Author Topic: The rarest option  (Read 51100 times)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: The rarest option
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2012 - 11:35:32 PM »
Hey Mike, i was thinking you could even go with the Gold as it looks more like a chamois color, it would look pretty rich against the B2 Blue in fact, maybe you should contact Legendary to get them to send you out a sample of the three gold pieces that make up the P6 Gran coupe Vinyl seats ? Send them an e-mail with a picture of the attachments i have posted and point out the gold and the material used and see what they come back with ? :dunno: Make sure you let us know also :2thumbs:

What about the dash color and carpet? It's gotta match and there is no such thing as a beige dash.
A Blue Dash? Don't think that could work? With a Blue Carpet? Or what color?
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2012 - 11:46:40 PM »
There isn't a white dash either.  Could your colors have used black for the dash, console, kick panels, and carpet?
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2012 - 05:55:08 AM »
What about the dash color and carpet? It's gotta match and there is no such thing as a beige dash.
A Blue Dash? Don't think that could work? With a Blue Carpet? Or what color?
Hey Mike, any chance you have you broadcast sheet please ?
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2012 - 08:00:32 AM »
This is an example of a gold interior, wrong stitching in the seats to what you are supposed to have, but the interior is similar to what yours would have looked like in color, except yours would have been much more stunning with the P6 trim, the picture of the dash pad is a bit off as it does not show the correct hue, the dash pad should be more close in color to the dash vents.............. You should be able to get a carpet in either light gold or camel color to match also.

Mopar made lighter color plastic from 1971 to 74 and color dyed it to what ever color they needed, it is a creamy beige color and they colored it to a gold color and other colors like butterscotch and others to match interiors.

I do not have the factory color codes in front of me :clueless: can't find them right now, but there are formulas for interior paint colors available too, not hard to get the correct hue when you have to color everything inside the car anyway, you would start with white door panels and color them, same with other plastics (under dash, kick panels, seat backs, A-pillars, etc, etc), order new seat covers from Legendary in the correct patterns and color, when you got a sample, send that to the guys who do the dash pads and get them to color match to the sample that Legendary send you. :2thumbs: easy as that.

In fact, i would send Aaron Beck $10 for him to do a chop of your car in B2 Blue with the P6 gold interior to see if the colors work together, i am thinking they would be fine, but it is $10 well spent to save you thousand in the long run buddy, that is just my :2cents: Not only would you only be spending money once on interior if you go gold, it will be correct if you ever get the urge later to restore the outside to original......... :dunno: Your call.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012 - 08:22:42 AM by hemiken »

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2012 - 10:46:39 AM »
Hey Mike, any chance you have you broadcast sheet please ?

I'll have to dig it out and scan it. I'll do that soon.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline EB3-GranCoupe

• BP23 U0B
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2012 - 12:30:19 PM »
I'm gonna have to disagree with HemiKen on this one (Sorry Buddy!).  I don't think the Y3 would be a good color combo with the B2.  IMHO, i think you would be better off with either a white or black interior; blue if you really wanted (It's a lot of blue with out a vinyl top for contrast).  if cost was no concern, i'd do white leather PRXW, or the black check cloth P5X9. if cost is a concern, then i think the GC Black vinyl interior P6X9 would look really cool (especially if you kept the argent tail panel!)  just my  :2cents:

No matter what, it is going to be one killer car!!

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2012 - 10:03:22 PM »
I'm gonna have to disagree with HemiKen on this one (Sorry Buddy!).  I don't think the Y3 would be a good color combo with the B2.  IMHO, i think you would be better off with either a white or black interior; blue if you really wanted (It's a lot of blue with out a vinyl top for contrast).  if cost was no concern, i'd do white leather PRXW, or the black check cloth P5X9. if cost is a concern, then i think the GC Black vinyl interior P6X9 would look really cool (especially if you kept the argent tail panel!)  just my  :2cents:

No matter what, it is going to be one killer car!!
:bigsmile: it is all cool, i am unsure they would work together but on the other hand it is not a real gold to look at and i think it would work, but i would get Aaron to do a chop first and ask him to do the preferred color interior in three B2 cars to get a feel for how it would look. I think the P6B5 interior would still work as i think Mike is doing Billboards as well, that would break it up a lot from being too much Blue.

What are you thoughts Mike, what are you leaning towards ? If it was me i would get in touch with Legendary and order a sample of each color you are thinking of and even get the Gold out of curiosity, so you have it on record later on anyway. :wave:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2012 - 10:40:29 PM »
:bigsmile: it is all cool, i am unsure they would work together but on the other hand it is not a real gold to look at and i think it would work, but i would get Aaron to do a chop first and ask him to do the preferred color interior in three B2 cars to get a feel for how it would look. I think the P6B5 interior would still work as i think Mike is doing Billboards as well, that would break it up a lot from being too much Blue.

What are you thoughts Mike, what are you leaning towards ? If it was me i would get in touch with Legendary and order a sample of each color you are thinking of and even get the Gold out of curiosity, so you have it on record later on anyway. :wave:

I'll get the samples from Legendary and chop from Aaron.

Still a long ways till I can get to doing the interior.
Black would cost me the least to do since most of the car is set up for it now.
You're right, the gold is actually like a light sand color from what I recall.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2012 - 07:43:17 AM »
I used to own a 72 bmw with blue exterior and sand colored interior with black doorpanels and dash.  The blue was a bit darker than B5, but the combo looked absolutely sweet... 
*** Bart ***

Offline Scat Pack Fever

• Mopars Rule!!!!!!!! Always Have, Always Will
  • Chrysler did it best!
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2012 - 03:40:10 PM »
How about factory plum crazy purple on a 1972 challenger????

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2012 - 06:56:08 PM »
I had a real purple 73 Cuda, white top, white interior, white stripe 340 4 speed, radio delete car.  Needed restored, be a beautiful car done back to broadcast sheet.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2012 - 04:15:31 AM »
I'll get the samples from Legendary and chop from Aaron.

Still a long ways till I can get to doing the interior.
Black would cost me the least to do since most of the car is set up for it now.
You're right, the gold is actually like a light sand color from what I recall.
Sounds like a good plan, should get on to the Legendary samples straight away, i am anxious to see what the vinyl looks like when they send it :jumping: :2thumbs:
As for the Black you have in plastics, you can color dye it to what ever you want, just as the factory did, you may use a little more dye over black than what you would over a light color, but it does not matter, you will actually get better coverage over Black plastic, because you can see it better when you paint over it.
Check this picture out also, Aaron might want to use it as referance for his chop picture anyway, it is the exact color and style of seats that your car came with from new :picture: :bigsmile:
I am leaning more and more towards thinking that the Gold would look good and like you say, it does look a lot like a sand color. :2thumbs:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2012 - 04:16:17 AM »
I used to own a 72 bmw with blue exterior and sand colored interior with black doorpanels and dash.  The blue was a bit darker than B5, but the combo looked absolutely sweet...
Hey Bart :wave: , that sounds sweet, any chance you have a picture somewhere of it mate . :2thumbs:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2012 - 04:41:13 AM »
Hey Mike, This is the true color of your car and what the color of your roof would have been also mate :2thumbs: :drool: it looks sexy..........

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2012 - 05:52:55 AM »
Hey Mike, I had a look around my pictures and found this piece. It is an 8-track dash bezel trim in original 1971 Gold color, This is exactly what your dash color and dash pad would have looked like, pretty cool hey :2thumbs: