Author Topic: Headliner ? Wires on the rear bow that is use to hold it in place?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline cdawg

Does anyone have a picture and measurements of the wire that are hooked to the  last bow of the headliner. Do you really need it to install the headliner or cant i just strap the bow with some other wire or fastener. Can someone show me where it is hooked to on the sail panel or roof frame.
Thanks

Offline Skunkworks Challenger

• Mopars forever!
Re: Headliner ? Wires on the rear bow that is use to hold it in place?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011 - 09:02:25 PM »
There are some holes, I think about 1/4 inch diameter that the wire slips into.  The other end hooks around the bow.  The pointed end of the wire is what slips into the holes.  Best I cam remember there are two wire hooks, one on each side.  There possibly is a third one in the center.  PK
The Brewmaster

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011 - 09:44:17 PM »
Hard to see buit the left side hook is hanging there!

Offline UKcuda

• Tell them I'm on my way
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011 - 04:09:25 AM »
Does anyone have a picture and measurements of the wire that are hooked to the  last bow of the headliner. Do you really need it to install the headliner or cant i just strap the bow with some other wire or fastener. Can someone show me where it is hooked to on the sail panel or roof frame.
Thanks

There are two of them and they go straight back into little holes above the screen frame.  They just tie the rear bow so you don't twist it out of line when you start stretching the liner forwards.  I'm sure you can use something else to do the same job, as long as it ties the bow back to keep it straight up.
'72 'cuda

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011 - 09:35:06 AM »
I believe Resto Rick started making those springs.  I don't know what he gets for them though.  Check out his website for some really nice headliner installation instructions too.

Offline cdawg

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011 - 02:10:01 AM »
Thanks Buddies
I went to the local yard and found some on a 74 Dart and the wire retainers seemed to work for me. I finally got the Headliner in after Two weekends struggling with it. Thanks a alot!! :bananasmi