Author Topic: 1972 Dodge Challenger 'GT' project  (Read 47497 times)

Offline airfueleddie

Re: 1972 Dodge Challenger 'GT' project
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2012 - 02:09:27 PM »
Chryco, thanks for the reply. I have a friend who runs the Milodon Road Race Pan, and he doesnt use a crank scraper or windage tray on his built 440. It's been many years and he has  no problems at all. The engine has many laps around Denver and many RoadRace events at a local RoadRace course. So I think I will stay with my set-up. But yeah, a custom built scraper would be ideal! :thumbsup:

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2012 - 02:12:34 PM »
So clean you can eat off of the floor.............Nice work.........Looking forward to updates.............David
Thanks David! If this turns out 1/2 as nice as your Challenger,,I would be VERY happy!! :2thumbs:

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2012 - 04:17:53 PM »
Hi everyone, hope all had a Merry Christmas!  I just ordered the complete kit(s), from MAD electrical, so I can have a central power distribution point, relays, trunk mounted battery, high grade wiring, Volt Meter conversion instead of the trouble prone Ammeter, Dual pulley high - amp alternator probably a 3 wire GM unit so I can wire in a warning light,(as long as I can get a bracket system to match) ectt   MAD electrical, spoke with Mark, great guy and VERY knowledgeable!! I'll post pics as it's installed!! Any thoughts or tips will be appreciated!!!  Happy New Year E-Body Owners and all MoPar people!!  Eddie

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2013 - 04:19:44 PM »
Batt Box installed plus the Mad Electrical start-em-up kit(solenoid),, this enables current to flow thru the starter motor cable,(1/0 gauge), only when the key is turned to start, when the key is released, the cable is "dead", the charging cable,(8 ga.) is fused with a 12 ga. fusible link. This is the only "hot" conducter going the entire length of the underside of the car and it's fused.  Oh yeah, the fuel down tube clears fine. :thumbsup:

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2013 - 11:53:43 AM »
The LGT,(Keisler), SS 700 is on it's way!!!(Complete Kit,,Trans, Bellhousing, Pedal assembly, Hyd. clutch actuator assembly,(slave cylinder), Billet 6 bolt neutral balance flywheel, RAM twin disc clutch, Crossmember, all fasteners, 2 pigtails for either mech. or elec. speedo. Will post pics when it all arrives. Waiting on DR. Diff  Viper brake kit as well.

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2013 - 07:56:56 PM »
Lower Control Arms, TIG welded, boxed, greasable lower shaft, poly bushings, new adjusters, black,powder coated.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2013 - 03:37:41 AM »
Who's shaft is that? Nice touch with the hex to hold it while your tightening it! :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2013 - 11:17:38 AM »
Firm Feel Brad

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2013 - 05:49:49 PM »
Firm Feel Brad

They must have changed their design ( for the better :2thumbs:) and I got the old design. I had to drill and tap the end that goes in the bushing so I could bottom out a bolt in it to hang on with a socket so it wouldn't spin when I was tightening it.
Brad
Barrie,Ontario,Canada

My restoration thread 
 My handling upgrade post

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2013 - 09:03:57 PM »
They must have changed their design ( for the better :2thumbs:) and I got the old design. I had to drill and tap the end that goes in the bushing so I could bottom out a bolt in it to hang on with a socket so it wouldn't spin when I was tightening it.
Bet that was  a pain! I just ordered the rest of the suspension components from Dick Ross,(FF), BTW, I told them that I kinda screwed up and welded their skid plate on before 'worming' the sway bar through. He told me their design skid plate can be welded on and doesnt interfere with the sway bar installation. So I ordered the 1.25 Hollow bar!! :biggrin: No biggie,,if it dont go thru, I'll cut the plate off and make the clearance! :thumbsup: I decided to take your advice Brad,,thank you! :thumbsup:

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2013 - 09:22:36 PM »
I'll have to look into the FF skid plate then. I really should have something on there as the pan sits around 3/4" below the K-Frame. :2thumbs:
Brad
Barrie,Ontario,Canada

My restoration thread 
 My handling upgrade post

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2013 - 10:01:10 AM »
I'll have to look into the FF skid plate then. I really should have something on there as the pan sits around 3/4" below the K-Frame. :2thumbs:

Yes a must ,

I fabbed one up from heavy aluminum, no sparks ;)

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2013 - 03:25:04 PM »
Yes a must ,

I fabbed one up from heavy aluminum, no sparks ;)
It must be bolted on then. I welded mine to the K-member steel. Cant weld dissimilar materials. :thumbsup:

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2013 - 07:23:38 PM »
It must be bolted on then. I welded mine to the K-member steel. Cant weld dissimilar materials. :thumbsup:

Yea I would only bolt it on so if I ever need to change the pan or gasket it comes off easy.......... :2thumbs:

I am not much of a welder , I know you are Ed so good on ya nice and solid :2thumbs:

Offline airfueleddie

« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2013 - 10:57:51 PM »
The Keisler SS 700 LGT trans assembly,(Bellhousing, Twin disc Clutch, flywheel, crossmember, 1350 Driveshaft, elect. and manual speedo pigtails and the trans with .64 OD all paid for and waiting), entire front suspension from FirmFeel( 1.250 Hollow sway bar, 1.12 T-Bars, Stage III PS box, tubular upper arms, Adj. Strut rods, new pitman arm and idler in standard length because I am using TTI 1 7/8 Headers with a B/RB all new balljoints with 11/16 tie rods. Also paid for and waiting,, I'll post pics as it all goes together