NZ: Coming to America!!

Author Topic: NZ: Coming to America!!  (Read 7454 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
NZ: Coming to America!!
« on: December 01, 2004 - 10:49:07 PM »

This is not 100% certain, but out of the blue a work mate of mine came up to me and asked, " You ever been to America?" No was my answer. "You want to?"  :grinyes: He is planning on going June 2005!! It isn't a 1 week hopelless holiday this is a full on 42 days, 6 week banger!! He has rented, or is going to rent a Dodge Ram for 42 days ($3,200) WHICH IS ONE HELL OF A BARGIN!! and we are going to LA first, then travel the South through to New York and come back the other way, sounds mad bill explanning it but there are some major cities and sights to see along the way. There will be no accomidation planed as it's a road trip and if the US is anything like the movies we will stay in some of those road side hotels.

Once again this is not certain but, sh!t!!! Am I keen, my Mum said that she has air points that will cover the flight return.

If I don't go with this guy he's going by himself as this is something he JUST has to do - He's on a mission from God (Blues Brothers)  :laughing: Anyhow he said he would be keen on doing the Carlisle "thing" so we'd stop over there for a few days and meet you lads, if I don't go this year I'm coming 2006 with my cousin, or alone. Pros for this trip are it's closer, why not? and I don't know 4C has been hounding me to come for some time now. Hmmmmmmmmm decisons.

I am going to have a good think about it this weekend but at this point in time  me realistically going = 70%

:patriot:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
Re: NZ: Coming to America!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004 - 11:10:41 PM »
NZ all I'm going to say is DO IT ! There won't be too many times in your life where you can take off for 42 days and leave the country. Just image when you end up with kids and a family you'll think back and I say I wish I would of done it.

Plus I'm sure a bunch of us will show you a good time. If you make it to Chicago I'm sure myself, LB and Onebadhemi would love to go out.  :dogpile:   I'm sure we could get you into some trouble here. :fire:  JK

Offline MAXcuda

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004 - 11:20:51 PM »
COOL!  If you're going to Florida be sure to check out the Don Garlits museum in Ocala.  Lots of cool Mopar stuff there including a wing car, a Charger 500 and one of Don Prudhomme's flopper 'Cudas.  And lots of HEMIs.  http://www.garlits.com/  That is if you're still needing a mopar fix after carlisle   :grinyes: 
Where are some other good Mopar sites of interest around the country?  That was the first one I could think of.

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004 - 11:26:27 PM »
You will have to drive by my house  on your way to new mexico

:thumbs:

Phoenix is close to LA (about 6 hours) and I live 1.5 miles from the freeway you will be on   (I-10)

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004 - 11:37:06 PM »
NZ, that sounds like an opportunity of a lifetime!!  It sure would be great to meet you and we could definately tell you the places to stop along the way.  So, why is it you're only sitting at 70% right now? 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004 - 11:54:19 PM »
Alright NZ, if you're traveling to all these other places, there's no reason to miss the opportunity to check out the mighty "frozen tundra" in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  May as well take a swing by me while you're there, too. :grinyes: :tongue:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004 - 12:12:54 AM »
NZ, the Golden Gate and Fishermans wharf and Monterey and Yosemite are here for you to see. I would be your host.But if that's too far out west, I'll hope to see you at Carlisle.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004 - 12:13:52 AM »
Now yall leave him alone. He will be traveling with the man in charge, besides Texas is way better than those other places, we have horses. lol Hope you have fun and I say go through Salt Lake City, that place is impressive. I went through there when getting the 71 cuda and did the temple square thingy and say the testiment. Its really neat.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004 - 12:33:58 AM »
Yeah but NZ you know that song about California girls! LOL! :laughing:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004 - 01:16:57 AM »

Thanks for the sights everyone!!

REV: 70% because I've now talked to my cousin asking him if he's would go, if not I'm going with my work mate. My cousins said he would, be I will see him in person tommorrow and get a definite answer, basically say, "Look, if your going you go, if your not say now because I don't wana get messed around and miss this trip because you fu#ked me around" something to those words to let him know what he says will be true, I trust him and I know when he gives his word it will be true.

