Newbie 70 Cuda's New Pics!!

Author Topic: Newbie 70 Cuda's New Pics!!  (Read 5695 times)

cudahob

Newbie 70 Cuda's New Pics!!
« on: December 07, 2004 - 12:08:40 PM »
My beautiful FF4 70 `Cuda is going to be restored by me. The engine, body and interior will be farmed out, but all the deconstruction and constructrion will be all me; I don't trust anyone else.

Little history: I've been a Mopar guy since high school back in the early 80s.
My first car was a 69 Charger, my mom bought for $500, and I did everything to it myself.
Drag racing was my best subject, and living in SoCal there was plenty of it.
My first swap was to change out the 383 to a 440, I also put a Dana 60 with 3:54. I crafted it for speed on the track, weekend after weekend. Best 1/4 was 13.04 at 104mph with a sixpac and slicks. The Charger was a whopping 4080lbs with me in it, but it had torque like a John Deer tractor. The 440 only had a little larger cam than stock and nothing else. 10 to 1 pistions, stock exhaust manifolds and no porting, also a 3000 stall in the trany+-2 shift kit.

I took it to the Muscle Car Nationals in Sacramento CA (1989), and won Junor Stock Big Block, beating a 67 GTX with the same drive train as mine. Best with dot tires was, 13:20 at 101.
But the most fun that day was blowing the doors off a 70 Chevelle 454, which was in a higher class than me.

I also had a 69 Superbee, I bough from a junkyard for $600. Well the mid 1990s came and I had to go to College, since I wanted a better job, so the cars had to go. Regrettably I wish I still had them; I didn't get half what they were worth,... :( but fast forward to 2003.
With money in hand and an empty garage, I wanted a new Mopar, but what?

Somthing smaller and lighter with a small block. I looked around the Midwest, where I live now, for over a year with no luck. Then last year, I saw an add showing a green Cuda 120 miles away in the middle of no-where-ville USA. It wasn't in sad shape, or that rusty,.. surprisingly it was straight as an arrow. It had a ton of under coating and a Maco paint job, but best part is it had all the original parts and the original 340 motor.

I though it looked like a time capsule from back in my SoCal days, it was so well preserved. A deal was made and I towed it back home. I soon started looking for a broad cast sheet and there, under the back seat, was a beautiful one. Wow, this was an amazing find I though, for a 34 year old car in the Midwest.

So here I am, back in the world I knew so well, with a new Cuda, and in a new time where Mopars are on the rise in popularity and prices.

But my question is where do I get a parts book to look up numbers, so I can buy the right parts?

I'll go NOS as much as I can, but I'm not buying junk, just because it came off of a Cuda it worth 10 times more than it should BS.  :bs:
This is a hobbie folks, I'm not in it for a turn around profit, I love my Plymouth and will not sell it for anything.

Moparing Old School'in 2004

to be continued...

I can't get the pictures to load HELP. It is just to big for the format. I can email them, but I want all to see. :banghead:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2004 - 09:25:15 PM by cudahob »

lemonboy69

Re: Parts Catalog 70 Plymouth
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004 - 12:15:15 PM »

Hey! Welcome aboard man!! Where abouts in the midwest are you?? :tongue: :grinyes:

Sounds like a great car you got there, and I'm going to beat everyone else to say this...

:worthless:

Let's see some, let's hear some more about your car, and enjoy it here... it's like another family!! :thumbs:

LB

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004 - 12:26:50 PM »
Welcome to cc.com dude!! Sounds like you got a sweet car!!  But like LB said . . . need some pics!! Hope you enjoy your stay here . . . lots of really great people and information!!   :tongue:

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004 - 12:58:57 PM »
Welcome cudahob. Is Carlisle a possibility for you for a meet and greet ? We're all ready to help with your 'cuda as needed.  :thumbs: on the Broadcast sheet find - first of many grins to come, no doubt.

tfn (Russ)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2004 - 03:19:35 PM by twofornow »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004 - 01:45:42 PM »
Welcome to the board CudaHob!  I personally don't have a parts # book, but I know a few folks around here do.  If you need some info right away, just post your question here...someone will know the answer.  I can understand your wanting to put everything back with NOS stuff being a #'s matching car, but man, that will be expensive and hard to find depending on what you need. 

What have you done to the car so far?  Your garage filled with parts in little baggies yet? :grinyes:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline MAXcuda

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004 - 04:37:49 PM »
lets see some pics!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004 - 06:49:14 PM »
 :dogpile: :iagree: :dogpile:

Welcome 'CUDAhob Sounds like a good start and don't worry, we're all in it for the hobby on this site :patriot:

Offline 70cudajim

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004 - 07:14:50 PM »
Hey, welcome aboard CudaHob. I'm a newbie around here myself.  :patriot: As far as any books that you'll need, maybe some of those small pocket size books from Galen Govier. A real parts book manual is probably big bucks but I believe that you can get one on CD. I'm not sure where but I've seen them advertised. Stick around, ask a lot of questions. Where are you located now? SoCal? Jim
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004 - 09:17:31 AM by 70cudajim »

cudahob

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004 - 08:36:54 PM »
Hi thanks for the replies, lets see.... I live near Kansas City now, born in San Diego.
The Cuda was found in Walton KS. Where's that? well near Wichita.

I've been trying to get 9 pictures to load all day but they are to BIG.  :banghead:
I have an old Hp scanner and the pictures look good on my screen. Not sure what to do...
Maybe somebody can HELP  :wasted: ME.

I'll keep trying, I might need a new program or somthing. More to come.....

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: Newbie 70 Cuda Plymouth/My Mopar life
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004 - 09:57:28 PM »
Hey Cudahob...you can send me the pics and I'll resize and get them loaded on here for ya.  Send them to ll_davis@hotmail.com 

Rev
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

cudahob

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004 - 10:43:05 PM »
I sent them Laura, I'll try it again tomorrow.

Woh this is a cool site, people are just so helpful. Thanks

Cuda360, I'll try that too thanks.

:patriot:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004 - 10:53:26 PM »
I sent them Laura, I'll try it again tomorrow.

Woh this is a cool site, people are just so helpful. Thanks

Cuda360, I'll try that too thanks.

:patriot:

Dude Rev will have them up in no time.  Yea this place ROCKS!! Not only check in tomorrow, but the next day and the next day and . . .well you get the idea!! lol   :grinyes:  :grinno:  :grinyes:  :grinno:  :grinyes: :grinno:

beamtallica

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004 - 11:14:47 PM »
Yah cudahob this is a really good site.And the people are even better.  :patriot: Where at in Kansas do you live? I live in KCK.Or " crime dot" you could say  :laughing:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004 - 11:18:01 PM »
I live in KCK.Or " crime dot" you could say  :laughing:

Beam . . .what is crime dot??  Dude I live in Detroit!  Need I say more?   :dontknow:

beamtallica

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004 - 11:50:43 PM »
Wyndott. I live in the good part. But if you go down a block or two you  may want to take a gun  :boxer: My sister lives in a bad spot. But i never get any of it really. A police chace went by my house last summer.  :burnout: I heard it and went out side, and a chopper about 500 feet up put a spot light on me. My friend freaked out and ran inside, but i just stood there drunk off my but.  :wasted: