Author Topic: numbers question  (Read 1025 times)

Offline rusty70cuda

numbers question
« on: March 12, 2011 - 12:17:55 PM »
I am looking for information about a 1973 road runner I recently purchased. I got the title, fender tag, and dash. Dash is still installed. I looked at the rad core support and the firewall and the numbers were different,but I don't beleive that it has been cloned. I believe that it was a factory mistake. body codes  start with a b4 -----6- and the title and dash and fender tag read b3 ----8-.all the dashes are the same #s. the car matches the description of the vin/fender tag,a low option 1973 car nothing special, and the trunk floor is flat like a 73 model. I plan to part this car out just wondering if factory messed up. Thanks for any intellegent information.Steve

Alaskan_TA

Re: numbers question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011 - 12:20:50 PM »
Do you have any photos?

The B would mean Hamtramck build, but they did not build any B-Bodies either of those model years.   :dunno:

Offline beekppr

• Dodge Challenger Project
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011 - 10:16:47 PM »
It sounds as though the car suffered a front end collision at some point in it's life and they changed out the rad. core support to get it back right. If so, the number on the support is for the donor car. 

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011 - 10:02:17 PM »
I recently looked at a 70 GTX that had "9"s on the core support and trunk rail where there should have been "0"s.

I bet those "B"s are actually "G"s.  Sixes and eights sometimes look similar, too. The 3 & 4 must be a factory typo.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...