NZ: Coming to America!!

Author Topic: NZ: Coming to America!!  (Read 7443 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: NZ: Coming to America!!
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2004 - 09:20:47 PM »

No no beers taste different, there's the first sip taste, the drinking taste and the after taste. I only drink one beer here. DB Draught.
I'm a freak and have all the paraphernalia, licence plate, key chains, clocks, wallet, bar signs, poclket knifes etc

4C: I just ;like a good ol beer, no lemons etc just beer.  :laughing: :beer:

TC: Do they have DB Draught????? I doubt it.

Lion Red? Speights? Export Gold?  :wasted:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2004 - 10:10:26 AM »
I really only like one kind of beer....................cold! Can't stand that warm English sh*t, anyway, NZ if you drink all that has been aforementioned, you won't remember the good ole USA ::) :laughing:

BTW, how did you arrange a 42 day "lay off" from work, or are you quitting the job and looking for another when you return?
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2004 - 10:49:16 AM »
  NZ, i'd be honored to hoist a few tankards wi' yer cousin an' ye  :thumbs:  :guitar:  while 'Have a Drink On Me' is thumpin' in the background :grinyes:  :grinyes:   :beer:   However close ya's come to the central Alabama (red)neck of the woods i'll get there. If ya's come up I65 to monkeytown, I85 begins here and then it's a straight 200 - 225 mile cruise to the Atlanta area where Rev and some others are. And there's ALWAYS something going on in HotLanta :thumbs:  :thumbs: 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004 - 11:17:40 AM by twofornow »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2004 - 04:16:29 PM »
how did you arrange a 42 day "lay off" from work, or are you quitting the job and looking for another when you return?

Naaa, I'll still be working. My boss is a real good barstard and is basically pushing to the airport himself.
I work hard and fast and he knows that and wouldn't want to lose me plus he helps me out. Door swings both ways and I think he understands that an OE is alittle more important than 4-6 weeks of work. He had a son that died in a car crash about 3 or 4 years ago and he has told me more than once that I remind him of his son, so I guess he does treat me like his son. If he or any boss didn't ket me go I'd quite and find something when I return, that is all good when your young and don't have any responsibilties. If I was 30 and had kids and a wife quiting a job would be suicide.

:)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2004 - 04:27:35 PM »

No no beers taste different, there's the first sip taste, the drinking taste and the after taste. I only drink one beer here. DB Draught.
I'm a freak and have all the paraphernalia, licence plate, key chains, clocks, wallet, bar signs, poclket knifes etc NZ, I've seen it in the past. Gold can with a red type emblem around it? Betcha I can find it.
You  have to realize that San Francisco and Oakland are probably the biggest seaports on the west coast for the whole US. Of course there's Seattle and L.A. Therefore, I feel confident I can find it. I could ship it out to where you stay, But if you make it my way, I'll buy a case for us to kill. Right after I finish this, I'll go online with that store I mentioned and tell you. If need be, I'll call about. Should know within a couple of days who has it.

4C: I just ;like a good ol beer, no lemons etc just beer. :laughing: :beer:

TC: Do they have DB Draught????? I doubt it.

Lion Red? Speights? Export Gold? :wasted:

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2004 - 04:47:34 PM »
NZ, so far here is a list of what I've found with only two phone calls.

Lion Red

Speight

Gold Medal Ale

Steinlager (that's a no brainer!)

Fosters (ditto)

Export Gold

Quilmes

with a little more effort the list should grow
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2004 - 05:01:38 PM »

Whoa!! Are you involved with Mafia mate?  :laughing: :laughup:

What about DB Draught? If you can find that, man I will be in heaven!! I'd buy a ram truck bed full!!  :grinyes:

Thanks for the effort TC.  ;)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2004 - 05:42:16 PM »
Was my can description correct? I have a friend that has this killer import beer can and bottle collection. Of course they're empty, I helped. :wasted: I betcha anything he has an empty on the wall. I can't guarantee about the DB still available cuz the imports change from time to time. I will check some more sources this week. But I'm 90 percent positive I drank it once or more. (Too many beers ago) One thing is for sure, I have at least 200 different types to try here.There are tons of wheat beers here too. Hit search and go to Beverages and more then you can see what is out here before you show. They're a chain, so you should find them throughout Ca. If you can, send me a pic of their emblem so I can quickly identify it. It's been awhile, but I think I know already what it looks like. My latest one to try out is called "Drooling Moose Ale" ;D No BS!
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2004 - 06:44:16 PM »

LMAO!!!  :laughup: :laughing: iI'll try and find the label......

:worthless:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2004 - 07:26:19 PM »
I definitely recall it! However, it looks unlikely that it's still around. Not to give up hope though. A good store purchaser can lead me in the right direction. Wedneday, I'm going to the empty beer can dungeon of my friend to see if it's there. This will be a (challenge?) (no pun intended)  If the beer can has changed it's label in the last10 years that can throw me off as he has hundreds of cans and bottles since the 70's.I be tryin! :D
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2004 - 08:17:18 PM »

Thanks TC, nope it's still the same -Clysdale horses - Yellow/Gold, a tad of red and black.  ;D

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2004 - 01:52:58 AM »
If you make it to Arizona give me a ring, if I make it down there could you help me find a 265hemi Charger  :thumbs:    you could stop in every city and  :beer: with all the ccc members .
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2004 - 01:56:02 AM »

For sure I will call mate. I'm just really wanting to get the dates sussed then I can stress less and ejoy making the plans for this trip.

Before I go I'll post a thread on where where heading and who is close by, then I'll grab some phone numbers, some address and some smokes and come see ya!  :wasted: :beer: :driving: :wave: Can't wait to get the organising part under way!! Yehaaaaaaaaaaaw!!  8) :D

Offline challenger500

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2004 - 02:24:31 AM »
NZ.. now that you're half way for the trip  :guitar:.... why not to make it once extreme as well, take a flight from LA to London and Helsinki, finland... one of my colleaques, Your fellow countyman took a vacation few years back to Europe, met a finning lady and well, now he's here for good  :grinyes: :grinyes:
we've enormous list of reeeeeeally good beer from Check's and Belgium.. all those monastery beers  :grinyes: :grinyes:  :wasted:
Dementia already from the year...mmmm ???