I hate "hate" topics..............BUT !!

Author Topic: I hate "hate" topics..............BUT !!  (Read 1902 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
I hate "hate" topics..............BUT !!
« on: March 03, 2011 - 07:49:28 AM »
This has been going on for like two perhaps three years I guess. I'm referring to some damn Baptist Church somewhere out in Kansas, this jerkoff minister and his hoodies travel around the country to military funerals with placard signs to the refference that god hates America and he smiles at dead U.S. soldiers. Tell ya what, I'm glad I don't live near there or anything, because as far as I'm concerned the whole damn bunch of them need hacked and their damn idoitic church needs leveled. Torch it to the ground !    :villagers:

Now let the PC p!ss moaning begin
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline wiiildcat

Re: I hate "hate" topics..............BUT !!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011 - 08:03:22 AM »
 :iagree: that lowlife and his cronies make me sick. And they have kids out there spitting and cussing.

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011 - 08:13:57 AM »
 :iagree: with ya buddy. But...

In this case the court made the right ruling. The court ruled these fools can "hold anti-gay protests at military funerals to promote their view that God hates America for tolerating homosexuality."

This was not a case of is it right or wrong. It was a case of do they have free speech in this country? And the Supreme court said "Yes" they do have the right of free speech.

Now if you ask if I think its right what these fools are doing?   :eek4:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline Kapteenikosmos

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011 - 09:10:51 AM »

rrrright........

Nice address btw: Topeka, Kansas 66604
1967 six banger Mustang
1973 Challenger (under restoration)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (daily driver)

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011 - 09:16:01 AM »
Agreed with purple1 about the correctness of the verdict vis-a-vis the need for freedom of speech.

That having been said, I don't think the verdict blocks whoever would have to issue a permit for a protest from saying something like "You can protest, but not within 5 miles of the cemetery." That type of condition should protect the soldier's families and loved ones from having to deal with these idiots.

Should it turn out that this is not the case, there have already been civic-minded groups "peacefully patrolling" the areas where the Westboro group would like to disrupt a funeral, and I'm sure that, should the need arise, various tactics could be used to keep them within the bounds of decency.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011 - 09:26:40 AM »
At the funeral of one of our local fallen, friends surrounded the cemetary with bumper to bumper semi-trucks. They protested, but the family never saw it!  :2thumbs:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011 - 10:07:35 AM »
Wow! :'(   that's just wrong on countless levels! :banghead:  I attend and am a member of a Baptist Church and I can assure you this doesen't represent all "Baptist" Churches. I'm just mortified at hearing this. I suspect this is what happens when it's a "Pastor" run church and not run my the elders and deacons. It soon becomes "cult" like when that happens. I too hate and find it offencive the way homosexuality is being forced upon us but 2 wrongs don't make a right last time I checked?
FYI there are many different "types" of "Baptist" Churches unfortunatley. There are actually "Baptist" Churches that won't allow blacks either. Same as the word "Christian" has been abused in many circles.
That being said don't look to me as a perfect example either, :grinno:....because I'm not!
If I was at any funeral but especially a military funeral and saw that......well lets just say it would not be pretty!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline RB2929

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011 - 10:14:59 AM »
Agree with White Satin Mopar,  Living in Oklahoma, those idiots cross the border on a regular basis to protest not only military funerals, but, pretty much any funeral that their aware of.   What confuses me is that they can rationalize that it’s ok to protest funerals with posters that I consider rather disturbing, but, they don’t believe in dancing or having a beer.

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011 - 10:37:57 AM »
It's because of people like that, that I ended up joining the Patriot guard riders. Just a bunch of us guys that jump on our bikes wearing our leathers and go to veteran funerals/welcome homes/send offs. We try to keep the protestors away from such things doing this.
Cuda is gone :(

74 satellite, daily driver/project now

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011 - 11:33:56 AM »
For all the Baptists out there that are confused as to how members of their faith can have such a mental disorder, they aren't even Baptist. They call themselves Baptists just to be considered a religion and do this for "religious" purposes. Their congregation is only members of the Phelps family.
The Phelps family is basically a family of lawyers and they made a killing off of suing people for their right to protest. For everytime someone got fed up with their BS and did, imo the right thing, and beat the shi+ out of one of them, it was a payday for them.

It's a weird mix of get rich lawyerism and looney toon activism.The best thing for communities to do, such as mine did 3 months ago, is to file for a demonstration permit in the immediate vicinity and have a much larger and grander turnout. Also, it's fun to make signs that counter theirs, like http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-3o-best-anti-westboro-baptist-church-protest-s

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011 - 12:31:01 PM »
It's because of people like that, that I ended up joining the Patriot guard riders. Just a bunch of us guys that jump on our bikes wearing our leathers and go to veteran funerals/welcome homes/send offs. We try to keep the protestors away from such things doing this.

That's exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for that good work.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011 - 01:17:38 PM »
We do the same thing.  :2thumbs: We were the ones that organized the semi trucks to surround the cemetary so the protesters were isolated from the family of the fallen hero.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011 - 01:19:12 PM by Challenger III »
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011 - 03:39:43 PM »
Westboro Baptist Church is just a big scam.   Regardless if they really have a belief in what they are doing, they doing this BS to make money off the lawsuits.   One, they are tax exempt non-profit organization.
Two, Fred Phelps is a disbarred lawyer.
Three, there are several other lawyers that are part of this organization as well. Just read the other day that there are some retired Air Force generals trying to get them all disbarred for not maintaining a professional code of conduct required by their law license.
If you pay attention to their methods, they will show up and protest and if they don't get the attention, thus not seeing an opportunity to insight a lawsuit, they pack up and leave.   They also make a big deal about where they are going to be protesting to get the public riled up, encouraging the public outrage, and thus making more potential for a lawsuit.
Once they get them all disbarred, then they need to strip their tax exemption and non-profit status.   Then they will fade away.
If not... I can't write what I hope happens.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011 - 03:42:55 PM by HemiDog »

Offline WorkingOnItStill

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011 - 09:06:11 PM »
I am from Kansas and am a Vet. These fools are down here in Wichita all the time, in fact a disabled vet was recently charged with stalking them.
He did have firearms in the truck with him I cant really blame him for it.

http://www.kansas.com/2010/12/01/1612740/decorated-vet-arrested-at-city.html

These nutjobs give us Kansans a bad name something should be done but our lazy ass defunct government cant or wont do anything.

I have a idea lets send them into a combat zone and see how long it takes there "GOD" to save them!
Now back to the Challenger!
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011 - 12:02:59 AM »
What a bunch of jerkoffs  :villagers: Its idiots like that who give a bad name for good religious folks. God will kick their azz one day
Dennis,Ohio