Author Topic: SE Ashtray Light  (Read 791 times)

Offline spamtank

SE Ashtray Light
« on: September 03, 2011 - 06:18:16 PM »
I just replaced the burned out light bulb in my 70 Challenger SE.  It still doesn't work.  Not that I'm a smoker and need it to work; I just want to have as many of the original features working as possible.

Does this light come on anytime the instrument lights are on?  Is it somehow switched when the ashtray is opened?  I'm about to pull the ashtray out of the dash again, but I'd like to know how this was intended to work.

Just like the trunk light, that didn't show a switch in the schematic, ended up being a mercury switch/socket, I don't want to get fooled by some 70's high tech trickery. 

Thanks,

Rick
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline Slotts

Re: SE Ashtray Light
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011 - 07:16:32 PM »
Nothing special about it. It connects to the orange accesory socket. Turns on and off with the parking lights.
You may want to check the socket opening for the light clips and make sure it is getting a good ground.

Slotts

Offline spamtank

Re: SE Ashtray Light
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011 - 07:31:24 PM »
Nothing special about it. It connects to the orange accesory socket. Turns on and off with the parking lights.
You may want to check the socket opening for the light clips and make sure it is getting a good ground.

Slotts

Thanks,  I just checked it again just now.  It turns out it's much dimmer than I expected, but it is working.  :walkaway:  I'll check the ground.  That might brighten it up.   :swaying:

Appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. :thumbsup:
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M