Author Topic: Mopar infection...... I got it bad?  (Read 3804 times)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Mopar infection...... I got it bad?
« on: September 11, 2011 - 01:12:48 PM »
Funny when I go to crusie nights or car shows, anything non-Mopar doesn't seem to interest me much any more? Last month I sold my "beloved" BB Buick regal. It was a sweet car, fast too! ( faster than the Challenger....currently  :naughty:) I had a few sad thoughts watching it go down the road
( I had it for 12 years) but that only lasted a couple days. Today I just sold my 55 Belair... same thing, doesn't really bother me much. First thoughs were..... :woohoo:  More parts for the Challenger! :grinyes:

I'm starting to feel bad.... snob like almost, but if it's not a Mopar..... who cares?  :roflsmiley:
Sure I appreciate all the hard work people put into other brands, but somehow.... it's just not the same? :dunno:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: Mopar infection...... I got it bad?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011 - 01:15:46 PM »
hey Brad.... you`re violating copyright.... those are my lines....  :biggrin:  :cheers:
*** Bart ***

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011 - 01:53:22 PM »
I'm starting to feel bad.... snob like almost, but if it's not a Mopar..... who cares?  :roflsmiley:

That was great  :2thumbs:
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011 - 02:22:17 PM »
hey Brad.... you`re violating copyright.... those are my lines....  :biggrin:  :cheers:

LOL which lines?
Brad
Barrie,Ontario,Canada

My restoration thread 
 My handling upgrade post

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011 - 02:59:11 PM »
Try living with the disease for 40 years LOL
 I can appreciate other build but Really who cars !! , I saw an Aston Martin 12 cyl stuffed into a late Stang !!
 I saw three early Mopars 20s bodies with Cummins engines in them ... That was awesome .
 The only cure is death !!
 Congrats on selling the Shoebox BTW , they are ok if you do a vette suspension , tilt column basically replace all the 50s parts .
 I am so tempted to start building something down here in Panama , probably a rat rod !! just need a Cummins !!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011 - 03:02:03 PM by Chryco Psycho »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011 - 03:05:50 PM »
Try living with the disease for 40 years LOL
 I can appreciate other build but Really who cars !! , I saw an Aston Martin 12 cyl stuffed into a late Stang !!
 I saw three early Mopars 20s bodies with Cummins engines in them ... That was awesome .
 The only cure is death !!
 Congrats on selling the Shoebox BTW , they are ok if you do a vette suspension , tilt column basically replace all the 50s parts .
 I am so tempted to start building something down here in Panama , probably a rat rod !! just need a Cummins !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpjPIj1YF0M

To bad your Charger wasen't closer1! I'm having pretty good luck selling cars off my front lawn? I have a good buddies 57 Belair wagon for sale at the moment. I get 2-3 people every day stopping to inquire! Starting to look like a car lot around here! LOL
Brad
Barrie,Ontario,Canada

My restoration thread 
 My handling upgrade post

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011 - 03:12:28 PM »
Come & get my Charger !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011 - 03:25:49 PM »
I have a soft spot for `67-`70 stangs and my first car-a `68 Chevelle but otherwise it`s Mopar or no car! So Brad,now it`s only a matter of time till you get theat `70 road runner or GTX right?  :stirpot:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Matt70

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011 - 03:34:13 PM »
I'm afflicted also..... beware it is contagious my daughter got it via a Dart Sport and my wife has shown symptoms with a 2011 Challenger R/T!    :bigsmile:
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011 - 04:03:41 PM »
 Oh... so I'm not the only one...    :roflsmiley:   I always feel better around here. Thanks dude!   :ylsuper: R/T
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011 - 04:18:38 PM »
Count me in . I just got home from a big car show maybe 300 cars , all I looked at was Mopars . I appreciate the work that went into the other cars but why put that much time and money into anything but a Mopar ?  :dunno: :dunno:

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011 - 09:18:03 PM »
Yep, I went the 5.0 route for a couple years as most everybody lookin' to go fast cheaply does at some point..Be it Chevy or Ford, or any other make, but for some reason, the Mopar brand has always done well by me..I've had the later GM cars that everybody loves and adores, but there's just something bout a Chrysler product that tends to break up the mundane atmosphere of the typical Car show '55-'57 Chevy's, and '66-'69 Chevelles, '67-'73 Camaro scene. Sure when one pulls in and is very well executed, they command attention, but not like the Chryslers. only thing i hate about owning a Mopar/s is the typical, ignorant comment about having money to own a Mopar. It doens't take anymore money to build a 572 Mopar than it does to build a 572 Chevy or Ford. All are within about $2000.00 of each other and when your spending $30K on a motor, it really doesn't matter then anyway...The REAL problem I think with this type comment is the fact that the Mopars are what cost more to get into the "Cooler" cars from Chrysler.
Sure it will cost you more to get into a 1970 Cuda/Challenger than say a 1962 Fury, but this is only because these type cars are and were geared towards the popular " '69 Camaro/pony car" croud...That's what made them so popular in the first place IMO....

1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011 - 11:25:40 PM »
There is a 12 step ford  program for the really afflicted but so far no cure.,And there has been talk of a  patch for those that drive chevys as a crutch, but has never passed the Mopar USD standards,,those are the ones that really suffer, for alas there is no real cure. Symptoms  usually happen at the most in opportune  times . I have seen grown men flee weddings,run from Malls, and ditch the girl when sex is a sure thing (unless in a mopar), and then there are the night sweats and the shakes(whoa) ,and then there is the sleep walking when you wake up in the garage in the seat(thats when you know its bad),with the keys in the ignition(those people really suffer)  as they cant stop from turning the key and throttling up, those are the ones we need to support and give our all to. So join the group needed. JOIN
Mothers
Of
Pure
Acceleration
Rides
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011 - 11:48:28 PM »
Brad i must have the same infection as you cause i'm the same exact way. I do look at other brand x cars simply out of respect but my love is the mopars. I live in chevy and somewhat ford country as it is and mopars around here are far and between. Nothing upsets me more than seeing half breeds cause every street rod aroung here are mostly small block chevys. Somedays i just wanna buy a Camero just to put a mopar engine in one just to pi$$ somebody off  :lol:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011 - 02:30:26 AM »
LOL!! :roflsmiley: You forgot every piece of real estate has a mopar on it whether running or not and parts have heavily invaded the homes living space.