Author Topic: Please go on Facebook and vote for "Pinks" to come back on TV!  (Read 3836 times)

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
They have a page on Facebook to vote so they can bring the show back. I would love to have that show back on!
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline joelson6

Re: Please go on Facebook and vote for "Pinks" to come back on TV!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011 - 11:24:24 PM »
are you kidding me, i'm glad it's gone. it was good in the beginning. but when the Pritchett brothers left the show.
it was all down hill from there. it was over produced and over rated. plus the moron the dropped his arms every
race was incredibly annoying. he acted like he was on speed all the time. (not the channel  :roflsmiley:)

now Pass Time, that a good show  :2thumbs:

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011 - 11:37:07 PM »
 :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:  :swear: morons,,,,,,,,,,,,
 :swear: facebook
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011 - 11:43:03 PM by AARuFAST »
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011 - 12:21:00 AM »
Really? I liked it, even until the end. Mainly the All Out ones. But I did like the show. Not sure who the pritchett brothers are...
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011 - 01:30:19 AM »
are you kidding me, i'm glad it's gone. it was good in the beginning. but when the Pritchett brothers left the show.
it was all down hill from there. it was over produced and over rated. plus the moron the dropped his arms every
race was incredibly annoying. he acted like he was on speed all the time. (not the channel  :roflsmiley:)

now Pass Time, that a good show  :2thumbs:
:iagree: Good riddons  :wave:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011 - 02:57:21 AM »
Personally I liked Pinks and Pass Time both. With Speed channel being a Nascar whore we are damn lucky to have any drag racing on TV. Remember how ABC butchered drag racing? You don't want to back to that ! ADRL racing ... now that can go in my opinion. Vote for it cuz the more drag racing you can get on TV the better it has to become to remain there. And who are the Pritchett bros.?
Do we have someone who didn't make the cutoff??? :banghead:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011 - 03:00:44 AM by OUTLAW »

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011 - 07:31:33 AM »
Personally I liked Pinks and Pass Time both. With Speed channel being a Nascar whore we are damn lucky to have any drag racing on TV. Remember how ABC butchered drag racing? You don't want to back to that ! ADRL racing ... now that can go in my opinion. Vote for it cuz the more drag racing you can get on TV the better it has to become to remain there. And who are the Pritchett bros.?
Do we have someone who didn't make the cutoff??? :banghead:

:iagree: Any drag racing-especially grass roots/sportsman stuff is few and far between and Pinks was great for that kind of stuff giving us exposure on national tv.Pinks All Out is the one to bring back not the b!tch session/bulcrappingl the original Pinks was.I`ll watch Pinks All Out reruns anyday over what seems to be never ending 24/7  :blah:  Crapcar shows! Where else can you watch two homebiult drag cars raceheads up for $10,000? My only complaint about the show is they seem to go more with the big$ guys in the high 9/low 10 second class and got away from featuring the slower low budget cars.BTW Pritchard was a racer in one of the early Pinks and then became part of the show,his brother(who I didn`t like as much-  :sleeping:) was also added for timekeeping duties.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011 - 08:44:35 AM »
ok im dwn for that great show

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011 - 08:48:59 AM »
Um, no.....The ONLY time I thought Rich was worth watching I missed it...When he dumped that bike and it got played over and over and over..Moron who knows Nothing bout "Grass roots" type drag Racing..All PINKS did was give the high dollar guys a chance to get on TV....

I mean WTF wants to lose a $10K car? All because it hiccuped and coughed a worm at the starting line? Setting cars out 25 lengths? C'mon...Sh*t show, and good riddence..

Now they want to actually show real time drag racing in Grass roots type form, bring back the LOW DOLLAR cars running in the high 12's- Low 13's....

NO Nitrous, No Super high dollar Turbos'/ Superchargers, just good ole fashioned ingenuity...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011 - 08:50:31 AM by Cooter »
1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011 - 08:58:28 AM »
Not the original Pinks but Pinks All Out.No lenghts,no cars to lose just heads up racing for 10g.But I agree-bring back the 11,12,13 second classes.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline joelson6

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011 - 07:12:18 PM »
i have to admit, the concept is awesome, but..........................

for me it just got too commercial. and when something get's too commercial, it goes down the tubes!

i would have liked to see the all out show done with nobody in the stands. just the racers and 2 or 3 guys on each pit crew.

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011 - 07:49:36 PM »
I agree with many comments
-Speed channel has way too much Nascar and something else is great to watch as Ican't get enough car stuff on TV
-Not a huge fan of Rich Christenson
-I am not a huge fan of high buck race cars running low 9's Give us the 11+ classes, they are the grass roots racers
-Pass time is great

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011 - 09:18:28 PM »
I agree the early shows were jive crap! but these later shows with the 10 sec crowd is ok in my book. after all it is only a 1 hour show - how much 12 & 13 sec cars can you run thru in one hour. Also the fast 10 sec cars are what the majority of the audience has or wish they have. While at the track , how much time do you spend sitting and watching 12 13 & slower cars run unless you are one of them? :faint:

Also when they pick the cars to race they pick the 32 closest running cars (just so happens the faster guys are more consistant and closer together)

Reguardless if you agree or not the point is ... it is better to have grass roots drag racing than no racing at all. Only other thing on is ADLR . :scared: .. now there is a waste of tv time

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011 - 12:00:54 AM »
I agree the early shows were jive crap! but these later shows with the 10 sec crowd is ok in my book. after all it is only a 1 hour show - how much 12 & 13 sec cars can you run thru in one hour. Also the fast 10 sec cars are what the majority of the audience has or wish they have. While at the track , how much time do you spend sitting and watching 12 13 & slower cars run unless you are one of them? :faint:

Also when they pick the cars to race they pick the 32 closest running cars (just so happens the faster guys are more consistant and closer together)

Reguardless if you agree or not the point is ... it is better to have grass roots drag racing than no racing at all. Only other thing on is ADLR . :scared: .. now there is a waste of tv time
Hey outlaw i hear ya and i respect what you are driving at but its not what you might think. I have a good friend who should have made it for pinks all out at Norwalk last year but instead he wasn't the chosen one for some reason  :dunno: My point is its a joke and like anything else its about trying to get ratings.  They have THIER picks  :2cents: 
Dennis,Ohio

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011 - 12:40:19 AM »
Anyone ever see the episode of pinks where the jacked bald dude dumped his bike showing off to the crowd? It was ******* intense.  Best episode I ever saw... other than that, the pink slips was the cool part.  It got lame after a while, but
I still liked seeing the outnumbered mopars occasionally make it to the top 16