Author Topic: Sub Frame Connectors  (Read 935 times)

Offline mojavered

• Someday!
Sub Frame Connectors
« on: September 05, 2011 - 12:10:03 AM »
Wanted to install my frame connectors the other day when I had the Challenger up on the lift.  Put them up against the floor and noticed they stuck down quite far in the rear.  Cleaned up the seam at the floor pan to get a little extra height, not enough.  They are just like these ones.
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/maebo19.html
I bought them a couple of years ago and I know that there are many that fab their own, but was wondering about those that have used these.  In the rear, there is a hug gap (wish I took some pics) and hardly anything to bolt through on the thin, and I mean thin, piece that go around rear frame.  I removed the area required, but do you have to do some extra fabbing on them to bend it up and get more metal to go around the frame?  Any experience with these?  Thanks.
Jason

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
Re: Sub Frame Connectors
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011 - 11:41:13 AM »
Aren't the ones for Cudas about two inches shorter?  Is that the kinda gap you are talking about?

Offline mojavered

• Someday!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011 - 02:18:50 PM »
The gap is at the bottom of the frame between the end of the connector and the frame.  Like if you are looking at the back of the car, you can see a space top to bottom of about 1.5".  Took it off when I realized it was not going to go right on.   Hoping someone else has some experience with these.
Jason

Offline mojavered

• Someday!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011 - 02:20:55 PM »
Aren't the ones for Cudas about two inches shorter?
Actually, they give you the same ones for both.  It comes with instructions though on how you are supposed to cut an area out for Challengers or cut the end off for Cudas'.
Jason

Offline Aracer

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011 - 06:21:13 PM »
Mopar ones don't fit, you have to bend the rear part to the side, take a picture to show the problem.

Offline mojavered

• Someday!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011 - 12:35:32 AM »
I pulled them off because I did not have the time to mess with them.  I never drilled the holes in the rear because I saw that I was going to have to get a little creative to make them work.  They are back on the shelf staring at me every day now.
Jason