Author Topic: IN-LIne tube sucks. avoid them...go elsewhere....  (Read 4274 times)

Offline bbscamp

IN-LIne tube sucks. avoid them...go elsewhere....
« on: March 02, 2011 - 05:50:06 PM »
Just a repeat of an earlier story, but it bears repeating.

I'm WAS a repeat in-line tube customer. I bought a 5/16 fuell line for a 73 dart sport, and the line rear "bend" did not fit over the factory frame rail. I bent it slightly, and the line broke. The line material was brittle as hell. I called and sent pictures of the line and frame rail to In-line tube.

Now; the line framerail "U" was 2" on the line inside to inside. TOO Narrow. The framerail is 2.5" wide.

They basically told me: Their line is CORRECT, no one has ever complained, and that "our" lines don't break. Sorry..."YOU" are out of luck.

I'm absolutely correct on this one. I told them are you willing to lose a customer for life over replacing a line OR a refund on the line. I told tme, just make the line with a 2.5" U bend. Again, they said no, there is something wrong with my car.....all the framerails are 2". Yeah right......

They said YES. I told them I'd be a cheerleader about my story. they said "go ahead"....we don't care.

Therefore: go ANYWHERE else but in-line tube. they screwed me over.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: IN-LIne tube sucks. avoid them...go elsewhere....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011 - 07:12:32 PM »
how thick is that under coating?

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011 - 07:50:58 PM »
how thick is that under coating?

:iagree:

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011 - 08:18:39 PM »
This is hwy I bend my own out of NAPA 5/16", or 3/8" Metal Brake/Fuel line...I even got the "Green" line that is coated for the kids plymouth..It's a PITA to bend, but at least I'm not out any money...In  bbscamp's defense, The undercoating from the pic on the right side doesn't appear to be but around 1/8" thick at most. No matter how mnay times I've seen that place that sells Stainless Steel lines that are prebent and actually fit, for whatever reason, we figure we can save a few bucks buying a competitor's line that is cheaper...Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011 - 08:22:54 PM by Cooter »
1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011 - 08:27:20 PM »
i had the same problem installing my brake line on my barracuda. I didnt break my tube (luck was in my corner that day i guess . yes the tube was almost uninstallable and yes a really huge headache.  :iagree: all i can do is side with you but that doesnt fix your problem. :aarg:
MOPARTECH.NET ( come over and visit some time )
RESTO PICTURES
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=71096.30

Offline don340-4

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011 - 11:44:02 PM »

bbscamp, thanks for the update on In-Line, I was just getting ready to order lines from them for my

Challenger , I guess I'll look elsewhere.

:wavingflag:   
Don
1970 Challenger R/T SE
1970 Challenger Western Sport Special
1969 Plymouth Road Runner
2012 Ram 1500 R/T

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011 - 02:08:17 AM »
  bbscamp, thanks for the update on In-Line, I was just getting ready to order lines from them for my

Challenger , I guess I'll look elsewhere.

:wavingflag:

I'll second that on In Line Tube. They sent me some crap. I had to fix some of their stuff and eventually got a bender and tube flare kit of my own and made them myself. I recommend just doing that. If nothing else, it's a new skill. Make sure you get a good brand of Flare kit, it is essential. I got the "good" NAPA kit.

Offline Grec

• The '73 Chrysler should have made...
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011 - 05:02:18 PM »
Just chiming in to say that I bought six-pack fuel/return lines from them for my challenger and they were perfect. Also have a complete new ebrake setup waiting to go on. Workmanship looks great on these as well.

That said, it's disappointing to hear that when confronted by an unsatisfied customer, they seem to have dropped the ball.
1973 Challenger Rallye
- 440 Six Pack
- A833 4 Speed, 18 Spline
- FE5 Rallye Red on Black

Offline femtnmax

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011 - 08:27:27 PM »
Sorry to hear of your problems with In-line tubing.
I have purchased 3/8 and 1/4 fuel lines from them, also a complete set of brake lines.  Had no problems with any of there products.  The fit was good.  OEM had some strange routing for the 3/8 fuel line and InLine tubing reproduced the bends to factory specs.  I was actually hoping they would improve on the OEM, but they stayed true to contour. 
I did some tweeking on the 3/8 fuel line...I could tell that much bending would break it, so I did not bend it too much at any one spot.
They were honest with me concerning brake proportioning valves...they told me theirs wasn't working correctly just yet, and to NOT buy it.  I thought that was being honest.

It's too bad they wouldn't help more, on the other hand it would be easy to splice in a U-shaped piece where the break occurred.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011 - 10:17:44 AM by femtnmax »
Phil

Offline LAA66

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011 - 10:56:11 PM »
 Their SS fuel and brake lines fit really nice on my Challenger. Possibly there is a problem with some of the other jigs (car model specs) they are using.  :dunno:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011 - 04:04:46 AM »
I have installed 3 ebody fuel line kits and had no issues> I sold crazypete a fuel line kit to.   It is bad they wont step up to the plate and help you out.  But I have had good luck with them.   I see you are posting this in other sites to :wave: 

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011 - 04:46:45 PM »
I had a very poor experience in person dealing with them when I was in Michigan
I would not recommend them based on my experience , there are numerous other sources

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline beekppr

• Dodge Challenger Project
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011 - 10:04:42 PM »
I used their lines before and they fit nice but it bothers me that they blew you off like that. I can't stand dealing with companies who don't care about their customers. I have had that experience with Year One and with Laysons. They have become too big to care and they act as though they are the only game in town.

I believe you and I tell you I will never buy from Inline Tube not because of their product but simply because they treated you that way. That's not right.

I'm pretty sure their competitors will be happy to accept my money.