Author Topic: Goodmark Cuda Trunk Lid  (Read 3731 times)

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Goodmark Cuda Trunk Lid
« on: March 25, 2011 - 07:26:29 PM »
Does anyone have the Goodmark Decklid and more importantly, one with an AAR spoiler on it?

The AMD lids come in two versions, holes for spoiler and non-spoiler versions. Looks like Goodmark just makes the one and it's about half of what AMD's is. I know that you get what you pay for but not every single thing Goodmark makes is crap. So, anyone have any first hand experience on the quality of a Goodmark trunk lid?

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
Re: Goodmark Cuda Trunk Lid
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011 - 07:42:15 PM »
we have sold a bunch of each, yes you get what you pay for, the goodmark deck is the same piece that sherman sells and has been made for years off the same ole die. but for like 245 vs 450.00 some may take issues over quality to save money, in the long run it may or may not bight you in the back side.
quality issues we ? i have seem are, across the deck filler panel is crimped to tight and sometimes to flat, being out of square is rare but seen. file marks, grind marks,
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline mrbill426

• All Around Mopars
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012 - 11:27:05 AM »
I too have been looking at rh Goodmark lid over the AMD; BIG difference (to me) in cost.  Any late updates on experiences with Goodmark tunk lids?

I am looking at thier quarter panel skins right now too, since AMD seems to be out of stock.

Thanks!

Does anyone have the Goodmark Decklid and more importantly, one with an AAR spoiler on it?

The AMD lids come in two versions, holes for spoiler and non-spoiler versions. Looks like Goodmark just makes the one and it's about half of what AMD's is. I know that you get what you pay for but not every single thing Goodmark makes is crap. So, anyone have any first hand experience on the quality of a Goodmark trunk lid?
MOPAR or NO car!

'72 'Cuda 340, white on white
'72 Sebring; bracket project
'64 Imperial Crown black on black
'66 Imperial Crown; parts car

Offline cudasteve72

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012 - 12:00:22 PM »
I have used goodmark 1/4  skins and deck lid.  the skins worked good like any skin they need some masaging, but they worked for me.  As for the trunk lid, it was very flimsy and the skin is only curled over not welded anywhere.  So you need to get it on and where it needs to be, and tack it into place (resolution straight from goodmark old stampings or something).  It has provisions for aar spoilier but you need to drill your own holes.
1972 Cuda Custom 70 clone  416 stroker 481/531 hp/
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8 (daily)
1970 Challenger convertible 340 (Dad's)
1967 Dart gt slant six all original 40,000 miles driver but needs restoration (Brother's)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife's)

Offline mrbill426

• All Around Mopars
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012 - 12:07:49 PM »
Thanks  cudasteve72!  So the trunk lid otherwise fits okay and is "square",  but needs to be tacked together?  Does the inner panel have the same reinforcement design as the original?  Any photos of the bottom of the Goodmark lid?
 :working:

I have used goodmark 1/4  skins and deck lid.  the skins worked good like any skin they need some masaging, but they worked for me.  As for the trunk lid, it was very flimsy and the skin is only curled over not welded anywhere.  So you need to get it on and where it needs to be, and tack it into place (resolution straight from goodmark old stampings or something).  It has provisions for aar spoilier but you need to drill your own holes.
MOPAR or NO car!

Offline cudasteve72

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012 - 12:18:06 PM »
Yea it fits good now. these are the best i have of the inside.
1972 Cuda Custom 70 clone  416 stroker 481/531 hp/
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8 (daily)
1970 Challenger convertible 340 (Dad's)
1967 Dart gt slant six all original 40,000 miles driver but needs restoration (Brother's)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife's)

Offline mrbill426

• All Around Mopars
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012 - 12:53:46 PM »
Those are fine, and thank you for the input!  :2thumbs:

Yea it fits good now. these are the best i have of the inside.
MOPAR or NO car!