Author Topic: Cruising in soft Corinthian leather  (Read 1844 times)

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
Cruising in soft Corinthian leather
« on: May 02, 2011 - 05:00:10 PM »
OK, so it's not an E-body.  But I figure...what the heck, it's a Mopar and some people might be interested in something a little different.

As some of you know, I bought this Cordoba about a month ago from a young lady who inherited it from her great grandmother.  1979 with a 360-4V, 118k, no rust issues, runs great.  Here's what I started with:

After a full days wash, wax, vacuum and other cleaning, we had this:

First on the upgrade list: wheels.  I found some four 17" wheels with covers off a 2006 Chrysler 300 that fit almost perfectly.  Of course, the 300 uses metric lugs, while the Corboda uses standard, so the lugnuts aren't right.  Oddly enough, when I was mounting the wheels, four of the five lugnuts would tighten up, but the fifth would just spin in place.  Anyway, I ended up mounting the wheels without the covers until I can get the proper lugnuts, but mocked it up with covers in place, just to see how it looked.  My wife  even changed one tire before retiring to her chair and snapping a few pics:   :picture:

A little help from my trusty jackman, 13 year old son Gabriel.

It really changes the look of the car - and the wheel covers even say "Chrysler" on them.   :cooldancing:

I'll get a couple of pics of the car as it sits now, without the covers, and post them later.

Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
Re: Cruising in soft Corinthian leather
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011 - 05:45:21 PM »
Nice, wheels make a huge difference!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011 - 06:13:22 PM »
Yeah, I gotta admit... That works well.    :2thumbs:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011 - 09:13:05 AM »
LOL.   I see another tilt column, ready to get plucked and put into an e-body!
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline 4THECHALLENGE

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011 - 04:21:12 PM »
One clean ride
awsome score! Im glad u took off the seat covers

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011 - 02:40:52 PM »
One clean ride
awsome score! Im glad u took off the seat covers

Yeah, they were in pretty sad shape.  My wife saved them to make cat beds out of them.  And a shame to cover up that Soft Corinthian Leather.  (Although I might feel differently in the heat of the summer.)
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011 - 07:39:15 PM »
Unfortunately, the 300 wheel covers wouldn't work - the chrome acorn lug nuts I found don't have a long enough shank, nor are they wide enough at the shoulder to properly mount the covers.  I could get them on, but they were practically flush with the well of the covers and the lug wrench would lose it's bite on the nut before I could torque it down.  So, I'm going with the Super Bee look for now!   :rofl:

I spent the afternoon working on a basic tune-up - cap/rotor, plugs and wires.  Still have to check the timing and see about the mixture to take care of the rich condition.   :working:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 - 07:44:40 PM by Greg's 'doba »
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS