New Aluminum Griffin radiator & other misc. Challenger parts.

Author Topic: New Aluminum Griffin radiator & other misc. Challenger parts.  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Locomotion

• IHRA Stock/Footbrake ET
    • Locomotion Racing
New Aluminum Griffin radiator & other misc. Challenger parts.
« on: January 09, 2005 - 09:55:29 AM »
New, never installed Griffin aluminum radiator.
OEM appearance in aluminum for E-body w/small block.
(see attachment)

* 5-571GA-BAX
* New, never installed.
* 17.5"x26" core
* 2 row, 1.25" tubes
* Auto. trans cooler

$500 INCLUDING shipping in continental U.S.
from Florida - 32117
________________________________________________________________________________________

* '70-'71 Challenger side marker light patch panel. 7"x10" - $20

* Passenger side fender patch panel. Top-to-bottom section between wheel opening and door. - $30

* E & B body poly strut bushing kit. Mopar Perf. P4529184 - $12

* 340 FOUR BARREL OEM used hood emblems. Straight, unbroken pins. Paint could use touch-up or use as-is. $30 pair

* Standard twist-on gas cap. VG condition, needs repaint. - $40

* Set of '72-'74 tail-light assemblies. Need repainting & lenses have some scratches and scuffs. Studs and retaining nuts intact and with foam gaskets. $40/pair

* '73-'74-style rear bumper guards VG condition. $50/pair*****SALE PENDING*****

* E & B Body Engine Mounts set - 1 Magnum Mount and 1 replacement. NEW - $45/set

* E & B Body Moroso solid engine mounts # 62525, used. - $15/pair

* Emergency brake pedal assembly from '72-'74 Challenger. VG condition. $30.00

- Prices + shipping (except radiator.)

locomo@bellsouth.net

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005 - 05:51:41 AM by Locomotion »

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
Re: New Aluminum Griffin radiator & other misc. Challenger parts.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005 - 01:02:20 PM »
MAN... I need that radiator...  :banghead: :banghead: :stomp:   :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline Locomotion

• Locomotion Racing
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005 - 05:20:42 PM »
Well, I'd like to think it's a good deal. I've seen others advertised for $549 plus shipping! And the tanks on mine look more OEM than the others. (If it makes any difference.) I'm selling off my Challenger stuff to help keep my A-body going.

Cool car and history!
I don't mean to tease you, but I though you would get a kick out of the pic! I use to buy from him and have a few old catalogs. (Sorry, these aren't for sale.) I also know a guy in California who owns one of his Dusters!

Offline Locomotion

• Locomotion Racing
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005 - 05:23:22 PM »
  :laughup: How'd that happen? :???: That's bigger then the original decal!  :dontknow:

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005 - 07:45:49 AM »
That radiator is pretty neat that it looks somewhat orgional. Does it have a tranny cooler built into it?
I'll stick  to the summit cheapies for now,they work good. Can't afford a super sweet rad like that griffin! Good luck sellin everything. Sweet A body you got there!

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005 - 09:35:48 AM »
Well, I'd like to think it's a good deal. I've seen others advertised for $549 plus shipping! And the tanks on mine look more OEM than the others. (If it makes any difference.) I'm selling off my Challenger stuff to help keep my A-body going.

Cool car and history!
I don't mean to tease you, but I though you would get a kick out of the pic! I use to buy from him and have a few old catalogs. (Sorry, these aren't for sale.) I also know a guy in California who owns one of his Dusters!

Man - pls sell me that catalog!!!!!!!!!!  I found a guy who owns Ed Hamburger's Duster that he used to race. His name is Steve Streiter.. or something. I asked if he had any pics of Hamburger racing my black 71 340 shaker Cuda.. still has tow bars. My buddy had some of that info when the car was first bought from hamburger's brother-n-law. He said he would ask around, but found nothing. That was really cool that he asked though. We actually found some guy at the Englishtown mopar swapmeet who remembers Ed racing the black shaker Cuda & the white shaker chally in the mid 70's.. but I never found any pics. I have Ed Hamburger's original 8 qrt oil pan prototypes.. got it w/ the car.

I sure would love to have some of those catalogs..

71fish

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005 - 09:42:05 AM »
catalogs?? I meant decals. I did get my hands on some Ed Hamburger oil pan decals.. going right on noe of the Cuda windows. I love that 70's 1 mile look. Heck, I even have the giant roller cam that cam w/ the 340 they raced. pistons were slightly loose.. we were told Ed's crew put Nitrous in the oil.. There's some suspension work on the car.. not sure what they did though.

Car takes off like a rocket is all I know   :burnout:

71fish

Offline Locomotion

• Locomotion Racing
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005 - 03:39:59 PM »
Thanks!
Sorry, no Cuda pics. This is the best I can do which apparently shows the Challenger you are talking about.
I only have a few decals and no duplicate catalogs.

Yea, Steve is the guy I mentioned also. He's out in CA.  Lots of sneaky stuff was being done back then and probably still now! The stories are great!

I bought lots of stuff from Hamburger in the late '70's and early '80's.

Yes, the radiator does have a tranny cooler in the bottom tank, just like OEM.