2012 Calendar Submissions - DEADLINE OCTOBER 2nd

Author Topic: 2012 Calendar Submissions - DEADLINE OCTOBER 2nd  (Read 12238 times)

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
2012 Calendar Submissions - DEADLINE OCTOBER 2nd
« on: July 26, 2011 - 08:52:36 PM »
2012 Cuda-Challenger Calendar Submissions & Rules  :picture:

As always, the plan is to have calendars to everyone by the end of December. To make that happen we need to get things right going in, so please read everything below. I've tried to condense and clean up from last year, so this should be an easier read.

1.   Take a new picture of your Cuda/Challenger (or both).  This can be an A-body Barracuda, and E-body Barracuda or Challenger, or a current design Challenger.
•   Use your camera’s highest resolution. Shoot for a pixel count on the longest side that is around 3000; this is roughly the equivalent of 6 megapixels. If you don’t know how to do this, check with me (David, e-mail below) or send me a test image.
•   The resolution issue really can’t be stressed enough. You can take a low-res image and enlarge it, but you don’t gain any resolution in the process; you just get a larger, fuzzier image. We need good enough resolution to get good output from which to print. So, if you don’t learn anything else about your camera, know what its highest resolution is, and how to set it for that resolution.
•   Another thing that may be an issue, if you use Outlook, is that it may ask if you want to resize the image when you send it. This is almost always making the image smaller so it will transmit more quickly. If you see this pop-up, then select “Keep image original size” from the drop-down.

2.   The subject of the picture is your car; it has to be your car you submit. 
•   You do not have to be the photographer, only the owner of the car(s) in question.
•   No people in the shots, like, say, gorgeous models.
•   No Photoshopping to change the nature of the shot.
      o   This refers to things like putting your car with the Eiffel Tower or similar tricks. If you want a shot of your car at the Eiffel Tower, ship it to Paris and take the shot  :lol:
      o   You can correct brightness, contrast and color cast. (Don’t worry too much about this, though. Your friendly neighborhood calendar team will also be paying attention to this. On the other hand, the better your shot looks for voting, the more votes it’s likely to get.)
•   Please don’t crop the image. If you want the final image to be cropped, either indicate how you would like it cropped or send a separate cropped image. We sometimes need all the resolution we can get, and cropping an image will reduce the pixel count, as well as throwing off the aspect ratio (and you thought that term only applied to tires, didn’t you?).

3.   Include the following information with your submission:
•   Your first name
•   Your board name (e.g., ChallengerHK)
•   The model year(s) of the car(s)
•   Any special model designations (e.g., RT, Gran Coupe)
•   Your preferred month if you have one (no guarantees, but we’ll try)

4.   Submit your picture by midnight, Sunday OCTOBER 2nd, 2011 in order to enter the contest.

5.   Voting will start on Sunday October 16th for the 13 main photos (1 for each month and a back cover image).  We will have voting open for 14 days (thru October 30th).

Send submissions and/or questions to:

Rdwaryer at aol dot com

I will confirm receipt of every submission. If you haven’t heard from me in a couple of days, resend or e-mail and ask. If I’m going to be out of town, I’ll post a note in this thread.

We also need other shots for the fun stuff on each page: works-in-progress, engines, details, etc. These are not voted on, and used at the production team's discretion, but I think they really make the final product a lot nicer.

Orders will be taken from the time of voting, October 2nd through November 15th.  We will order enough calendars for those that place an order between that time frame and then a few extras for any late comers or if people decide they want more. (A lot of folks want to order a calendar only if their car will appear in it. This schedule tries to make that possible. The flip side is that we can’t guarantee a price until we have the number of calendars set, so the price that will be set will be an estimate.)

Good luck and have fun  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011 - 10:26:57 PM by ChallengerHK »

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
Re: 2012 Calendar Submissions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011 - 09:58:59 AM »
One of three things has happened.

1. I was incredibly clear writing this
2. Everybody thinks it's wrong to post here
3. Nobody's thinking about calendar submissions yet

Questions: ask 'em if you got 'em  :bigsmile:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline EB3-GranCoupe

• BP23 U0B
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011 - 12:46:21 PM »
Do you want "other" pictures, like engine compartment, close-ups, etc for infill area of the calendar?  i really liked that about the 2011 calendar!

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011 - 01:10:48 PM »
Yes, and thanks for reminding me of that. I'll modify the initial post with that data, but yes, engines, works-in-progress, details, etc., is all good.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline mopar210

Re: 2012 Calendar Submissions - DEADLINE OCTOBER 2nd
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011 - 09:28:25 AM »
IS SOMTHING LIKE THIS ACCEPTABLE ? old school hemi with a 70 challenger in the backround , or old school hot rod with challenger faded out . i got tons !

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011 - 10:15:12 AM »
First off, that engine looks sweet. Thanks for sharing. I love those old mills.

In terms of the calendar, my thought is that a shot like that might be appropriate for the extras EB3 was asking about above. Whether or not they'd actually be used depends on things like the the number of slots available, their sizes and shapes, etc. Since we really do focus on the Barracudas and Challengers, I think the odds would be better if the Challenger was, if not the focus of the shot, at least either fully on display, or shown in a way that made it immediately obvious, e.g., showing the engine if front of the car and having the Challenger emblem somewhat prominent. If you wanted to enter something for the main calendar pages, I'd try to stage something where the Challenger is definitely prominent and dominating the composition, and perhaps have the engine and/or the hot rod off to the side or in the background.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011 - 09:39:14 AM »
We have our first submission! And I'm expecting another pair over the next week.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011 - 10:12:55 AM »
I am going to do my best to get a shot for this year.

On a side note, it would be pretty cool to maybe throw in a couple small photos of junkyard cars or something.

Last year, the truck site had 1 "nice" truck calender and 1 for salvage vehicles.

Either way, it is cool to have a calender.

:bananasmi

Now I need to get creative!  :picture:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011 - 10:46:28 AM »
Junkyard shots can easily go in with the work-in-progress shots. Good idea.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline 72ls5fla

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011 - 05:23:02 PM »
sent final pics to you ....

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011 - 05:35:33 PM »
sent final pics to you ....

Got'em. I'll confirm your e-mail later as well. thanks, Bill.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011 - 07:32:49 PM »
Dave you can use the pics i sent you for car of the month if you want for my calendar submission.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline Morris'_Mopars

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011 - 10:52:32 PM »
not sure if it has been asked yet but can a member submit pictures of more than one car? I was thinking of my 70 and 71 barracudas...
Morris' Mopars LLC
Raymond, Illinois
Mopar performance at affordable prices.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011 - 10:58:30 PM »
not sure if it has been asked yet but can a member submit pictures of more than one car? I was thinking of my 70 and 71 barracudas...

We had multiple members who submitted multiple cars last year, so I'm gonna say yes  :grinyes:

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011 - 10:54:23 AM »
Dave you can use the pics i sent you for car of the month if you want for my calendar submission.

michele

Michele, I sent the two 800 wide pics to 4 Cruizin for the COTM.

- Han Solo, Star Wars