 - 07:23:40 AM by hemiken »

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2012 - 09:26:34 AM »
hey Mike,  now that the body is straight, it`s not that much work to respray it into the original color....  :poopoke:
*** Bart ***

Offline RB2929

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2012 - 06:06:22 PM »
Regarding the Crossfire type wing for the Cuda, I saw this in the Mopar Muscle retro magazine, Feb 2012 edition.
Is this what youre referring to?

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2012 - 09:31:09 PM »
I have no clue but I'm sure one of you know . Is a Rim Blow steering wheel rear ?

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2012 - 09:48:27 PM »
The P5X9 interior on Gran Coupe's must be pretty rare also.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2012 - 10:36:12 PM »
Hey Mike, P5X9 is pretty common in fact buddy, i have seen numerous 'Cuda and Gran Coupes with houndstooth seats, no getting out of it Mike, P6 is the rare trim buddy. Maybe you should pick a color in the P6 trim to put in your car perhaps ? Most likely got a choice of two colors to go with the B2 color, Blue, Black.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012 - 11:00:11 PM by hemiken »

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2012 - 11:03:05 PM »
Hey Mike, i was thinking you could even go with the Gold as it looks more like a chamois color, it would look pretty rich against the B2 Blue in fact, maybe you should contact Legendary to get them to send you out a sample of the three gold pieces that make up the P6 Gran coupe Vinyl seats ? Send them an e-mail with a picture of the attachments i have posted and point out the gold and the material used and see what they come back with ? :dunno: Make sure you let us know also :2thumbs: