Author Topic: Another project  (Read 1202 times)

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
Another project
« on: March 10, 2011 - 09:30:26 AM »
It seems I am to be the proud owner of a 1970 Dodge pickup. This was my brothers truck. It's raining out today but I'll post some pics when I can. This one is a camper special with a 318 auto. We had it sort of running last year. So I know it can be made to run again. Just wondering if I should keep it or not? It needs a lot of work.

Comments, suggestions?  :wave:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
Re: Another project
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011 - 12:04:40 PM »
i drove a long bed 318 to high school my senior year. this way 1999 by the way got alot of looks in that baby the bench seat was nice too  :bigsmile: . first i had a 71 polara custom 2 door but wanted a truck bought that thing for a $100 paint job in the back yard freshened the motor and trans and offf we went. truck would catch a mean second. really nice lookin trucks to me although the brakes suck and it drives like a dump truck.
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011 - 02:44:27 PM »
Post some pics!!

I say keep it for home depot runs, you don't see them much around Maryland.

Check out Sweptline.org as well.

If you're going to part with it though, i wouldn't mind coming to check it out.

Here is my 68 D100:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011 - 03:10:45 PM »
they are cool

Offline purple1

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011 - 05:50:21 PM »
The rain has let up some. Got a few quick pics.

Dave

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011 - 05:59:42 PM »
 :wow:   Frankentruck   :aarg:   I`d do a technical overhaul and leave it as is  :burnout:
*** Bart ***

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011 - 06:13:37 PM »
3/4 ton thats cool. dana 60? im guessing 318 whats really cool is the early ones with the shifter in the dash. daddy has a 65 stepside with a 493 in it that we play with on occasion.
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline purple1

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011 - 06:28:34 PM »
3/4 ton thats cool. dana 60? im guessing 318 whats really cool is the early ones with the shifter in the dash. daddy has a 65 stepside with a 493 in it that we play with on occasion.

Yep. She's got a dana 60. And like I said the 318 with an auto behind it. We moved this truck last fall using a bottle of gas feeding the fuel pump. So I know she can be made to run. The 318 had a mild rebuild done about 20 some years ago but very few miles were put on it since. Biggest problems are going to come from sitting so long.

Dave

Offline 528 Hemi Cuda

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011 - 08:00:46 PM »
I also vote to keep the Truck. My husband still has his 1972 1/2 ton Dodge Truck he bought new in 1972.  It was his first new vehicle and he would not get rid of it for anything.  He will be restoring it this summer.  It is Orange with White.  When it is painted it will be Lamborghini Orange and the White will have Orange pearl in it.  We will take it to a lot of Car Shows.  It will have a 340 with a Six Pack in it.  I will try to post a picture before it was taken apart.  The Truck probably has over 1 million miles on it. It was used to haul his race cars and anything else he wanted to haul through the years. 
We love the old Trucks. 
Pink Ice

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011 - 12:05:42 PM »
Some blasting and painting and it would look alot better. Maybe go through the brakes and all, oil change and maybe clean out the carb and gas tank.

If this truck is going to be parted out PLEASE let me know b/c i would be interested in the mirrors and chrome around the drip rail as well as other parts.

:wave:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline purple1

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011 - 07:30:17 PM »
Some blasting and painting and it would look alot better. Maybe go through the brakes and all, oil change and maybe clean out the carb and gas tank.

If this truck is going to be parted out PLEASE let me know b/c i would be interested in the mirrors and chrome around the drip rail as well as other parts.

Don't think it should be parted. The more I think about it the more I like it and think this one should stay together. I'm going to clean it up some. Maybe change oil, tune up, that sort of thing. Then this will have to sit some more.

It does have a few extra parts with it. I think the extra doors in the shed might have mirrors.  ;)

Dave

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011 - 07:57:44 PM »
Neat old hauler! Remember, the easy part is to get it to go, the important part is to get it to WHOA! Running over someone/thing because a brake line blew is no fun. Keep 'er on the road. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011 - 02:02:08 PM »
Don't think it should be parted. The more I think about it the more I like it and think this one should stay together. I'm going to clean it up some. Maybe change oil, tune up, that sort of thing. Then this will have to sit some more.

It does have a few extra parts with it. I think the extra doors in the shed might have mirrors.  ;)

Dave glad its staying together!! I look forward to seeing it, we'll sure talk parts. May have stuff you need too!  :wave:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011 - 04:30:02 PM »
Love those old Dodge trucks  :thumbsup:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011 - 12:25:59 AM »
I could see that turning into something like 71BigBlock's (Steve) Camper Special. :cheers: :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin