Author Topic: ANYBODY WANT A CHALLENGE???72 CUDA NEEDS LOTS OF TLC  (Read 2826 times)

Offline MOPARMAN573

• LIFETIME MOPAR NUT. LOVE THOSE BIG-BLOCKS
ANYBODY WANT A CHALLENGE???72 CUDA NEEDS LOTS OF TLC
« on: January 02, 2005 - 12:20:21 AM »
I RECENTLY CAME ACROSS A ROUGH 72 340 'CUDA THAT HAS BEEN RESIDING IN A BARN IN KENTUCKY FOR A LONG TIME. THE CAR WILL NEED 1/4'S, TRUNK PAN AND LEFT FRONT FRAME RAIL REPLACED. THE INTERIOR IS MOSTLY THERE EXCEPT FOR THE CONSOLE. SOMEONE DECIDED TO ATTEMPT FENDER FLARES MADE WITH ABOUT 2 GALLONS OF BONDO SO THE 1/4'S WILL HAVE TO BE REPLACED. THERE IS A 440 IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW, I AM UNSURE OF THE YEAR DUE TO THE D**N RAIN WON'T STOP. THE MOTOR WAS SUPPOSEDLY REBUILT AND NEVER RUN, USE YOUR OWN JUDGMENT ON THAT, BUT DOES LOOK CLEAN. I'LL TRY TO FIRE IT UP IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS AND LET Y'ALL KNOW. I'LL SEND PICS TO WHOMEVER IS INTERESTED BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A PROJECT AND I'D PREFER ONLY THOSE WITH THE ABILITY TO DO THE REPAIRS TO REQUEST PICS. I TAKES A LONG TIME TO SEND THEM ON MY PC. I AM INTO THIS CAR FOR AROUND $4000 AND I FIGURE IT'LL TAKE AROUND $3500-5000 TO GET IT INTO STREETABLE CONDITION. AT THE RATE E-BODIES ARE ESCALATING, THIS MAY NOT BE SUCH A BAD DEAL. I HAVE TOO MANY OTHER IRONS IN THE FIRE RIGHT NOW, BUT I'M STILL NOT READY TO GIVE IT AWAY. I'LL PROBABLY REGRET SELLING IT AS IT IS MY ONLY E-BODY RIGHT NOW. MY PHONE IS 573-204-1666 ABD E-MAIL IS awschlimme@aol.com. THE CAR IS IN SOUTHEAST MISSOURI RIGHT NOW.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: ANYBODY WANT A CHALLENGE???72 CUDA NEEDS LOTS OF TLC
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005 - 12:02:02 PM »
Welcome MM573.  That sounds like a decent car, why don't you just post a couple pics here and that'll save you the trouble of sending pics to everyone who just wants to look!   :grinyes:  I was checking out your avatar, is this your car too??

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline MOPARMAN573

• LIFETIME MOPAR NUT. LOVE THOSE BIG-BLOCKS
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005 - 07:31:38 PM »
I don't really know how to post any pics. Anybody out there got any ideas? When I put my Roadrunner on, It got too big as far as I can see on my pc. As to the question, I traded this car off a couple months ago. Right now we have an 86 Cutlass T-Top with a 69 350 Rocket, an 86 Ram shortbed with a 67 383, and a 70 Buick Skylark 455 Stage 1. I need to sell the "Cuda to buy a 67 Satellite to put the 440 in. The Runner had a .060 over 440, twin 600 Holley's, twin 150 Nitrous kits, and all the other goodies to make 700 plus horsepower. Love my Mopars but, the Buick still took it on the street in a stoplight to stoplight run. Traction was definately an issue for the Mopar. But give the Stage it's due, 550 ft/lb of torque ain't easy to get around. Besides that, least it wasn't a ferd or chitvy.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005 - 09:57:56 PM »
MM573  Try this.

When you're posting a reply, cLick on "Additional options" go to the attach box and click "Browse"  Then go into your computer and find the photo you want to attach.  Click on it and then hit "open" and the file should appear next to the browse tab.  Check the requirements under the attach area to make sure your file is the correct format and size.  If you want to add more than one pic, click on where it says "more attachments" and additional boxes open up!  Hope this helps! 

Offline FEDEX

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005 - 06:39:18 PM »
email them to me, ill host them and post them here.

zx-10r@comcast.net

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005 - 11:33:59 PM »
I would be interested and I know my son would also.

Send me a message on this if you can or e-mail me.  I am in Tenn now.  My e-mail is ngclay@iwon.com
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline NorcalCuda

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006 - 10:38:18 PM »
Im thinking the car has been sold but wouldnt hurt to ask.

Thanks

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006 - 10:44:56 PM »
Norcal, I doubt that the seller looks at this thread anymore. You should probably send him a PM with that question.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........