Author Topic: Fix this site (Site OK - Fix me)  (Read 3706 times)

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
Re: Fix this site (Site OK - Fix me)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011 - 03:57:27 PM »
firefox is a better browser  :2thumbs:
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011 - 05:23:59 PM »
I've used this on several older computers & had nothing like that happen...my home pc runs on XP-Pro
I will say that they want to install some other programs such as Yahoo toolbar which I uncheck to prevent.

I use Firefox also along with an add-on Add-Block-Plus, most everything especially photobucket works better.

Then it was one of the side programs that had the scanner attached either way system restore fixed that  :poopoke:
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011 - 07:25:10 AM »
Having used this new format for a while now I have to say the older version was easier on the eyes, less color contrast, looked more professional, this newer version has too much "bling"   :2cents:
Dave

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011 - 11:02:08 AM »
I think the new look is fine . . . I like to check the site on the ipad and trying to hit the little links with my fat fingers is a trick sometimes.   :pullinghair:

Especially when I want to go to page 2 . . . just try to hit the 2 and not the 1 or the 3 is a game in itself.   

Offline Skunkworks Challenger

• Mopars forever!
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011 - 11:08:54 AM »
I went to Firefox as a browser and got spell check when posting on this site.  I did not have that with Internet Explorer.  PK
The Brewmaster

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011 - 11:55:43 AM »
Wow, you guys are great! I was lurking around this thread and decided to change to Firefox. What a difference!  :thumbsup: Thanks guys!
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011 - 08:30:13 AM »
Anyone else have this scrolling problem?

For those that don't understand what it is, when you scroll down the page, there is a lag. Rather than being crisp & smooth, the scroll is jerky, and when you move the side-bar up or down, it stutter steps it's way to the next viewing point. Takes about 5 times longer to get there.

Very annoying.

So far this is the only site it's happening to. I've been using Firefox for ages - and it was doing sporadically before the forum update, but know does it constantly.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011 - 08:35:13 AM »
Russ

Mine works fine.  You might want to run your scans to see if you have any problems.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011 - 08:55:24 AM »
The only issue I experience regularly having to do with scrolling in Firefox here is if there are a LOT of pictures to load.
It seems to take a while & if I try to scroll before they all load the bar jumps back up.   
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011 - 08:07:41 PM »
..and what do you know, this morning it is working perfectly! haha wow. what a different experience.

Didn't change anything so I have no idea what happened. I had read people having similar problems on other sites, and the consensus was that it's usually a browser add-on clashing with the browser, but as I said, I didn't change anything - so I dunno.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011 - 08:54:16 AM »
I started having all kinds of issues a few day ago using this site but no problems on others... I decided to run Advanced System Care as that has solved problems before, there was an update available so I installed that prior to running then came straight back here & things seem much better.  Here is a link to the free version, be sure to uncheck any boxes for added software or features, don't select Disk Defragment unless you have lots of time.
http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1d
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!