Its been to long, heres a pic I found!

Author Topic: Its been to long, heres a pic I found!  (Read 1250 times)

Offline ReturnofCuda

Its been to long, heres a pic I found!
« on: December 08, 2004 - 12:54:38 AM »
Its been to long, I've been tied up in life. I finally started stripping my cuda, finding all kinds of surprizes  :mad: Anyway, I did come accross an old pic when she ruled the streets! I'll try to post some pics of now, I warn you they're ugly.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Doug
1973 Cuda 340, TF727, 8 3/4 3.55 posi

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
Re: Its been to long, heres a pic I found!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004 - 06:18:23 AM »
Very nice - remember.....

:worthless:

Can't wait to see yourr progress.
We like work in progress photos too!  :burnout:
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004 - 06:54:35 AM »
We found lots of surprises when we stripped our car too. I think that's to be expected.  Would love to see the in progress pics to see what you're up against.

Welcome back!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Plum6Pak

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004 - 07:18:31 AM »
Hey ROC,  :thumbs:  Nice Cuda, is that an original survivor? From the pics it looks pretty darn nice already! Post often, like to see pics of progress and how you do things.
Glen

Offline ReturnofCuda

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004 - 10:07:56 AM »
Hey ROC,  :thumbs:  Nice Cuda, is that an original survivor? From the pics it looks pretty darn nice already! Post often, like to see pics of progress and how you do things.
Glen
It started life as a 1973 Barracuda -w- 318ci, 904, 2.76 single rear, limelight green -w- green interior and green vinyl top. About 20 years ago I changed it to a 340ci, 727, 3.55 posi, and body as you see in the picture. 16 years ago I sold the car to buy a house. 5 months ago my wife bought it back for me. After 14 years of storage in the woods, its a little rough! Quarter panels and trunk are toast. So far the rest seems to be minor welding work. Interior is gutted, missing 1 front seat, luckily the rest is there, just up rooted. Thanks for asking.
Doug

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004 - 11:33:53 AM »
Wow, what a cool wife!
That's great that you were able to get it back, too bad the other guy didn't respect it as much as he should have.
Oh well, it's a great way to make it like you always wanted.

'70 Charger 500

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004 - 11:44:09 AM »
We found lots of surprises when we stripped our car too. I think that's to be expected. 

:iagree:  Yip, me too. I thought my car wasn't bad on first glimpes, but there were a few problems, nothing major, rear window rot between the vinly roof and the beginning of the trunk, and a little near the front guards.

Welcome back mate.  ;)

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004 - 07:44:50 PM »
Hey ROC, That was awesome of your wife to buy your car back.  Did you know or were you shocked????  Can't wait to see pics of your resto.  Best of luck with your project!

Offline ReturnofCuda

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004 - 12:15:01 AM »
Hey ROC, That was awesome of your wife to buy your car back.  Did you know or were you shocked???? 
Well, I had located the car and planned to go and see if I could buy it back on Saturday. Since I work second shift I couldn't get there any sooner. Now my wife being loaded with this information, got a hold of her cousin and went to see if they could get the car sooner. I was in the dark the entire time. This is the good part, Friday was our 16 year anniversary. Friday night when I got off work, I pulled in the driveway and there was my car and my wife sitting on the hood. Needless to say my jaw dropped. I'll never forget what she did for me! That was about 5 monthes ago.
Doug

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004 - 05:45:19 AM »
That's a great story, last time my wife was on the hood, it was to get up in the attic without moving the car!  Needless to say, she cracked my fiberglass hood!

Good luck with the project!