Author Topic: Free book for review.  (Read 1983 times)

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
Free book for review.
« on: August 16, 2011 - 01:59:29 AM »
Hey folks, this site has been my main automotive community for a long time. I've been a member for almost 10 years (not sure when it started). There is a great bunch of folks on here and very willing to help when needed. I'm looking for help.

Some of you already know about my book (see sig), I'm in need of getting the word out in the form of some reviews. Amazon is a good place but I'd love to get some review articles on some well traveled sites such as magazines. I've got some copies I'll give away (including shipping) in return for a review. This would be a complete review, not simply a few sentences.

I'd love to give copies to everyone who asks but financially I can't. If you're willing, make your pitch to convince me to send you a copy. Bonus points if you can get me a review on a popular site, something like Hot Rod would be very cool. I'd send you and them a copy for that. I am OK with a good Amazon review.

Required e-body content. Since my Challenger budget comes from doing things outside of the family budget, this would help get the car done sooner.

Thanks in advance,
Ron.

Offline D70challenger

Re: Free book for review.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011 - 05:19:45 AM »
Have you ever asked any companies about carrying your book? such as classic industries maybe? I doubt you live as close to Classic Ind. as I do, but when I go to pick up parts it can take 30 minutes while they put your order together. They have a shelf of books for sale in the showroom. While they put together customers orders, customers cant help but skim through those books. And seems that the people who are at Classic Ind. are your kind of audience. Just a thought might want to think about.

1970 Dodge Challenger
2005 Ford Mustang

Offline chrisnj

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011 - 06:15:58 AM »
I bought one when it first came out here on this site. All I can say is it's great! Very different perspective on showing, and a real help for the restoration process. It gives good insite as to how the final product should be. Great book!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011 - 10:40:33 AM »
do you want to send a copy to Panama ?

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011 - 10:50:42 AM »
Post the book on Faxon

www.faxonautolit.com

Offline joef89

• 74 Challenger RT
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011 - 11:45:50 AM »
may not be the best way but take copys of your book with you to car shows, i would love to read a book about getting the best edge possible for carshows. i am at a disadvantage where i live because people dont know what a mopar is and if they do they believe that my challenger is a charger.

Offline spamtank

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011 - 09:11:55 PM »
Ron,

I write reviews on a site called epinions.  I'd be happy to post a review there for you.

http://www.epinions.com/user-k1rdm

Check it out, and let me know it it's worthy... :worshippy

Cheers, Rick in NH
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline captcolour

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011 - 09:33:45 PM »
Just bought a copy at Amazon.  Will post a review there after I receive the book.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011 - 08:53:43 AM »
If you're in a metropolitan area, check into being a guest on radio shows, or part of the human interest pieces on morning news. They love visuals, so see if a buddy would bring a car you could show off at the same time and walk around it to explain some of your high points.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline peterro

• The Pistonhead
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011 - 12:40:39 AM »
Hey, thanks for all the responses. I especially appreciate captcolour for buying a copy. I'll probably use all your recommendations in one way or another. I'll PM those for more details to get a book out.

If there are others interested I'm still open for a bit.

Thanks again.

Offline captcolour

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011 - 08:58:45 PM »
Might want to check with PJ's Auto Literature to see if they would be interested in offering your book for sale at shows they do and/or on their web.  I know he goes to the Mecum auction in Indy.  Don't know where else he goes.  But a venue like that with that traffic might be a good place to sell some copies.  E-mail is pjsautolit@aol.com.  Website is pjsautolit.com.  If Paul isn't interested, he may have some ideas for you.

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011 - 09:54:51 PM »
I'd be happy to post a review, and if you still have some copies to send out that would be great.  Any chance I can get the author to sign it?  ;)

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011 - 11:16:55 AM »
I want to congratulate you on doing what I should have been & have been wanting to do .
 I have been asked / told I should get all my knowledge down on Paper as a resource for others , I never was much of a writer & should start organizing my info !!
 Maybe I don't have to now hopefully you did it for me !

Offline peterro

• The Pistonhead
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011 - 01:33:01 PM »
Thanks, but I think your set of knowledge is much different than mine. I never really liked writing much but I do like sharing info I have. I found that it's only a matter of sitting down, starting and being disciplined enough to complete the task. Like I've told my sons, it's like eating an elephant - one bite at a time. None of it is too difficult, it's just a lot.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011 - 11:47:20 PM »
the problem is I know what to do when I get into a situation but how do I bring that info to the surface when I do not need it ??