Author Topic: MSD e-curve help  (Read 951 times)

Offline oh58dscout

MSD e-curve help
« on: March 24, 2011 - 05:53:13 PM »
So, I dropped the money for the e-curve and am having difficulties wiring it. The instructions don't fully explain all. The deal is is this, I get spark when I crank the engine, but when I release the key, it stops. I have tried bridging the blue wire(I believe that is run) off the ballast. Any help is appreciated. The obvious is welcome too. I guess I should explain what I have done exactly-I have connected the new dizzy to the pos and neg side of the coil, connected ground, removed the ballast, removed the condensor, it also has a new blaster coil. When I bridge the brown and green wires that were on the ballast(4 pin), I get spark-it want to run-but then stops when I release the key. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Oh, and MSD just said tie the wires from the ballast together.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: MSD e-curve help
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011 - 10:53:49 AM »
the power from both the brown & blue wires at the ballast need to be connected together to make this work , blue is run power \& brown is cranking power

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline oh58dscout

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011 - 09:01:45 AM »
CP, thanks for the reply. I actually wired it like that initially, and it didn't work. Tried lots of other ways. Went back to the way I had it and it fired. Maybe I made a mistake when I did it the first time. Anyway, after I got the car running once I hooked up the vacuum advance it wouldn't work right. After calling MSD, they said I had a bad circuit board. I had heard rumors MSD stuff was now made in China. Maybe it is. Thanks for the advice. I do love this sight. Will buy a Mopar Performance distributor now.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011 - 11:31:02 PM »
I have had constant problems with MSD igns .
I have used Mallory & Crane ignitions , they cost less a seem to be reliable but I did have a Crane fail last year

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t