Author Topic: my 71 Charger has to go ... Offers ?  (Read 41204 times)

Offline RCCDrew

my 71 Charger has to go ... Offers ?
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2013 - 03:56:53 AM »
I like this car a lot. :(

Offline TinCuda

• 'Cuda
Re: my 71 Charger has to go ... Offers ?
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2013 - 03:06:32 AM »
I have been talking to a friend of mine about this car.  He might be interested.  Is this car still for sale?  Is there a ballpark figure that you might be asking?

(O O [             SRT ] O O)
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)
{||O||}

2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6
2008 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
2015 Chrysler 200c AWD 3.6L
2000 Yamaha V-Max
Doing my part to leave a big carbon footprint!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2012-09-05

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2013 - 08:46:47 PM »
Still around , asking 22K / 50k invested

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2013 - 09:23:01 PM »
Just an idea.... what about driving it to Carlisle and selling it there? I understand there are no guarantee's but?......
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2013 - 09:19:40 PM »
Not a bad idea  :2thumbs:

Offline Haddixj

« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2013 - 09:40:02 PM »
Why not just post the amount you will take? If you need to get rid of it what do you have to lose? Someone may be interested but not to insult you with what they can afford. I am not into these b bodies but it looks like a nice car

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2013 - 01:38:02 PM »
Why not just post the amount you will take? If you need to get rid of it what do you have to lose? Someone may be interested but not to insult you with what they can afford. I am not into these b bodies but it looks like a nice car

He did. If I read it correctly, he wants 22k. It doesn't say "or best offer". If you can't come awfully close to
the asking price then maybe you can't or shouldn't afford it. I think taking it to Carlisle is a great idea.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2013 - 01:47:49 PM »
 :iagree:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Haddixj

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2013 - 01:50:50 PM »
Like I said I don't like these cars but I have read this whole thread and it's been for sell for years now. So obviously there is a number he is willing to take for it. The previous page someone posted that they didnt want to insult him over the offer. I have been in the same boat with cars don't want to offer them something only to find out it sold for less then I was going to offer. That's the only reason I posted what I did. Just trying to help him out

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2013 - 02:16:28 PM »
Like I said I don't like these cars but I have read this whole thread and it's been for sell for years now. So obviously there is a number he is willing to take for it.

I'm not following your logic here. It sounds like you're saying "You still have it, so clearly you'll take less for it." I'd argue this the other way around. If he still has it, then no one has met his minimum.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Haddixj

« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2013 - 03:47:30 PM »
Sorry I have to type on my phone and it is brutally slow with all the smiley face things. My original post was referring to the previous page where he was asking for serious offers and the other member said the thing about not insulting him with an offer(which I have lost a car over thinking I would insult him). His last post said 22 he started at 26 a few years ago and has since lost a covered storage space for it. I did miss where he said 22 for it on that post. I'm not sure of the actual selling price but my gut says 18 cash will get the deal done and he would be happy and someone would get a great deal and prevent any loses from the car just sitting

Which is why I had also mentioned posting the best price that will make him happy to part with it. Again I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything and retreading my first post I can see it taken that way but it wasn't my intent. I just would like to see it make it to a good home
Jason

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2013 - 08:33:39 AM »
Well if I post that I will take 20 then someone will still low ball the deal
 Bottom line is I really would like to get 20 out of the car , you could not build it for that , I need a new vehicle for my company & I am out of storage for ti so ...

There are a few things that boggle the mind ,
 1- I guess no one is a Petty fan , these cars ruled Nascar for 6 years
2- these cars share a lot of the more desirable features of the E body but everyone want the 68-70
3- these cars are far superior to drive over the older 68-70 , no vent seal whisles far cleaner through the air etc & feel a lot better driving
 I guess the only true Chargers have hide away headlights , although I do have a complete hideaway system available as well  :dunno:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013 - 08:41:01 AM by Chryco Psycho »

Offline cwestra

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2013 - 09:41:06 AM »
Is there an active listing of the car (besides here)?  I've only seen the one picture of the car and I'm sure that doesn't do the car justice.  Pics of the engine, interior, closer angles of the body would be great to see.  I like the car but do favor the 2nd gen better. 
Corey - in Northern Indiana

Offline Jesus H Chrysler

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2013 - 09:50:29 AM »
From what I read (I haven't seen the car in person) this car seems like a great deal as is.  If funding and border hassles weren't a problem it would already be in my garage.  Due to the points Chryco mentioned this is EXACTLY the car I intend on building once my current crop of projects are finished.  Like he mentioned several times, I couldn't build this car for 20 (or even 22) grand. 

I understand the temptation to lowball people.  We all know a guy who's cousin bought a 340 Demon for $500 because someone needed bail money.  Those deals are extremely rare and people aren't usually in that level of crisis when they're selling their cars.  Chryco has a need for cash, and a car to sell.  But I don't believe his need for cash outweighs his desire to recoup some of his investment in the car.  He knows what it's worth.  We know what it's worth.  Wheeling and dealing is the way of car guys.  I believe his price drops reflect that.  Unfortunately he has been struck by the same economic downturn the rest of us are suffering.  10 years ago this car would be long gone.

Chryco, I wish you the best in selling your car.  I hope to meet you (and the car) at Carlisle this year.  If my ducks get in a row this summer you *might* get a pm from me if it's still around.
Yes I own a 1972 Dodge Challenger Convertible T/A S/E with a 440 Six Pak. Can it get any more wrong?

{OO /===\ OO}
(OO==> <==OO)

Greg, in the middle of MA has:
1970 Dodge Coronet 440 "Zom Bee"
1972 Dodge Challenger convertible 440 5 speed.
1973 Dodge Challenger 318 "Brown Bomber"
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Blackberry Pearl.
2001 Jeep Wrangler locked, lifted and lighted.  "Jeep is a registered trademark of Chrysler Corporation"

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2013 - 10:23:08 AM »
Without getting into politics & completely understand the economic woes , I may take a chance & import the car to Panama , I bet it would sel here !
 I have a number of pix & info if anyone is serious .
 I should be at Carlisle with Denises car ...maybe . to drive the Charger would double the fuel bill roughly $1000 each way for each car as it is 5000 miles round trip & 2 weeks of driving  :faint: