Author Topic: GROUP BUY ANYONE???  (Read 10749 times)

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

Re: GROUP BUY ANYONE???
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011 - 01:53:39 PM »
i might be in for a dash pad depending on the price....i bought one of those plastic core ones about a year ago off flea-bay cause they were about 300 dollars cheaper....well you get what you pay for i guess....i have a 2 inch gap between the pad and my left side dash trim piece and they are adjusted as close together as possible
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline LAA66

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011 - 10:30:12 PM »
 I'll need a dash also. Gotta save my core though. :cheers:  :popcorn:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011 - 02:10:56 PM »
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011 - 06:19:56 PM »
Alright, Mr. Wizard,

What Cody is talking sounds great and I hope I make the list for the Assoc. level but let's start talking about this group buy again. It sounds like dash's would be popular. What do we need to do? Talk to a vendor.

Offline challengermaniac

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011 - 06:34:11 PM »
I could join in on the dash pad buy, but I want to have mine refinished and sent back to me and I want to do this at the end of the upcoming show season, so I won't be ready until say October. 
Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA

Offline the Wizard

• Business Manager
  • Imagination is more important than Knowledge - Albert Einstein
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011 - 06:50:23 PM »
Not being an expert on E-Body dash pads.....these would vary by year?  Is it a new part or are we refurbishing existing pads?  Is there a certain vendor we'd like to get these from? 

Offline beekppr

• Dodge Challenger Project
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2011 - 07:05:25 PM »
I might be interested in a dash pad for my 70 RT. I would be getting ahead of myself but if the price is right, i'd consider it.

I hear Legendary is good but I don't know if they do dashes and frankly I'm not sure they would go for it. I saw them at a show and stood around with cash in hand for 30 minutes but none of them could be bothered enough to talk to me.

Isn't Just Dashes considered the leader in this? I think they refurbish old ones but I have not checked into this yet.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2011 - 07:35:36 PM »
Not being an expert on E-Body dash pads.....these would vary by year?  Is it a new part or are we refurbishing existing pads?  Is there a certain vendor we'd like to get these from?

70 is different than 71-74.   A/C dash of course has the vents. Then speakers...either center speaker or 3 speaker dash. What gets me is they all seem to have issues as far as manufactures go? fit and finish?
Ultimate rides , just dashes seem to be the suppliers?
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2011 - 09:20:46 PM »
From what I remember, people were able to order any configuration they wanted on the group buy. I think AZ Nick was the one that put the group buy together on the one I remember.
The member just picked year, color, A/C or non A/C, # of speakers and sent in their core later for the refund. Ultimate Rides is the premier dash people. There is no need to have them refurbish your own dash. Just send in your old core when the new one arrives, unless you're that anal about maintaining the originality of your car but at that point, the skin isn't going to be original. How scrutinizing does one need to be?

Offline beekppr

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2011 - 09:24:56 PM »
How do they deal with the VIN tag issue?

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2011 - 09:29:01 PM »
I am sure you just remove your vin tag from your pad and install it on the new one before you send it in for the refund.

Or is that illegal or something? 

You can buy the roset rivets in many places. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline the Wizard

• Business Manager
  • Imagination is more important than Knowledge - Albert Einstein
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011 - 01:58:32 AM »
Well if we get all these details sorted out I'd be happy to try to make the deal.  I can talk to AZ Nick, and I have already been emailing with Just Dashes.  I wonder what a reasonable discount would be for 10 or so?

Offline beekppr

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2011 - 12:43:40 PM »
I think reasonable would be 20 percent. Every business in America has suffered a downturn in this economy and every business would gladly give a 10 percent discount to secure a sale. I get e-mail sale offers every single day. They do this regularly for individual buyers. At 20 percent, they still make a nice profit and since they are selling 10, they get 10 times the profit. If they balk at 20 percent times 10 immediate sales, they aren't very good business people.

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2011 - 01:33:34 PM »
...or they don't have that much room to give. :2cents:
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2011 - 03:52:34 PM »
...or they don't have that much room to give. :2cents:
  :iagree: Vendor margins aren't what one might think, but any discount would be cool for something mutually needed by our members.  :2cents:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0