Author Topic: sub frame connectors  (Read 1774 times)

Offline johnny-d

• Death is certain, Life is not - think about it
sub frame connectors
« on: December 31, 2004 - 09:30:16 PM »
 :worthless:
I am looking for good pictures of some home-made/self-engineered connectors I can replicate since it looks like the historicals I have seen in the past were deleted at some point.

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
Re: sub frame connectors
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004 - 10:18:36 PM »

Offline johnny-d

• Death is certain, Life is not - think about it
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004 - 10:34:11 PM »
 :) Many thanks for the quick response with pictures - although I was hoping not to have to cut the floor this'll definately work & give me good point of reference for mine.  :thumbs:

Plum6Pak

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005 - 06:22:31 PM »
:worthless:
I am looking for good pictures of some home-made/self-engineered connectors I can replicate since it looks like the historicals I have seen in the past were deleted at some point.

There are other threads on this site that talk about this, here is the link for some of my pics.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/smf/index.php?topic=7489.0

These might not be very good pictures, hope they can help you, let me know if you want some full size pics or dimensions etc. I am very happy with how these came out. These were home fabbed and installed.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005 - 07:05:35 PM »
I use 1" x 2" .125 wall retangular tube , put a cut in them to match the floor contour & weld them in tight to the floor , you will barely even see them , but you will  feel them 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005 - 08:39:08 PM »
Since jonny-d brought it up I'm thinking of making my own sub frame commectors too, so the more pics and input the better

Offline MAXcuda

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2005 - 09:59:59 PM »
I have thought about this and done some research.  I have a bunch of pics from where one of the guys over at moparts installed some on a roadrunner or GTX (cant remember which).  I can send you those when I get my other computer going again.   :banghead: 

question for you CP, how do SFCs compare to factory style torque boxes as far as seat of the pants stiffness feel?  I had sort of decided to go with torque boxes as I wanted to avoid cutting the floor.  (not trying to hijack this thread, just thought this would be relevant to the original question)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005 - 10:07:16 PM »
really they serve a different purpose , the torque box just stiffens where the spring meets the frame
 the SFC ties the car together & you feel it cornering as well

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005 - 09:41:08 AM »
Here are a few sub frame pics i have, hope it helps out a bit. It sure makes the car solid, and doesnt twist. I put my car on jack stands for the winter and used the floor jack, when i raise it up the entire side goes up when its put under just one wheel.

[attachment deleted by admin]