Author Topic: How many times have yall changed what you wanted to do with your build?  (Read 3036 times)

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
Re: How many times have yall changed what you wanted to do with your build?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011 - 03:27:41 PM »
You mean how amny times a day?  :smilielol: I`m always wanting to redo/change/upgrade something but time and money prevent most of it from happening.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011 - 06:42:13 PM »
Wow,, thanks yall. I was really looking for a little reassurance, considering I think I have changed my ideas at least a dozen times. Making sure I'm not crazy lol :screwy:
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline joelson6

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011 - 09:25:50 PM »
well for restoring my '72, there was only gonna be one end result.

it was, how many times i changed my mind with how to get to that end result.

i think it was 3 times  :naughty:

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011 - 11:21:22 PM »
From the get go, I was doing an AAR clone in Lime Light with a vinyl top.  What has changed were what details I was going to try not to replicate.  Since I'm doing a transformation over model years (mine is a 72), there are some 70 specific details that I am going to not do - such as the way the fuel lines are routed.

My over all goal has not varried, just how I was going to get there has.

Sean

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011 - 11:23:53 PM »
Changing my mind is practically a sickness for me.  That's the #1 reason I can't seem to make much progress on the Roadrunner.  I really tried not to do the same with the Barracuda, but after owning it for 18 months I'm in the exact same spot.  I've bought 2, 3, 4 of everything it seems.  I'm not going to sell anything until I decide which way I'm going but it sure spreads my money around without a whole lot of progress to the car itself.  I bought the Barracuda with every intention of restomodding it into something like a pro touring car without the 20" rims, especially since it was an odd color (mist green) and 'only' a 318/904 car.  But once I started working on it to just get it everyday driveable I really started to appreciate how unmolested it is, really, really stock.  So I still haven't decided whether I'm going to stay with the 318 or go with a 340, stay with the 904 or go with either a beefier 727 or a 4/5 speed.  I can't even decide if I'm going to leave the 73 bumper & guards or go with the cleaner looking 72 bumpers & brackets, etc. etc. etc.  I need to make up my mind soon and then have a heck of a 'yard' sale.

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline joelson6

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011 - 09:09:19 AM »

Changing my mind is practically a sickness for me.

have you gotten help for that?  :lol:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011 - 02:13:14 PM »
With my Chall I have owned it for 31 years now & I had decided to do the black Bumble bee  stripe , then I took the car apart & the broadcast sheet shows up ARRRg , so I check with a few registries ,no FC7 Purple Challs with a T6 Bronze tail stripe  :banghead:
OK I will restore it properly , it is a real R/T SE 4 spd car after all & the only one with that color combo know to exist
so it come to the engine ... my #s engine is gone so it will have the wrong engine no matter what I do , so ...... do I find a 69 #383 block & do it stock , or do the 438 " stroker in the 383 block .... or use a 400 block , I have a killer 250 casting sitting & di the 451 stroker build , this was my first choice as it still looks like a 383 !! Or go big & do the 512 /440 build , I have all the parts sitiing to do the 512 as I was going to put it into the Charger ...... what to do ??  I made my mind up at the machine shop , I had the parts for the 451 except pistons & all the parts for the 512 , I had not located a 69 383 block though !!
 I was going to do the 8 3/4 until I got it out of th ecar ... it was in bad condition , so find another housing or just build a dana , easy choice , with the power the stroker will make it is a no brainer to build a dana for it , sure it is not original , but it can be swapped back in in minutes , I have the longer driveshaft still !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t