Author Topic: Rotisserie question  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Bigfury

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Rotisserie question
« on: August 07, 2011 - 10:07:27 PM »
Have quite a bit of work to do to the bottom of my '73 Cuda.Being in the over the hill club,it's time to build an rotisserie.Knowing where abouts the center of gravity is top to bottom would make this MUCH easier.Plan on attaching to the bumper mounting location front and rear.The motor,tranny,rear and possible the K-member will be removed.The closer to the center the easier it will be to build the rotesserie.And for what ever reason I am unable to look at jpics.Thanks for the help in advance.

Offline larry4406

Re: Rotisserie question
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011 - 05:57:13 AM »
The axis of rotation for a balanced cuda is approximately along a line thru the tail panel gas filler hole and about 11 inches down from the top of the radiator core support.  This from a 72 cuda hardtop with no drive train or rear axle but with k-frame in and front suspension.  Surprisingly, a vert has very similar location.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011 - 06:22:31 AM by larry4406 »

Offline Bigfury

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011 - 06:31:54 AM »
Thank you that will be a great help to ease the design of this project.Gee now there is projects for the projects.

Offline Bigfury

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011 - 07:12:10 PM »
So if I were to remove the K-member would it more the center of gravity up closer to the top of rad support.Hopefully the Labor Day weekend she will be spinning,(HOPEFULLY). :woohoo:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011 - 08:01:07 PM »
if you made an L bracket on the center so it could adjust up & down from center you could virtually balance it 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Skunkworks Challenger

• Mopars forever!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011 - 08:30:45 PM »
if you made an L bracket on the center so it could adjust up & down from center you could virtually balance it
Neil is right a usual.  From one who built a rotisserie I can tell you every thing you take off or add on will change the balance.  A K-frame is a heavy object and will definitely make a big difference in balance.  Both ends need to be adjustable for C/G because the swivel points need to be kept parallel to prevent binding and wobble as you rotate.  PK
The Brewmaster