If I don't go June 2005 it will probably be either 0ctober-November 2005 Or Feb-March 2006.

When I do eventually come over, I'll post a huge thread about where we are exactly going and what places we are visiting.

Some of the places I want to see are New York 9-11 site (David Letterman show)  ;D Chigago, Texas, Florida, Miami, LA will be the first stop so we'll spend a few nights there to get use to the accents  LMAO!! and the time difference and basically just to calm down.
Then we'll go Holloywood ways. When I give you lads the dates you'll have to help me out with who I see first, and where you guys live. I will have my cell phone with me so I can give you lads a call. Most of the people I'll see will only be for the day then we'll head off, don't want to be rude and stuuf, also for my cousin he'll probably feel uncomfortable etc but I will try to meet you all.

There's one thing bothering me, I want to go ASAP (as money will allow) but I can't wait until Calrisle 2006 and I think 2005 June is pushing it, so I was thinking later this year or EARLY 2006. But that means I miss the Carlise show where thats me best chance of meeting you guys all in one shot!! And we could probably stay at the hotels with you guys for a few nights.

I will definitely be coming 2005 or 2006 I hope it's sooner rather than later.  :drool:

I will talk to my cousin tommorrow over a few beers and really nail down whats possible, money situation and time off work.

Oh yeah, this basically means my Charger is up the creek!!  :laughing: Well, for the next 5 years anyway.  ;D

Cheers,
Carl

Offline challenger500

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004 - 02:37:06 AM »
COOOOOOOOOOL NZ!!!

try to avoid Albuquerque but DO NOT miss Santa Fe  :grinno:

IF you wanna see a real Wing car, my buddy in LA has original '70 Superbird and Bobby Allison Dodge Daytona wing cars in his garage  :thumbs:

I'd suggest you to raise the probability into 99%  :grinyes:

H
Dementia already from the year...mmmm ???

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004 - 02:45:58 AM »

99% LMAO!!!  :laughup:

Not to sound MoPar rude but this trip isn't about MoPars, although I will definitely have a lok at Big Daddys museum and a few of the local shows etc This trip is more about AMERICA, I want to rome the open roads of that big chunk of land and explore with no attached lines the vast fields and enjoy life as a young kiwi exploring the world - OE is what it's about, a once in a life time trip.  :thumbs: :patriot: 8)

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004 - 04:12:48 AM »
NZ,

Do not miss the chance to come visit.  It doesn't matter when, Carlisle would be worth it, but anytime is kewl.  I'm sure I'm not alone saying this,  since you're coming half way around the world to get here, I'll be happy to drive a few hours to meet up with you and some of the other members.  Definately don't try to make it a Mopar trip, see all you can, include Mopars when you can.  I've lived here over 50 yrs. and love to travel, still haven't seen 1/4 of what I want to in this country.  Avoid eating at fast food joints, ask the locals in small towns where to eat, grab a burger at a bowling alley,  stop at flea markets,  sleep at decent motels though  ;)  Take in the big sites too, but I always enjoyed the non-touristy stuff the most.  When possible, roam route 66 or route 40 for a ways and see some of the older roadside attractions that still exist.

When you get here, I'm sure a few of us can meet up at a time,  without whoever you travel with getting bored.

This is a once in a lifetime chance, hope it works out.  We'd love to see you in person.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Plum6Pak

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004 - 06:50:42 AM »
You will have to drive by my house  on your way to new mexico

:thumbs:

Phoenix is close to LA (about 6 hours) and I live 1.5 miles from the freeway you will be on   (I-10)

:bs:
It's easier to go up I-15 to I-80 then straight through the center of the country! Plus you will pass by my place that way. Sorry 360Cuda, Phoenix isn't on that path and it would be way too much out of the way!!.  :thumbs:   
NZ's gonna get a route guide from enyone who wants to see him!  :grinyes:

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004 - 07:20:19 AM »
 :'(

I just thought he would want to see dusty Phoenix :ack:

We do have lots of cool things to do around here..(I just can't think of any right now)