Author Topic: If anyone wants a clean 'Cuda, this one ends in 18 minutes....  (Read 2017 times)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310311458012&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Inspected it myself - looks pretty good.  Unless the price balloons in the next 15 minutes, it's gonna be a really good deal...
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline 74ralley

Re: If anyone wants a clean 'Cuda, this one ends in 18 minutes....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011 - 10:54:15 PM »
Nice car, looks like a deal!
The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday.

Pennsylvania

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011 - 11:32:09 PM »
Wow - price never went up.  I can't believe that.  It wasn't the car I was looking for, but that was a great, great price.  I paid on a few grand less than that for my rotting 318 Barracuda...

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011 - 07:55:05 AM »
Wow, that sure looks like a heckuva deal! No way you could build one for that price
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline D70challenger

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011 - 12:12:19 PM »
thats insanely cheap. almost scary how cheap, does this mean classic muscle cars are losing their appeal?

1970 Dodge Challenger
2005 Ford Mustang

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011 - 01:15:32 PM »
Hey - just 'cause something is for sale doesn't always mean it'll go for a good price.  Cars like this are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.  Get the right buyer and you'll get lucky.  I'd say this seller didn't get very lucky.  He's a nice guy though - I'm hoping he didn't suffer too much - he was selling the car for someone else.  I just hope he didn't have any guarantees or anything sitting on the table.

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011 - 01:49:25 PM »
I've said it before but....IMO, to sell a 72-74 E-body for big money it has to be stock restored and nearly flawless.  People will pay a lot of money for basket case 70-71's but not for 72-74's.  That car needs a lot of work.  The car wasn't dissassembled enought before it was painted...you can see red paint on the quarter window seal and door stricker.  The fender bolts and trunk bolts aren't painted body color either.  That makes me think there are some hidden things in the bodywork.  The engine compartment needs a lot of work too.  It looks like just a driver to me.  I think the price was a little high accually.  I hope the new owner is happy with it.   :2cents:     

Offline IronChef

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011 - 06:38:44 PM »
I've said it before but....IMO, to sell a 72-74 E-body for big money it has to be stock restored and nearly flawless.  People will pay a lot of money for basket case 70-71's but not for 72-74's.  That car needs a lot of work.  The car wasn't dissassembled enought before it was painted...you can see red paint on the quarter window seal and door stricker.  The fender bolts and trunk bolts aren't painted body color either.  That makes me think there are some hidden things in the bodywork.  The engine compartment needs a lot of work too.  It looks like just a driver to me.  I think the price was a little high accually.  I hope the new owner is happy with it.   :2cents:   

I agree.  The fact that it's a Barracuda and not a 'Cuda isn't helping either.  This would however, be an excellent car to make into a Pro Touring 'Cuda.  Anyway...good luck to the new owner.
Stay thirsty my friends!

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011 - 07:52:55 PM »
That's 10k more than I paid for my 73 Barracuda, I've probably put another $4k into it so far, I bet I'll have more than $18k into mine before I get it to a similar point so I could see it as at least a reasonable price for what it is.  That said, I'll have mine exactly how I want it so I'm happy I went the route I did.

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011 - 10:21:17 PM »
The seller replied to my last message - he said the buyer gave some story about needing a month or two to get the money together for the auction - sounds shady, so the seller is backing out.  So even at that price, it's apparently not going...

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011 - 07:42:05 AM »
The seller replied to my last message - he said the buyer gave some story about needing a month or two to get the money together for the auction - sounds shady, so the seller is backing out.  So even at that price, it's apparently not going...

Sounds like somebody was schilling
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011 - 12:48:34 AM »
How do you figure?  Shill-bidding (not sure how it's spelled) is using a separate account - as the seller - to drive your auction price higher.  I think the seller of my Viper tried to shill-bid me, so I stopped bidding and waited until 3-seconds before the auction end to snipe it.  (Shill-bidding is against Ebay policies, sniping is not.)

So it seems like someone was extending themselves beyond what they could actually pay, or they were just bull-**** bidding....

Offline D70challenger

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011 - 03:45:43 AM »
I never knew there was a name for that but i felt the seller of my chally did the same for me. I bid and bid and bid against somebody and had to leave so put a max bid at 2300. the other guy alone bid me up from 1800 to 2300. then when the auction ended he said the winner lived in australia and didnt realize the price for shipping to there so he offered me it back at the price of 2300. i wish he would have bumped it down to 1800 cause thats when the third to last person stopped and it ended up being me and the "other" bidder. I wanted to talk the price down but he ended up putting it back for only a 24 hr auction so i jumped the gun. probably could have saved myself a few hundred if i was a lil impatient. o well, im glad i have her now!

1970 Dodge Challenger
2005 Ford Mustang

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011 - 10:02:51 PM »
I never knew there was a name for that but i felt the seller of my chally did the same for me. I bid and bid and bid against somebody and had to leave so put a max bid at 2300. the other guy alone bid me up from 1800 to 2300. then when the auction ended he said the winner lived in australia and didnt realize the price for shipping to there so he offered me it back at the price of 2300. i wish he would have bumped it down to 1800 cause thats when the third to last person stopped and it ended up being me and the "other" bidder. I wanted to talk the price down but he ended up putting it back for only a 24 hr auction so i jumped the gun. probably could have saved myself a few hundred if i was a lil impatient. o well, im glad i have her now!

Hate to say it, but that sounds precisely like an eBay scam.  For me, I placed the first bid on my Viper - had been listed for nearly a week with ZERO bids.  I bid, and within an hour, someone else outbid me.  The seller - who I had talked to on the phone - called me to say that someone else had outbid me and he really wanted me to win...  I gave him the "well we'll see - not sure what I'm going to do."  I wonder if I had just left it, if that bid would have been retracted.  But instead I waited until the final seconds and placed a last bid - ended up only bumping the price by $1,100 bucks - not too bad considering the total price.