Author Topic: Fix this site (Site OK - Fix me)  (Read 3710 times)

Offline 71chmark

Fix this site (Site OK - Fix me)
« on: March 05, 2011 - 10:01:59 PM »
Need to fix this site.  It is slow and jerky.  Can't tell where one section ends and the next begins.  The colors are drab.  I understand the need to upgrade and even the need to make money to pay for it although, I hate those colored words that pop up adds.  But now it is a chore to even navigate.  I hope you are making a tidy sum up front because I don't see how this can last for the long term.  I'm starting to spend more time on other websites and I suspect others are also.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011 - 02:12:18 PM by 71chmark »
I may be schizophrenic,
but at least I have each other

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: Fix this site
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011 - 11:57:07 AM »
It does seem like less folks are on here lately.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline acudanut

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011 - 12:03:29 PM »
No problems here, except a pic of some black guy with a snake in his nose.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011 - 12:25:01 PM »
Hey !!  Come on  Snakes are YUMMY !!! 

:bigsmile:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011 - 09:03:43 PM »
Avatars & signature lines can be blocked in your account settings.

I was  :22yikes: the last time I checked in from another member's house.    :faint:  :smilielol:

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011 - 09:20:03 PM »
I haven't had any problems with slow or jerky. Would like a little more definition between subject, but I'm not complaining. I mean, it's not like we have to pay for it and  I'm quite happy with the site. Think it might be a little slower lately because of the time of year. Some of the guys are able to get outside a bit more already.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011 - 12:04:50 AM »
I think the new look is workin'!   The admin the working on the details but I think its great that the site is keeping up with the newest software available.   I would think this will help the site run smoother and hopefully have less problems.    :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011 - 12:21:21 PM by 4Cruizn »

Offline 71chmark

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011 - 06:47:54 AM »
OK.  So it's my computer that is causing it to hesitate as it scrolls (jerky).  My one at work is smooth.  Weird because the other sites I go to scroll smoothly.  This one is OK on my work computer.  I apologize but it still is irritating and it didn't do it before the "change".  Been spending more time over on moparts since it is easier on my eyes and works better for me.  Oh well.  Can't beat free any way you slice it.
I may be schizophrenic,

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011 - 08:34:44 AM »
I found this free version of software that has done very well fixing & keeping my 6+yr old computer running well
http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html       Try it you'll like it.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 71chmark

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011 - 09:56:24 AM »
This site is the only one causing me problems.  Everything else works fine and my computer is only about a year old.
I may be schizophrenic,

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011 - 01:00:01 PM »
I found this free version of software that has done very well fixing & keeping my 6+yr old computer running well
http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html       Try it you'll like it.

Just tried it look's like it works very well.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Is also a real good program, and 71chmark if you aren't using firefox you should  ;)
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline 71chmark

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011 - 02:11:22 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  Not sure what Firefox is but I have used the malwarebytes program before.  I checked my heavily secured computer at work and everything works fine.  Looks like the issues are mine and not the sites.  Must have been a coincidence that I started seeing problems around the same time as the upgrade.  My bad and I am so relieved as I love this site and visit it multiple times a day.  Time to cleanup (and look into firefox which I assume is a browser).
I may be schizophrenic,

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
Re: Fix this site (Site OK - Fix me)
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011 - 02:56:03 PM »
I take that back I don't recommend iobit after about 10 minutes of having it installed, I started getting a Virus scanner pop up (XP internet security 2011) which ask you if you want to purchase it to delete the crap off your comp. SO I don't recommend iobit.

Yes Firefox is a browser, I would say the best.
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011 - 03:03:09 PM »
I take that back I don't recommend iobit after about 10 minutes of having it installed, I started getting a Virus scanner pop up (XP internet security 2011) which ask you if you want to purchase it to delete the crap off your comp. SO I don't recommend iobit.

I've used this on several older computers & had nothing like that happen...my home pc runs on XP-Pro
I will say that they want to install some other programs such as Yahoo toolbar which I uncheck to prevent.

I use Firefox also along with an add-on Add-Block-Plus, most everything especially photobucket works better.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011 - 03:31:08 PM »
I'll agree with using Firefox. It's slightly different from Internet Explorer, but I never have problems with pop-up ads on any site.    :bananasmi 

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.