Author Topic: sheet metal  (Read 5046 times)

Offline chuck

sheet metal
« on: June 19, 2011 - 04:01:11 PM »
im getting ready to order sheet metal  where is a good place to order and what brand any info whould be great i been looking on the web so much to choose from

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: sheet metal
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011 - 05:08:57 PM »
Chuck,

Roseville Auto Parts and E Body Products both carry AMD which is what just about everybody will agree is the best sheet metal parts to buy.

Shipping costs might be a determining factor so ask what it will be for them to send out to you. One place near me is called RPS Restorations. Anything big I don't pay shipping. He buys in bulk orders and I just go pick it up.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011 - 05:44:32 PM »
Dave at Roseville has treated me good.

Are you going to replace the sheet metal while the car's on the rotisserie?
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline 06Daytona

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011 - 06:21:31 PM »
I'd recommend Roseville and E Body products. I'm in the middle of getting all the sheet metal for my car and both companies were great to work with and really knowledgeable.
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family

Offline johns cuda shop

• 71 Cuda Pro-Touring Build
  • Machinist and Fabricator
    • Custom Machine Components
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011 - 07:35:44 PM »
I agree that AMD sheet metal fits the best. This is all that I use. Stefan over at Elite Custom Autobody gave me the best prices and service so I recommend Him.      http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5134879&an=0&page=0#Post5134879
71 Cuda Gen III Aluminum 426 Hemi T56 6 speed 4.10 8.75 Modified & Lowered RMS coilover suspension Wilwood discs

Offline chuck

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011 - 07:53:50 PM »
do they have a web site

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011 - 08:08:05 PM »
Not sure about Stefan, but David as one... http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/index.php

I think he gives cuda-challenger members a better price so you might want to pick up the phone and call him direct at 586-859-2575.  He's not only saved me a bunch of money, but has given me some really good tips and tricks.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline johns cuda shop

• 71 Cuda Pro-Touring Build
  • Machinist and Fabricator
    • Custom Machine Components
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011 - 08:46:23 PM »
Hi, I like Stefan , Because he gave me the best price over the others and I shopped around pretty good. Elite custom Body are a autherized AMD dealer .  You can email him direct on your needs or Phone  904-592-6666
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011 - 08:48:39 PM by johns cuda shop »
71 Cuda Gen III Aluminum 426 Hemi T56 6 speed 4.10 8.75 Modified & Lowered RMS coilover suspension Wilwood discs

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011 - 08:54:43 PM »
do they have a web site

Here's 3 to pick from.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/

Stefan Budnik
Elite Custom Body & Paint
904-592-6666 tel
elitecustombody at bellsouth.net -email

http://www.ebodyproducts.com/
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline chuck

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011 - 11:43:02 PM »
thanks guys i get worried when i have to spend a good chunk of change

Offline SPEEDY1

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011 - 09:31:55 PM »
Hi, I like Stefan , Because he gave me the best price over the others and I shopped around pretty good. Elite custom Body are a autherized AMD dealer .  You can email him direct on your needs or Phone  904-592-6666

Stefan has given me the best pricing as well. Very easy to do business with. I am not saying anything negative about anyone else, but Stefan just gave better prices.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011 - 11:12:34 PM »
If you're in no hurry, go to the best Mopar Car show near you and check all the vendors out.
They might actually have what you're looking for right there on the spot. Ask what brand it is of course.

The vendors here I mentioned earlier I'm sure all give outstanding Customer Support and fast delivery.
Or they wouldn't be here still.

When I bought my quarter panel when they were first being made; I got a Goodmark early production. Only thing available at the time. It required alot of work to get it factory fit correct.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline MTS-Challenger

• Vanishing Point - "Catch Me If You Can"
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011 - 01:48:14 AM »
AMD has the best for detail, size, shape and fit.  Yes you pay a little more money but it is well worth it!!!

A few months ago I bought a set of rear valance brackets from Goodmark and was a little disappointed. The part felt thin (still the same thickness as stock), cheap and .. well, just not like a Dodge part should be.

I since heard nothing but good stuff about AMD so I decided to give them a try. I have so far bought -
Front bumper (best quality versions)
Rear bumper (best quality versions)
Rear valance
Rear bumper filler

And I'm very happy!!! AMD will sale directly to you and the customer service is great!!! In fact they mentioned I would be getting one of the first productions of the rear valance and they needed a few extra days to make sure it was correct in every detail and measurment using a CMM (hows that's for detail and honesty) before sending.

:bigsmile:

http://www.autometaldirect.com/
1970 Challenger R/T 440