Author Topic: Turn signals not working  (Read 838 times)

Offline burnoutking-1

Turn signals not working
« on: August 11, 2011 - 02:39:15 PM »
Hello,

So here's the deal. Signal lights don't work. Hazards do. Swapped flashers to see if that was the culprit...same thing. So of course I went and bought a new signal switch thinking it was faulty, but like any problem, it seems the first thing you throw at it never fixes it.

So what is my next move? I don't remember for sure, but I was pretty sure they worked when I bought the car and was checking that kinda stuff out.

Just think its odd why the hazards would work and not the signals, since they use the same lights and wires, just different switches and flashers. And since the switch and flasher is good........ checked the fuses also.

Any ideas?????????

It's a '74 challenger.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Turn signals not working
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011 - 05:25:18 PM »
Welcome aboard here.   :wave:

I'll say your logic makes sense thru all this confusion.  I would have swaaped out the turn signal switch too. So taking into account they signals MIGHT have never worked, have you checked that you have 1157 light bulbs in all the sockets? It only takes one incorrect bulb to throw a monkey wrench into it all.

Admittedly that is a weak guess, but someone has to be first.   :grinyes:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011 - 08:14:39 PM »
Very odd , both are simple circuits , the power comes from the fuse to the flasher , goes up the column to the switch & out to the taillights so my reasoning is trace power from the fuse to the flasher & from the flasher to the column plug , I suspect there is a problem with the connection at the base of the column feed power to the TS switch

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline burnoutking-1

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011 - 12:59:04 PM »
Thanks for the Welcome, glad to be here.

Bulbs are good. I figured out I don't have power to the flasher, and I thought that came from the switch, which is why I replaced that. Fuses are good. So I guess the next place to look would be the back of the fusebox too see if anything somehow got disconnected or anything melted.

Thanks.