Author Topic: Windsor Ontario Area Members - Comments and Pics on Show!  (Read 2995 times)

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
Windsor Ontario Area Members - Comments and Pics on Show!
« on: July 13, 2011 - 12:19:22 PM »
Anybody down the windsor / chatam area planning on attending the Belle River Sunsplash car show on Friday or the Classic Crusie on Saturday this week.

The family and I are going to make a road trip out of it, and spend the weekend at the inlaws.

Please stop by and say hello if you are attending!  :wave:

Jason
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011 - 11:14:59 PM by CUDA JAS »
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
Re: Windsor Ontario Area Members
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011 - 07:46:04 PM »
how far is that from Maryland................. :burnout:
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011 - 08:15:06 PM »
how far is that from Maryland................. :burnout:

Google maps says its only 543 miles...........  :bricks1:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011 - 08:41:22 PM »
Google maps says its only 543 miles...........  :bricks1:

doable...you should come...bring a tent you can camp at my inlaws! :bigsmile: :roflsmiley:
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011 - 08:52:20 PM »
Looks like a very cool show. http://www.classiccruise.ca/
But we just did Carlisle last weekend and I got my son this weekend. We are going to stay local.
They do this every year? Would need passports as well. Post up some pics if you can.

Dave :wave:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011 - 09:25:35 PM »
Where the Belle is Belle River?  That is kool........ http://www.classiccruise.ca/
passport can i claim illegal imm...... :droolingbounce:

I've always wanted to do a Cruize on a main street.

Gran Coupe Convertible

////////////  CUDA AAR
AARuFAST
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011 - 08:43:15 PM by AARuFAST »
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline AARCuda340+6

• Resident
  • Southern Ontario
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011 - 02:35:38 PM »

I plan on driving over to Belle River Friday for the car show but will not be attending the cruise on Saturday.
I've never been to this show or Belle River but it's a small town and a nice long trip to relax.  It might take 2 hours to drive from St. Thomas as I plan on taking Hwy #3 part of the way and getting on the 401 around Rodney.  I just hope 1 tank of gas gets me there and 1 back because there are not many service centers that sell Ultra 94.

Who knows, maybe you'll blast by me on the 401.  :burnout:
Have a safe trip.
You can call me RAY or RAYMOND or RAZOR or THE ZOR!
70 AAR Cuda
04 Rumble Bee

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011 - 11:20:10 PM »
I plan on driving over to Belle River Friday for the car show but will not be attending the cruise on Saturday.
I've never been to this show or Belle River but it's a small town and a nice long trip to relax.  It might take 2 hours to drive from St. Thomas as I plan on taking Hwy #3 part of the way and getting on the 401 around Rodney.  I just hope 1 tank of gas gets me there and 1 back because there are not many service centers that sell Ultra 94.

Who knows, maybe you'll blast by me on the 401.  :burnout:
Have a safe trip.

Cool, hope to see you there.

I came up thursday night.   :wave:
74 'cuda 360/727

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline AARCuda340+6

• Resident
  • Southern Ontario
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011 - 01:48:03 AM »
This show in Belle River was very impressive.  Over 700 cars and well organized.  Streets were full of people and weather was perfect.
Nice to see you again Jason.  Your car stands out every time I see it.  Awesome work on the engine bay and new parts you added.

Here is a link to my "Flickr" page with some pictures from the show.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22040253@N04/sets/72157627221066708/

Also added a few pics of your car.  Hope you don't mind.
You can call me RAY or RAYMOND or RAZOR or THE ZOR!
70 AAR Cuda
04 Rumble Bee

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011 - 10:57:43 PM »
Ok, finally some time to give my thoughts pics etc.

Well, I was very impressed with the show, as Ray said (good to see you again Ray), over 700 cars all parked down the main street of a small town (over a km long I beleive).  There are no trophies, but they had over 150 door prizes.

There were lots of nice cars, and several VERY nice cars.  I have attached a couple of pics of my favorite mopars.

Also a link to all my pics - http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/cudajas/Sunsplash%202011/

During the show, all the stores down the main street were open, and it was nice to walk around and browse the stores.

My daughter, who is 11, and I participated in the poker walk (walk into 6 stores, and get a card) best 5 card poker hand wins.  My duaghter dreww all but one card, and we ended up with a 8 - Q straight.  We won the top prize (tin sign and $50 at one of the stores).  That was here favorite part!

The next day, we went on the cruise.  75 or so cars crusign through the country side.  It was fun event.  Lots of people sitting out on there lawn taking pics and waving.  It was quite the thing to see. We all ended up at the KC hall for drinks and food.  Oh and more door prizes.  Wann guess who won the last and well bigest door prize....yep ME! :ylsuper: :rofl:  The prize was a new TV antena for the house (supposed to pick up the new digital signals).  HAHA, big long box was fun to get home.  2nd best prize was a simoniz eliptical buffer...man!

Either way, great week end, great weather!!

If you are lookign for a neat event to go to, I would recomend this one!

74 'cuda 360/727

Just call me a gearhead!