Author Topic: Free pat on the back for whoever solves my fuel starvation issue!!!!  (Read 13815 times)

Offline PlumCraZRT

• My Challenger's Crappy Website
Re: Free pat on the back for whoever solves my fuel starvation issue!!!!
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2011 - 11:53:00 AM »
Well, I hate to say you told me so, but you did...my mechanic said the pumps looked clean, but when he ran them, they did not hold pressure.  upon closer inspection with a magnifying glass, the pre filter screen was almost completely clogged, on both filters.  He said the debris is so small, it was passing right through the fuel sending unit sock.  Sooo the tank evidently needs to be addressed.  Thank you all for your assistance and help with this problem.

Who gets the pat on the back?!
mmmmm.... Mopar.... *drool*

Offline challngd73

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2011 - 11:59:52 AM »
Who gets the pat on the back?!
Haha, probably would be djvcuda, or strawdawg, or chrycho, or... You get the idea.

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2011 - 01:38:34 PM »
Certainly not me...:D

Glad you got it figured out!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2011 - 04:29:42 PM »
The "sock" on the sending unit can filter out anything bigger than 50 microns. That leaves a window for rust particles or whatever to pass thru if they are small enough.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2011 - 04:48:28 PM »
Well, I hate to say you told me so, but you did...my mechanic said the pumps looked clean, but when he ran them, they did not hold pressure.  upon closer inspection with a magnifying glass, the pre filter screen was almost completely clogged, on both filters.  He said the debris is so small, it was passing right through the fuel sending unit sock.  Sooo the tank evidently needs to be addressed.  Thank you all for your assistance and help with this problem.
So you don't run a pre-filter before the pump?  I run the sending unit filter, then a regular fuel filter before the pump. After the pump, I run a fuel injection filter with the 3/8 barb on one end and a compression fitting on the other.

Glad you got it figured out.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline challngd73

« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2011 - 10:11:41 AM »
 :canada:
So you don't run a pre-filter before the pump?  I run the sending unit filter, then a regular fuel filter before the pump. After the pump, I run a fuel injection filter with the 3/8 barb on one end and a compression fitting on the other.

Glad you got it figured out.
I run what came with the kit, it has a pre pump screen I guess, then a post pump filter.  I will now run a filter before the pump as well.

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2011 - 05:38:13 PM »
Haha, probably would be djvcuda, or strawdawg, or chrycho, or... You get the idea.
thats 3 pats on the back owed ........
MOPARTECH.NET ( come over and visit some time )
RESTO PICTURES
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=71096.30