9/11 Ten Year Anniversary

Author Topic: 9/11 Ten Year Anniversary  (Read 2217 times)

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
9/11 Ten Year Anniversary
« on: September 09, 2011 - 01:36:39 PM »
Well it's been ten years since that horrible day. Just wanted to say Never Forget.
 :wavingflag:
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
Re: 9/11 Ten Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011 - 02:23:05 PM »
Glad we finally got Osama Bin Ladin.

Still...I find our whole reaction to 19 highjackers with boxcutters perplexing.  A war in Iraq, doubling the defense budget, massive bureaucracy with Homeland Security.

If were to get another terrorist attack like 9/11, would we react the same way?
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011 - 02:28:27 PM »
This morning one of the local radio stations was running clips of transmissions and news broadcasts from 9/11, and some doofus called in to complain that they made him "feel bad." I called in after him to say that when I taught college, kids right out of high school had no idea what Pearl Harbor was, why it was important, who attacked whom, and what the outcome was. They weren't even sure that there was an associated war.

If we don't remember 9/11, it'll reach the same status.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011 - 02:41:22 PM »
This morning one of the local radio stations was running clips of transmissions and news broadcasts from 9/11, and some doofus called in to complain that they made him "feel bad." I called in after him to say that when I taught college, kids right out of high school had no idea what Pearl Harbor was, why it was important, who attacked whom, and what the outcome was. They weren't even sure that there was an associated war.

If we don't remember 9/11, it'll reach the same status.

I don't really equate Pearl Harbor to 9/11.

Pearl Harbor...I don't think was preventable, and it was a whole country that basically declared war.

9/11 was completely preventable if we had the kind of airport security/airplane security that Israel had/has.  Which makes me angry as hell to this day.
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Matt70

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011 - 05:18:27 PM »
I don't really equate Pearl Harbor to 9/11.

Pearl Harbor...I don't think was preventable, and it was a whole country that basically declared war.

9/11 was completely preventable if we had the kind of airport security/airplane security that Israel had/has.  Which makes me angry as hell to this day.

I don't think the American public would accept "real" security like at Ben Gurion. We whine and cry about pat downs and scanners. I have been through Ben gurion and it is no joke and nothing happens fast. Plus Israel has one airport we have hundreds the cost for their type of security would be steep. I agree with you though we could still improve our security overall the TSA is a joke.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011 - 05:52:35 AM »
 :wavingflag:   :rebel:  :canada:

-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011 - 11:31:48 AM »
10 years later and I still think jihad hadji has not learned his lesson and is long past time to ratchet it up a bit! I still don,t feel they learned anything about attacking America. I am talking about not being nice anymore!! Won,t get that out of the Apoligizer in chief so I guess we will have to wait!

That dog deserved a year supply of mik bones.

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011 - 12:21:23 PM »
I am talking about not being nice anymore!! Won,t get that out of the Apoligizer in chief so I guess we will have to wait!

More ignorant statements than ever.

our "Apologizer in chief" has launched and killed more terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan w/drones in 2 years than all of 8 years of your beloved Dubya.  Plus he finally got the head honcho; something Dubya didn't even care to do (he admitted it).

Why do  you hate Obama so much?  Maybe because he looks like he's from Kenya, right???
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011 - 12:29:56 PM »
   He as also succeded in stirring the pot pretty hard EGYPT, LIBYA sooner or later there will be another deadlier , costlier attack in lives and property at that point we need to treat it the same as we treated the nazi or the kamikazi, break out the flamethrower tanks and start a few old Mos's back up to speed. End it the same way we ended it in WWII with a few big firecrackers. Time will prove me right.

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011 - 12:35:13 PM »
     About Obama we will just have to wait and see come january 2013. Not too popular anymore, I do give him credit for not botching the fine job our Special forces did in killing Osama bin Ladin. But he has pretty much spent all his Capitol. Again Time will tell. See it is easy to respond without getting personal and emotional!

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011 - 06:47:51 PM »
More ignorant statements than ever.

our "Apologizer in chief" has launched and killed more terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan w/drones in 2 years than all of 8 years of your beloved Dubya.  Plus he finally got the head honcho; something Dubya didn't even care to do (he admitted it).

Why do  you hate Obama so much?  Maybe because he looks like he's from Kenya, right???

Don't you love it! Man, no one can admit the amount of mistakes that "W" made. How about WMD's in Iraq? Thats why we're still there right? 

Yeah, I don't think anyone has room to talk about "starting" wars. How about finishing them!  :chatting:

It is sad when people make such general and prejudice comments. Lets remember that all people that look the same aren't quite the same. Heaven forbid someone mistook me for a crazy clinic bomber, just for being white. Its the same as calling names and generalizing people based on a belief. I hae a friend from Pakistan that is one of the nicest people you could meet. I think that we need to remember what we are fighting for.

:wavingflag:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011 - 07:36:20 PM »
Well since we were attacked on 9/11 we have been losing alot of freedom and peace of mind, like being able to walk into an airport without getting procked by the goon squad. Until we get that freedom and peace of mind back we are not done in this fight. I won,t even respond to some of the other tired and old liberal talking points.

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011 - 05:29:29 AM »
Good numbers for the enemies of America to ponder.

Why the Japs didn’t invade the US mainland

After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941,
They could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California
To finish what they started.
The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a
Massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River .

Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships……
All fighting the Germans.

So, why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question.
Their answer……
They know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them..

The world’s largest army…. America ‘s hunters!
I had never thought about this….

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and
Arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number.
Over the last several months, Wisconsin ‘s hunters became the eighth
Largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran ..

More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt
With firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison

Now you know why the commie libs are always trying to disarm us and violate the 2nd with Horsehunch Gun control Laws.

Just One state !! Imagine all 50 Piffed off!! Never forget and Never surrender!!

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011 - 10:43:17 AM »
Well since we were attacked on 9/11 we have been losing alot of freedom and peace of mind, like being able to walk into an airport without getting procked by the goon squad. Until we get that freedom and peace of mind back we are not done in this fight. I won,t even respond to some of the other tired and old liberal talking points.

Just remember that if we would hae been poked & prodded before 9/11, we may not be remembering the tragedy at all. Thats it.  :wavingflag:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011 - 10:49:06 AM »
WRONG!!! That is not true the TSA is tested for bombs and guns and other items regularly and they Fail to find them most of the time.