Author Topic: Gotta vent! GRRRRRRR!  (Read 7551 times)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Gotta vent! GRRRRRRR!
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011 - 08:57:13 AM »
Ya the window was 2-3 years old and 30" X 65" so somewhat big. I'm pretty sure( 80% ?) it wa my kids that did it, they shoot into a shelter for my firewood and might have had one get outta the backstop. Mind you my neighbour on the other side has a hole in his too but it came from the far side of his houe no where near were the boys were shooting. There is a forest on that side. I only let them shoot when I'm around, otherwise they are locked up in my gun locker. I told him about my neighbour and the window thing and his reply was " oh one of those kinda guys huh, nice!" I then asked him if maybe my kids somehow did that to his window, he replied no as it came from the forest side no were near were the boys were shooting..?
 I'll just give it a few days then go over hand him the remaining $65 , then ask "hey I noticed the window you got opens and the other did not. How much extra did the upgraded window cost over a standard picture window? " or something to that effect. Then see what he says...? Either way I'll sleep good at night knowing I did the right thing!  I figure I'm only responsible for my actions.... not anyone elses. ( other than my kids! LOL)
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011 - 10:34:38 PM »
Wow ! It sure didn't go well!
I see him out in the yard so I go over and hand him the remaining $65. Then I say hey I noticed the original window didn't open and the one you got does. He replies " ya it was just an extra $40" (I had looked online at Lowes and saw his sized window for $118 on sale. ) So I told him that, adding I understand that price doesn't include labor.  He then just explodes yelling at the top of his lungs " your a fu-ken dick" like 3 times then starts towards me!
Now I'm getting pissed but I kept my cool pretty good. I refuse to be intimidated by him though, even though I'm SO not a scrapper! I repeated what he said as a question. Then said hey lets just settle down and look at the facts.
First and foremost, you have been paid $565
second- I imediatly without questioning accepted responsibility for it when there is a chance it wasen't my kids doing and explain about my other neighbours window. Adding I had the balls to do the right thing as we are neighbours and all! I could have been a dick and said nope waen't my kids, but I didn't
third- you took advantage and upgraded at my expence, and I'm a fuc-en dick?
By now the neighbours are all out in the front yard watching it all. My poor wife is having kittens about it all.
So he says I'll phone my window guy and you can talk to him. Like I really want to bother with that!
I was hooking up the travel trailer to the Suburban as we were heading out camping.
So he all pissy heads back to his house.
I go over to tell my neighbour across the road to watch over the place as we are going away for a ferw days. We always do that around here as everyone watches out for each other. :thumbsup:
I'm just walking back and he see's me talking to the neighbour and he calls me over and says" my window guy screwed me, and that window was 2X a normal one." Says something about I owe you $200 . I say ok thanks, lets not worry about it now, lets settle it after I get back from holidays.
I've seen him 4-5 times in his yard while I'm working on the Challenger, doesn't say a word to me! ::) I've been back like 5 days now and no cash yet!  :grinno:   I'm not holding my breath that I'll ever see it! :walkaway:

I'm thinking he got pissed/embarrassed when I called him on it, hence his responce?
Some people huh!
I'd give almost anyone the shirt of my back, but it you try to steal it, then I have a problem with that! :nono:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011 - 10:48:22 PM »
That dude had a major corncob!!! Sounds like you handled it like adults and should pat yourself on the back.

Offline acudanut

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011 - 11:13:00 PM »
I'd say , prove it was my kid...

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011 - 11:45:05 PM »
Brad, i gotta give you credit my friend you are a stand up kinda guy. You paid in full for what for your youngins may have done so you do the right thing d and instead your neibor tries to take advantage of a situation and you call him out on it.  And instead he gets pissy and and more or less calls you an a$$ ---e. Thats enough to tell me he took advantage of you   :swear:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011 - 11:47:47 PM »
Post a sign in your yard with a count of how many days pass since he said he'd pay the $200. Update every morning before your leave for work.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011 - 12:07:32 AM »
Must be a Canadian tng..............
Next time u see wats his face say u need the 200 for a new dragnippelthrust link for your challenger. :2cents:
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011 - 06:17:33 AM »
NEXT THE TOOL LEAVES  SHOOT THE DAMN WINDOW OUT AGAIN 

Offline Cuda54

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011 - 07:21:44 AM »
You payed up right away what the ___ is he waiting for to pay it back? Is he collecting intrest on you money first. I would walk over and get your money and put up a high fence. But first I wouuld go out early some day and open the headers and have trouble getting it out of the drive way. If he sayes anything to you say his dog ripped you muffler off when you ran over him and you want him to buy you new ones full length of course. Or work late on tune ups on the driveway.

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011 - 07:53:07 AM »
maybee he doesnt have the cash at the moment and needs to get paid first.sounds like you did the right thing to me ,hope you get your cashsoon

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011 - 08:41:12 AM »
Brad, have to hand it to you the way you are treating the situation.  :thumbsup:

At least you know what type of guy he is and will know for future reference.

Do you have a fence between yards?  I like fences, tall fences.   :2cents:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011 - 10:35:39 AM »
Was it Mark Twain who said, "Great fences make for great neighbors"?
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011 - 10:36:42 AM »
You went further than you had to , at least you can sleep at night !
I usually give people enough rope to hang themselves but if they screw me we are done for good .
I Like midnight cam breakins with uncapped headers !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011 - 11:26:32 AM »
You went further than you had to , at least you can sleep at night !
I usually give people enough rope to hang themselves but if they screw me we are done for good .
I Like midnight cam breakins with uncapped headers !!

yep,
that'll work too, but might also pi$$ off your good neighbors.
Sounds like you handled it well.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011 - 11:29:42 AM »
First time a neighbor p!ssed me off, I decided it was time to learn how to play the electric guitar.  Been playing for over 30 years now.   :ylsuper: