Gotta vent! GRRRRRRR!

Author Topic: Gotta vent! GRRRRRRR!  (Read 7565 times)

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
Re: Gotta vent! GRRRRRRR!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011 - 06:52:02 PM »
It was one of those vinyal windows all sealed so you can't replace just the glass. Still makes me pissy about the "upgrade though! Some people huh!

at least on my vinal windows on my house you can just replace the glass,winsor windows i beleive they are were you take the frame apart and replace the two plain sealed window with new weatherstripping and glass back in the same frame sort of a 'WINDOW PAIN" in the arse to do but mine are that way.  :clueless:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline wagesofsin

• just a sinner
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011 - 06:52:42 PM »
shoot out the rest of his windows and when he confronts you simply state that being a responsible parent and all around great neighbour, you made your kids get rid of their bb guns immediately after the first incident. so theres noooo possible way it was their rascally shenanigans that could of led to any damage.

Offline Barracudadan

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011 - 07:06:56 PM »
After reading a few more facts I agree with everyone else your neighbor is taking advantage of you. As others have said the damaged glass may have been able to be replaced. A good window company could have looked at it and gave an estimate and said if the window needed to be replaced or just the glass. Hopefully Karma is watching this guy and he gets what he deserves someday!

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011 - 08:08:21 PM »
Brad I think one of the bb' s blew a hole in my Cuda windshield.............here in Maryland.

Did u get pictures
Does he still have the damaged window to take pictures.
What bb gun :dunno:
Buy him some bubble gum to plug the hole........
Could have hung the  kid by his thumbs to get him to confess....... :roflsmiley:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011 - 08:11:30 PM by AARuFAST »
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011 - 10:05:26 PM »
 :roflsmiley:
shoot out the rest of his windows and when he confronts you simply state that being a responsible parent and all around great neighbour, you made your kids get rid of their bb guns immediately after the first incident. so theres noooo possible way it was their rascally shenanigans that could of led to any damage.
Dennis,Ohio

Offline Slotts

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011 - 10:09:31 PM »
Hey Brad,

After reading what happened, I would like to add my  :2cents:.

For starters, you have to get rid of their BB guns. I believe your kids really need to learn a lesson. Possibly making them work off the debt they created might be the best way. A home improvement on your neighbor’s house, courtesy of your kids labor, might be just the solution.

See if you can get a color sample of the exterior house finish and have a color match made at a reputable paint supply company. Next, you will need to buy two high quality applicators, one for each of your kids to use. To make the occasion memorable for them, I recommend two paint ball guns. Ready, aim, fire!

Slotts

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011 - 10:13:04 PM »
Brad i agree with a few others here your neighbor is most diffinally taking advantage of you. You should only pay for the cost of the window that was broken and not an upgrade either  :nono: I like cudamanns idea, time for a tuneup buddy  :bigsmile: I hate all my neihbors and i do ALOT of tuneups ask member Metallychallenged  :roflsmiley:

I have never done anything like that.  :grinno:
Chris, Ohio

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011 - 10:28:35 PM »
Did you ask your children if they did it or had the bb guns out?  MEK  that was a funny comment.

Hey Brad, I can offset the balance of your expenses. do you take PP?  I could use a used Milodon gear drive :roflsmiley:

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011 - 10:31:50 PM »
I have never done anything like that.  :grinno:
Really? Then whats all these burnout marks doing it front of my garage  :misbehaving:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011 - 10:35:37 PM »

Really? Then whats all these burnout marks doing it front of my garage  :misbehaving:
:clueless:  :dunno:  :drunk:
Chris, Ohio

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011 - 11:20:35 PM »
That sucks. I can't stand people like that. But in general, it seems there are more and more people like this around.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011 - 04:15:51 AM »
ask him to pay the upgrade mabee he will give some of your cash back.

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011 - 04:47:41 AM »
I'll go against the grain here ... despite how things went down, pay the remaining $65, shrug it off and consider it a lesson learned.

A couple hundred bucks mightn't be insignificant, but it's nothing compared to constantly being at odds with a neighbour. Confront them about it and, regardless of whomever is in the right, you may find yourself at the other end of an ongoing nightmare.

Just leave it be.

If anything of the sort happens again, be the good neighbour and agree to pay if at fault - but insist that you handle it. Tell them you know a guy and he can sort it out. Even if you don't "know a guy", say it's so, do the research and organising yourself.

Offline Tonefiend

• ▬▬▬▬ ♫ ♠ ♫ ▬▬▬▬
  • '70 Challenger
    • Ian A. Guitars
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011 - 05:01:25 AM »
I pulled a bonehead move while grilling up some meat.  I put the grill right up against a dual pane window. After a few minutes, the heat shattered it. The glass was about 2' x 3'. O I had a glass company come out and replace it. It looks like a pain in the butt. It's took the guy about an hour. The price was $235.

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011 - 08:35:28 AM »
So you must think your kids did do it, if you are paying up, right?  IE you know they had them out and were playing with them?

I was in a similar situation......

I have a BB gun and used to play with it......in my back yard.

Well, a long while after I put the thing away (what with having kids I dont like having it accessible and I really dont need it), my neighbor comes and asks me if I still have a BB gun.  I said I did...he tells me that someone shots some BBs into his pool....right thru the side.    It was a side not facing my place, and he is on the side of my house, not in back.  Guess he thought I did it?   I said "sorry to hear that" and moved on.  I knew it wasnt me.

Anyways, he replaced his pool under insurance....(still not sure why he couldnt have just repaired the liner, but thats another issue)...turns out he finds out later it was a neighbor kid up the street who was pissed that he fenced off his yard and so the local kids couldnt cut through it anymore.

That solved THAT mystery.

How large was the window?

Unless you knew for sure that your kids did it or were playing with that BB gun recently, I wouldnt have offered to pay.

That all said, you already did ...but $565 to replace a pane of glass is ridiculous and he is taking advantage of you unless its a HUGE pane of glass.

ANY pane of glass can be replaced by a pro....the window type is irrelevant.

What I would bet happened was it was an old POS window to begin with....he called a glass place and they said "We can replace the glass but it will cost $250 and would be better to replace the whole unit since its old and crappy and we cannot guarantee our work on an old crappy window. A new window unit would only be $500...."  He figures "Well its his kids' fault I have to even have it done so he should eat the cost of the whole deal." which we all know isn't the way it works.

Ask to see the estimate for having the pane replaced and THAT is what you should pay.  Better yet, take the old window yourself to a glass place and ask for an estimate, then you will know.

As far as paying it to avoid a nightmare...well, this kind of neighbor will be an issue going forward once he knows you will submit.

Better hope he doesn't get a rock chip in his car's glass or something....he'll be at your doorstep again saying "Hey, you still cutting your grass with a mower? I think you kicked up a stone....."

:2cents: